Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

@Mac - help please...

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I've been trying in vain to upload the image that contains my terms and conditions into my listings. Each time I upload it, it is automatically shrunk by the system which results in the image being so small that the writing / text is totally illegible.

How can I get this image into my listings at "normal" size?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I've been trying in vain to upload the image that contains my terms and conditions into my listings. Each time I upload it, it is automatically shrunk by the system which results in the image being so small that the writing / text is totally illegible.

How can I get this image into my listings at "normal" size?

If the uploaded image in a trade-description is larger than 50KB we will reduce it's size to 500 pixels and optimise it. Just remember that all your listings will look good on the main-website but will not look great on mobile devices (iOS, Android coming in the next 2 weeks and more devices to follow in Q1 '13).

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks...

After much colourful language (!), I managed to make a plan via photobucket.

Just another query though relating to the uploading of images from one's "image gallery" - when I click on the image, the link comes up with other "junk" in it and the image shows in the preview box as a red cross. Example:

http%3A%2F%2Fimages.bidorbuy.co.za%2Fuser_images%2F163%2F467163%2F467163_121017135753_SAC7africamagic.jpg

Instead of excluding the odds and ends!

Please fix this asap! :)

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Thanks...

After much colourful language (!), I managed to make a plan via photobucket.

Just another query though relating to the uploading of images from one's "image gallery" - when I click on the image, the link comes up with other "junk" in it and the image shows in the preview box as a red cross. Example:

http%3A%2F%2Fimages.bidorbuy.co.za%2Fuser_images%2F163%2F467163%2F467163_121017135753_SAC7africamagic.jpg

Instead of excluding the odds and ends!

Please fix this asap! :)

Those funky characters you see in the URL was messed up by us and we will fix this shortly (i.e. within the hour)

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Should be all sorted now

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

Hi Mac,

I've been picking up something else that might also be considered somewhat funky (depending on the mission)... there are times that the "You've been outbid" emails contain the following info:

User Id

First Name

Surname

Alias

Email Address

Full Address

Telephone Number

etc.

This info should only be accessible after winning an auction or completing a buy now, and not in an 'outbid notification' so I figure there must be a problem? And it doesn't happen when accessing email in outlook, only when using another mode to access my email when I'm away from my 'puter.

Where shall I send the 'transcript' and mail mode used to so you can check it out?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Hi Mac,

I've been picking up something else that might also be considered somewhat funky (depending on the mission)... there are times that the "You've been outbid" emails contain the following info:

User Id

First Name

Surname

Alias

Email Address

Full Address

Telephone Number

etc.

This info should only be accessible after winning an auction or completing a buy now, and not in an 'outbid notification' so I figure there must be a problem? And it doesn't happen when accessing email in outlook, only when using another mode to access my email when I'm away from my 'puter.

Where shall I send the 'transcript' and mail mode used to so you can check it out?

Thanks for letting us know - I PM'd you my super-secret email-address ;-)

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

^^^^ This one is a bug on our part and we will fix it early tomorrow. In the text version of the email we display the seller's contact details.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Mac...

Last three listings have the infamous red x where thumbnails are suppose to be. Glinch your side or mine? These are yet to open.

Thanks.

Ruthie

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Mac...

Last three listings have the infamous red x where thumbnails are suppose to be. Glinch your side or mine? These are yet to open.

Thanks.

Ruthie

Hi there - it was us and it has been fixed :-)

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Thanks, Mac...064CAE14.gif

OUR_SP42.gif... off to listing.

Ruthie