Sign in to follow this  
MiemsJewels

Post Office strike is on!

MiemsJewels

Seems more like a household problem then.........:rolleyes:

meeks
Seems more like a household problem then.........:rolleyes:

Whatever the problem, the powers that be at the SAPO does not want to go public with it.

I phoned Head office, and asked whether there is any news on the strike, and the answer I got was "we don't know"

I then asked why we (the public, and paying customers) are not kept informed,as we also have businesses & clients relying on the postal service,and some parcels have been sitting at various post offices and postal hubs for weeks now, and the right thing to do, would be to keep us updated via the SAPO website... The reply to that was "I don't think they want to do that".

This same person then told me to just track with the tracking number????? customer services keeps one hanging there, you are lucky if you get an "agent" to speak to you.

Then I asked what the situation is with CPA ( Just took a dig at them).. Reply?? "I don't know... try the CPA"

Where on earth does that leave everyone , sellers and buyers?

Edited by meeks

YSLMAGIC

you so right Meeks they are hiding it away from the public..............

we asked our postmaster what is going on with the strike and he said it is all hush hush and they do not want the general public to know about hence no news reports on it. problem is that when the last strike ended the contract workers were promised a review by October and it never happened so now that is why they downing tools again as the promises made were never kept

meeks
you so right Meeks they are hiding it away from the public..............

we asked our postmaster what is going on with the strike and he said it is all hush hush and they do not want the general public to know about hence no news reports on it. problem is that when the last strike ended the contract workers were promised a review by October and it never happened so now that is why they downing tools again as the promises made were never kept

During the past weekend, I got a bit "cheeky" and decided to make use of the "contact us" option on the SAPO website, and sent an e-mail through lamenting about the public being kept in the dark about what is going on with the postal strike etc etc.

Lo and behold, I actually got a response e-mail this morning, and to get to the point, the news is they hope to get things sorted out within 2 weeks,but thanked me for bringing to their attention "urgent mail lodgements that need priority attention"??? ... All i did was mention that there are people with parcels stuck at various post offices and postal hubs, and these parcels have been there for some time already.

So, what the priority attention will be - if any ,is unclear.

svw
During the past weekend, I got a bit "cheeky" and decided to make use of the "contact us" option on the SAPO website, and sent an e-mail through lamenting about the public being kept in the dark about what is going on with the postal strike etc etc.

Lo and behold, I actually got a response e-mail this morning, and to get to the point, the news is they hope to get things sorted out within 2 weeks,but thanked me for bringing to their attention "urgent mail lodgements that need priority attention"??? ... All i did was mention that there are people with parcels stuck at various post offices and postal hubs, and these parcels have been there for some time already.

So, what the priority attention will be - if any ,is unclear.

"Within 2 weeks"! Well at least you got some form of an answer - I have just spent a large portion of my time this morning on the line to Customer Service only to establish that parcels I posted on the 8th October arrived at Pretoria Hub on the 9th and have been stuck there ever since and they don't know how much longer they will be there! If I have to do a trip down to Pretoria in the next few weeks and this issue has not been solved yet I have a good mind to go and barge into their Hub park myself on the floor and refuse to move until I get all my parcels back!

lilythepink

I think you might have to handcuff yourself to the PO counter if you get to the Pretoria hub! And remember to take padkos as it might take you a while to get to the counter!

svw
I think you might have to handcuff yourself to the PO counter if you get to the Pretoria hub! And remember to take padkos as it might take you a while to get to the counter!

:awesome: Handcuffs and padkos - excellent idea! - could be there for a very, very long time...any other bobbers that care to join me will be more than welcome

Jongleur
:awesome: Handcuffs and padkos - excellent idea! - could be there for a very, very long time...any other bobbers that care to join me will be more than welcome

Marvelous idea. Dress up in your Sharks supporters gear so they wont take you seriously.

svw
Marvelous idea. Dress up in your Sharks supporters gear so they wont take you seriously.

Can't do that - it's a bit of a tight fit at the moment because I have been eating too much biltong given to me by disgruntled Blue Bulls supporters...

lilythepink
Can't do that - it's a bit of a tight fit at the moment because I have been eating too much biltong given to me by disgruntled Blue Bulls supporters...

You could, of course, borrow one of Wayne's unique BoB outfits - and make sure he supplies the shoes which go with it!

voldermort

What is interesting about this strike is all the different information handed out to the public. I had an email last night from a buyer very politely telling me that he had purchased an item on 27 September and was still waiting for it. When he went with his tracking number to his Post Office they told him they cannot find this tracking number on the computer.

I then scanned him the original receipt with the tracking number so as to show him that this number, irrespective of what his Post Office says, is indeed valid.

When going onto the tracking site last night, the tracking number also showed up on my side as Incorrect, Please Enter A Valid Tracking Number.

This morning, trying the site once again, it now shows that item was last scanned at Cape Mail on 28 September (this I took a screenshot of, lest it goes into Incorrect mode again)

After phoning Track & Trace, I have now bn informed that item arrived at Tshwana Hub on 18 October and there it is stuck, person on the other end said many items arriving at Tshwana are not even being scanned in - hence on the internet it will still show the original office of acceptance.

What I cannot understand though, is why it is also showing tracking numbers as non existent at random periods - surely this cannot be acceptable.

Again, when querying this with person on the other end of the line, she said she had no idea why this was happening but it could also be related to the strike, however if a buyer sees on the SAPO site that a tracking number given to them is apparently "non existent" (especially after waiting weeks for parcel to arrive) how many would query this with the seller before instinctively thinking they have been had?

wayjen

Our neutral rating is from a Buyer in Sinoville which google gives as in Pretoria which I think is Tshwane which would put the parcel at Tshwane Hub. Do I tell this Buyer to head off to the Hub armed with their tracking number?

lilythepink

Well, the plant cuttings which I sent to svw on 25th September are also sitting at the Tshwane Hub. Perhaps if they changed the name to Pretoria Hub then things would get delivered more quickly?

Cali Craft and Gems

I almost fell off my chair just now when after just 4 minutes of being on hold with the SAPO tracking helpdesk, I actually got through to a human being!

I was following up on a parcel that has been sitting at Tshwane hub since the 15th and she said that the parcels should start moving now as the strike was resolved earlier today.

This is something I have to see to believe... but let's hope it's true!

wayjen

Cape Town starts on 29th but that is the message from 1 PO here.

donovink

According the the SAPO site, they confirm that the strike has been resolved:

10/24/2012 12:00:00 AM

Mail delivery returns to normal in Tshwane

We can confirm that the dispute in question has been resolved between the SA Post Office and striking casual workers. The SA Post Office expects the Tshwane Mail Centre to resume to its full functioning capacity in the next few days. Simultaneously, contingency plans have already been put in place to speedily reduce the backlog.

Lets hope things get back to normal soon. I have so far managed to keep my affected buyers happy with updates regarding the strikes but I am sure they are running out of patience.

Just Beachin
Thanks for the link, the way the story is spun on the sapo website leads one to believe they are complaining about working to many hours...or maybe I just jumped to a conclusion. The SAPO website is vague on why the workers are disgruntled. What's that "talk to the president" telephone number again?

Just Beachin
"Within 2 weeks"! Well at least you got some form of an answer - I have just spent a large portion of my time this morning on the line to Customer Service only to establish that parcels I posted on the 8th October arrived at Pretoria Hub on the 9th and have been stuck there ever since and they don't know how much longer they will be there! If I have to do a trip down to Pretoria in the next few weeks and this issue has not been solved yet I have a good mind to go and barge into their Hub park myself on the floor and refuse to move until I get all my parcels back!

While you are there, if you don't mind, I have a couple of packages stuck there too. Let me know when your going and I will get you the tracking numbers.

Just kidding, but if you do decided to go there to collect your parcels, I have had great success with that technique! Good Luck

HDMI

The post Office strike is off as from today...

Due to all the delays I decided to fly to Johannesburg to resolve some querries with post offices.

This is the conclusion..Or so they say..

The Lyttelton post office informed me today that the strike is over and I had 2 items sent from Cape town to this post office in

this week.. To my surprise, one arrived yesterday,the other is not here yet. Today they received absolutely no post whatso

ever. Their explanation for it was the backlog at the Tswane Hub. They reckon they've been waiting for some parcels since the

28th of last month:shock:

Many disgruntled clients waited and waited just to be dissapointed today..

Well, at least we all got the good news that the strike came to an end.. Lets see how it goes from here..

This strike indeed added many grey hair to many sellers and buyers,not even to mention the neutral and negative ratings..

Sapo,make us proud and get in gear for the busy festive season..

svw
Sapo,make us proud and get in gear for the busy festive season..

As long as they don't spend 50% of their time mulling over how to engage gear before the festive season is over...

wingnutz

Going to take action now!!

I have been waiting forever for an item I bought for a friend who has now pulled out leaving me with the cost but nothing to show for it. It is a pricey RC aircraft which I am quite concerned has been damaged in this pathetic, inexcusable unrest. I resigned myself to owning the thing myself when my mate pulled out and bought floats and equipment to fly her off the water for a fishing trip I am going on from tomorrow - but apparently it is still sitting at Tshwane hub/depot where two other parcels of mine are and have been lying for months now.

This is what I want to do and need to know if it is worthwhile and if anyone wants to come with me today. I was told by my bro in law that it is possible to collect a parcel from the hub directly as he did exactly that with some TVR car parts he ordered from the UK that lay at the hub for almost 2 months. I asked the very helpful seller if this is viable or if she has heard of this being done but she hadn't and wished me luck. So ID and tracking numbers in hand I am planning a trip through to the hub at about noon and have taken off work (because I really want this thing for my fishing trip)

Is anyone keen on joining me in my quest? I think more than one person may illicit a response or even better a favorable outcome. I am fedup with this country and the services we hard working public are confronted with wghere we are treated like second class rubbish - do you know that prisoners- rapists and murderers very rarely if ever have problems with their post!! :P:rolleyes::rolleyes I am fuming mad

wingnutz

My bidorbuy items stuck there:

PE 733 535 740ZA

PA 335 712 676ZA

I also have a number of items from the US, UK and domestic lying on a shelf there somewhere, one is a little over two months overdue now.

donovink

[TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Glad to see that things are slowly moving along at the Tshwane Hub. This parcel finally scanned in after more than a month!

Location last scanned: TSHWANE (HUB)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Currently has status of: In transit[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: table, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]TRACKING

LINE [/TD]

[TD]TYPE[/TD]

[TD]DATE[/TD]

[TD]TIME[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2012/10/25[/TD]

[TD]23:02[/TD]

[TD]TSHWANE (HUB)[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2012/09/25[/TD]

[TD]01:43[/TD]

[TD]DURMAIL (HUB)[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch[/TD]

[TD]2012/09/21[/TD]

[TD]13:46[/TD]

[TD]GILLITTS[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

wingnutz

What does this mean?

Could it possibly mean that my package may arrive at my post office (Valhalla Centurion) today making my trip to the hub less necessary - does anyone have some insight to give me some advice here - wait and chance it or go to the hub???

Reads as scanned at 02:48 today (obviously A.M.) at Tshwane which means it's been processed, does it get sent off straight away or what?? Help?

hope.jpg.544ce477eeb4f01bd7c0a8fd15e0b941.jpg