Sign in to follow this  
MiemsJewels

Post Office strike is on!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Another strike is on from today! No parcels in.......and no parcels out!

catzcan    10
catzcan

:mad::mad::mad:

svw    10
svw

:mad: I have had more than enough of "strike season" - hope their speed services is not affected - just sent off a package now - dam!

alloway65    10
alloway65

I think the PO workers are now trying to be as "efficient" as the Government!!!!

Another strike very annoying, I sent of a batch of parcels yesterday and no comment re a new strike was made by the PO staff who I know well!

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

On a positive note...

I've had a parcel sitting in Nelspruit since 02/10, checked daily and there it was... just sitting there. Figured, that's it then, par for the course, write it off.

This morning it was scanned in at our local hub.

As far as comparisons go then, wouldn't it be nice if our government actually delivered something, anything?

Using a courier service might just be the way to go for a while, if not indefinitely, and would certainly relieve the strain the PO is no doubt experiencing. A recent experiment yielded 3/3 sellers willing to allow collections with only one slight hiccup.

Encouraging...

JANDS    10
JANDS

Should start a courier company by interested Bob Sellers called "F**kemall, we deliver"

wayjen    10
wayjen

Just a few more sales and I can buy both FEDEX and UPS and call it FEDUP.

JANDS    10
JANDS

LOLOL

You realize your utter insanity is what makes me appreciate you

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
:mad: I have had more than enough of "strike season" - hope their speed services is not affected - just sent off a package now - dam!

Does this mean they are now making some type of beer with the plant cuttings I sent you? Oh dear!

And why did our PO not tell us there would be a strike before they accepted our items for posting yesterday morning. What complications ...!

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

F...........................!!

Pathway    10
Pathway

I'm happy! Got my parcels from Miems and Lily!!! :wink: On the other hand, I posted 2 today, and nobody said a word.....

svw    10
svw
Does this mean they are now making some type of beer with the plant cuttings I sent you? Oh dear!

And why did our PO not tell us there would be a strike before they accepted our items for posting yesterday morning. What complications ...!

Now that's an idea :idea: a cure for 'strike fever' - free and gratis to all strikers! ... If and when the cuttings arrive and they are all mooshy and gooey then I can recycle them into a 'Blue Beer' - on the other hand if they arrive all dried out a quick spin in the liquidizer should do the trick and a smoking it shall be - either way interesting times lie ahead :weird:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@svw - perhaps you've hit on a new brand of "muti"! An anti-strike medicine is definitely what is needed in SA right now! I hear the Municipal workers are also planning to strike now ...!!

svw    10
svw
@svw - perhaps you've hit on a new brand of "muti"! An anti-strike medicine is definitely what is needed in SA right now! I hear the Municipal workers are also planning to strike now ...!!

I can always go into mass production and then send to our resident Sangoma [Jongleur] to cast his magic powers over it before handing over to a willing pilot to scatter far and wide - 'lily' you had better guard your 'Blue Hibiscus' it's liable to become well pruned ! :awesome:

On a more serious note our Municipal workers have been on strike for the past week already - haven't received the monthly municipal bill this month just had to hazard a guess as to how much to pay before doing an EFT...

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I received a bill out of Johannesburg today (Vodacom),so I'm now a little confused.

Late week I received two,but they were from within Pretoria (Municipal bill and the eye institute).:confused::confused::confused:

Are the mailmen not on strike then?

meeks    10
meeks

Brilliantly put Wayne!

I phoned the P.O.Head office and queried the situation,and was told "yes there is a strike by the "contractors" but items will still be accepted and delivered - just will take a bit longer" say what????? I am still waiting for 2 bridal orders that was held up due to the truck driver strike,now this????.(Think I must tell my clients to rather get married next year)

Anyway, this just causes a general feeling of despondency, and this country is fast becoming (how do they say?) in sy m**r, if not there already.

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

@ Meeks - what number did you call? i'm on the line now for 45 minutes waiting for someone to answer my call so i can trace a parcel:mad:

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

I didnt know the previous strike was off !!!!!!!!!!or finished , if they move any slower here they will grow roots .

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I can always go into mass production and then send to our resident Sangoma [Jongleur] to cast his magic powers over it before handing over to a willing pilot to scatter far and wide - 'lily' you had better guard your 'Blue Hibiscus' it's liable to become well pruned ! :awesome:

On a more serious note our Municipal workers have been on strike for the past week already - haven't received the monthly municipal bill this month just had to hazard a guess as to how much to pay before doing an EFT...

I am afraid that the The National Union of Sangoma`s is also on strike. We consulted broadly and widely (down the passage and

stuff), at grassroots level (never quite grasped the meaning of this but anyway), taking all interested parties into account (both of

us) and said enough ! And that was final.

So, we are showing solidarity with our striking comrade brothers and sisters and embarking on a strike. It will end

when whoever started all this kak get`s his or her way. Until the next time.

meeks    10
meeks
@ Meeks - what number did you call? i'm on the line now for 45 minutes waiting for someone to answer my call so i can trace a parcel:mad:

Hi There,

I phoned 012-649 7000. They answered pretty quickly too.

Even if you do get through to customer services for tracking, one is put on hold to listen to this irritating voice telling one "your call is important to us,please be patient yada yada yada"

Hope you come right

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

thanks Meeks will try tomorrow. i stayed online for 1 hour listening to yada yada and no one answered the phone:mad:

meeks    10
meeks
thanks Meeks will try tomorrow. i stayed online for 1 hour listening to yada yada and no one answered the phone:mad:

Try the customer services early, but somehow I think the staff is deliberately avoiding queries, as they must be getting so many queries because a lot of parcels have not been scanned since they got "stuck" during the transport strike, even though the strike ended last week Friday.

Anyway, I hope if you do try customer services again tomorrow, you won't get much yada yada- Hell that's one annoying voice tone that!!!!!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

The Tswane Hub is on strike, but the Kriel Post Office won't accept any parcels. The reason for that is because it might get stolen at theTswane Hub.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well I am posting parcels without a problem in Grahamstown. Whether this will last, who knows, and how long it will take for my buyers to receive their items is just another guess ..!!!