Sign in to follow this  
phpBOB

phpBOB - Wordpress Plugin for BoB Affiliates and Sellers

phpBOB

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the board and BoB, but I come in peace, and bearing some cool tools :biggrin:

I've been an eBay affiliate for a few years, so I am not new to the auction world. BoB is really growing, so now i'm looking to see if I can replicate some of my EPN success here on the local platform.

Not many affiliates like to build just 1 site. Seasonal influences, and search engine algorithms can make for a rocky road if all your eggs are in one basket. The key to making a bunch of sites fast is automation !!

So, I have written a Wordpress plugin for BidorBuy, that makes it really simple to display auction listings on your own websites. If you are familiar with Wordpress then you will be up and running with this plugin within minutes.

Main benefits -

• Quickly build as many sites as you like.
  • Runs on your own server.
  • Use more than 12 search criteria to isolate just the auctions relevant to your website content.
  • Can display listings from just 1 seller (perfect for sellers with their own sites).
  • Simple to install and use.
  • Also comes with a new sidebar widget for displaying auctions.

There are too many features to list here, so you are very welcome to grab a fully functional demo version of the plugin from its home at www.phpbob.co.za, and give it a try for yourself. On that site you can also see the plugin in action, displaying auctions on the main home page, as well as in the sidebar.

I'll keep posting in this thread, but if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to drop them in here as well.

I wish you all good selling.

Alan

PS. My thanks also to Gerd from BoB HQ, who had some very cool suggestions that are now incorporated into the software.

MacMuffin

Just a quick heads up to everyone - we have been working with Alan and gone through the Wordpress plugin and are happy with his work and the way results are retrieved from our site and displayed.

You affiliate commission will work exactly the same way. The benefit of Alan's plugin is that it natively integrates into Wordpress and does not require you to "fiddle" with HTML code.

phpBOB

Hi Everyone

Just a quick note that the phpBOB plugin has now been upgraded to use the latest search mode that BoB have just released yesterday. It is now at least twice as fast as it was before.

Thanks BoB for the new XML feed :bigsmile:

If you are currently playing with this plugin, then please download the newest version and upgrade straight over the top of your current version. If you have customised your templates then save them first, or they will be overwritten.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Alan

quickshopping

Eisch phpBOB, nice plugin but why so expensive, $68 for a WP Plugin is a lot of money in the international market. The way bob affiliate cookies work it's not easy to make money with the program I have 2 sites that rank google page one for bidorbuy keyword and to make R600 a month is not easy. I see you are a clever php programmer, why don't you make it a income share plugin, one for you and one for me, just a suggestion.

Good luck with the plugin, the feed work well :-)

phpBOB

Hi quickshopping

Thanks for your reply, and your point is well taken.

It pretty much boils down to economies of scale. Its easy to sell a plugin for $5 when you are expecting to sell a few thousand of them. However, when you are looking to sell just a few dozen then its a whole different story when it comes to recovering the time taken to initially develop the software, and then to both maintain/support it and write new functionality during its lifetime.

As luck would have it though, I already have an exisiting revenue sharing plugin that I wrote some time ago (for a different plugin on another auction platform). I can very easily incorporate this coding into phpBOB, and release it as a free alternative to the paid version.

Keep an eye on this thread for an update .. and thanks for the suggestion :bigsmile:

Alan