Sign in to follow this  
miraclebabycaw

SNC - Buyer appeals - why 14 days?

miraclebabycaw

Hi admin

Just wondering if this cannot be done quicker? I sold an item on auction end september. It was actually 2 of the same item. The one buyer got outbid on one of the items, but won the other one. They did not pay stating that they needed 2 and as I only had 1 I had to please relist as she didn't want it. I relisted and sold it, filed an SNC last week after the required 7 days with the reason buyer rejected the product. Today she appeals the SNC saying she didn't pay because the auction was for 2 items, she wanted 2 and only won one???? Now it says I need to wait another 14 days for the decision? Can I send anything to anyone (her mails to me) to speed this up? I understand there is a process but another 14 days?

UGH these new buyers are becoming a pain at times...6 pending SNC's and I can see a new one coming soon ...

Not1CentMore

It's not just new Buyers. Some of my bid/win/bale Buyers have high double and triple digit feedback.

My terms state payment due 3-days. When auction closes, I send out a winning email notification and send message via BoB's message system: Auction closed such-and-such a date. Winning email notification sent. Payment options/instructions in text. If no response or communicatin by fourth day, I send out a reminder email and note: Reminder - Payment has not been received. If, on day six, still no contact, I send yet another email saying: Terms state payment due in 3-days. Terms not met. Payment not received. Item re-listed; no longer available. SNC will be filed. Same is sent via BoB's message system.

On 7th day, SNC is filed (copy paste messages sent via BoB's message system) and it is 'all over but the shout'. Buyer can appeal... or not. It is my understanding (Admin, please correct me if wrong), that if terms are not met and Buyer is notified, via BoB's message system, that item is no longer, Seller is 'released' from the transaction and item can be relisted and any payment received can be reverted. In my opinion, there is no good reason for Seller to be Buyer's 'puppet on a string' for 20+ days (SNC filed, SNC appealed day 6 and then another 7-days).

Like most Sellers, I will gladly work with my Buyers (even bending over backwards), but I am not willing to be bent, twisted, baked and salted like a pretzel.

Ruthie

miraclebabycaw

Thanks Ruthie. Yip agree wholeheartedly. It's becoming a nightmare to sell with some of these buyers. I have 2 that on day 6 stated they would still pay, now the one has been disabled but still no credit. The other I had already said I have relisted and resold....and emailed her as well....but I still have to wait.

Thankfully happy ending to this...I did get notification from BoB on this today saying they had rejected the sellers appeal and have refunded me my money, so thanks for that BoB. Much appreciated. Only R3 on this one, but it all adds up..

JitterBuggi

Yip, have the same problem with many old buyers though. Favourite trick is to order several items, only pay for some, leaving you hanging for weeks on end until their next payday I presume......no email / notification / correspondence of any sort. If you file SNC - you get told off - "you KNOW they pay EVENTUALLY so what's the problem?"

Causes quite an inconvenience in keeping track of everyone's problems!

lilythepink

Welcome to the forum, JitterBuggi!

miraclebabycaw

And now another one..Day 6 and she appeals the SNC, stating she bid on two auctions and didn't think she would win both ... I mean WTF!!!! Now why do they blimin well appeal it.. make you so angry!!