Sign in to follow this  
DIY PRODUCTS

Negative Ratings & the Current Trucking strike...

Jongleur
Any chance of 'bob' branching out into this field in the near or distant future? - you would have a ready market...just imagine a fleet of 'little runners' sporting bidorbuy logos etc..

What an excellent idea. The runners can run in relays decked out in black and orange. You can employ runners by the thousands.

And give far better service.

svw
What an excellent idea. The runners can run in relays decked out in black and orange. You can employ runners by the thousands.

...and the logo could read "buy online at bidorbuy.co.za - guaranteed delivery in half the time" ...

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Until they decide to strike!!!!:whistling::rolleyes:

Jongleur
Until they decide to strike!!!!:whistling::rolleyes:

Then BoB can put them up for auction. No reserve. Buy 10 get 10 free. No postage required - they will

walk to your door. No returns. Any complaints and we send you 10 more. Negative ratings welcome.

YSLMAGIC

aaarrrggggghhhhhhh:mad::mad:....................... the time has come for me to step away from my computer before i smash it to pieces

i have answered about 20 emails now all relating to "wheres my parcel", "i have not received my item yet" and one even asked me "are you a genuine seller or did you run away with my money"? yeah right i'm going to run very far with R100 thanks:shock:

how come there is no write up or anything on the post office website or even in the news with regards to the strike?? if anyone has any information please do share with me before i do consider taking the R100 and "running" away with it:whistling:

wayjen
aaarrrggggghhhhhhh:mad::mad:....................... the time has come for me to step away from my computer before i smash it to pieces

i have answered about 20 emails now all relating to "wheres my parcel", "i have not received my item yet" and one even asked me "are you a genuine seller or did you run away with my money"? yeah right i'm going to run very far with R100 thanks:shock:

how come there is no write up or anything on the post office website or even in the news with regards to the strike?? if anyone has any information please do share with me before i do consider taking the R100 and "running" away with it:whistling:

Did you issue tracking numbers? Are those tracking numbers showing up online? Are the counter staff at the PO on strike and did they accept your parcel over the counter?

YSLMAGIC

Yes Wayne as soon as an order goes out i issue the tracking number and recently i have added a note of "please expect delays due to strikes".

the tracking numbers are all online and our post office is accepting parcels. problem is once its @ Witspos hub there is no movement. some parcels are there from the 26.09 already...........i'm pulling my hair out here:sad2:

in my recent emails to all winning persons i have added the ffg note :

ALTHOUGH THE TRUCK DRIVER STRIKE HAS COME AN END - SAPO HAS NOW EMBARKED ON THEIR OWN STRIKE - WOULD BE ADVISABLE TO INSURE YOUR PARCELS BEING SENT VIA POST OR TO ENQUIRE ABOUT COURIER OPTION – WE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR LATE DELIVERIES OR LOST PARCELS

wayjen
Yes Wayne as soon as an order goes out i issue the tracking number and recently i have added a note of "please expect delays due to strikes".

the tracking numbers are all online and our post office is accepting parcels. problem is once its @ Witspos hub there is no movement. some parcels are there from the 26.09 already...........i'm pulling my hair out here:sad2:

in my recent emails to all winning persons i have added the ffg note :

ALTHOUGH THE TRUCK DRIVER STRIKE HAS COME AN END - SAPO HAS NOW EMBARKED ON THEIR OWN STRIKE - WOULD BE ADVISABLE TO INSURE YOUR PARCELS BEING SENT VIA POST OR TO ENQUIRE ABOUT COURIER OPTION – WE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR LATE DELIVERIES OR LOST PARCELS

And your Buyers are still in the dark about their parcels??

What more can a Seller do bar riding across SA to hand deliver parcels?

YSLMAGIC

hmmmmmm......that must be the thought process they all following..........i am worried to even think what is going to happen in November once the rush starts for christmas:unsure:

wayjen

Tough times ahead for all of us for sure.

JORYHA TRADING

Well.... I echo your sentiments and feelings of frustration YSL! I have decided to hang up my boots for a while and take a break from BoB for a while... My 3 staff members who are all disabled have gone on paid leave while I reconsider a future with BoB. This is the latest email I received this afternoon from a buyer who has purchased quite a number of items, so I am expecting a couple more negatives! Incidentally her package sits at Cape Mail and web page of SAPO reflects package still at cape mail since 5 October. No updates since. Message from buyer reads...

"I have not received any of the above orders. I have made prompt payment and I expect prompt delivery. Please enquire where my items are and let me know. The truck strike has been over for more than a week. I do need the stuff for orders I have to full."

We have all been affected in some way or another, but unfortunately there is a lack of understanding, patience and tolerance.

svw
Well.... I echo your sentiments and feelings of frustration YSL! I have decided to hang up my boots for a while and take a break from BoB for a while... My 3 staff members who are all disabled have gone on paid leave while I reconsider a future with BoB. This is the latest email I received this afternoon from a buyer who has purchased quite a number of items, so I am expecting a couple more negatives! Incidentally her package sits at Cape Mail and web page of SAPO reflects package still at cape mail since 5 October. No updates since. Message from buyer reads...

"I have not received any of the above orders. I have made prompt payment and I expect prompt delivery. Please enquire where my items are and let me know. The truck strike has been over for more than a week. I do need the stuff for orders I have to full."

We have all been affected in some way or another, but unfortunately there is a lack of understanding, patience and tolerance.

I think we have all been affected one way or another - it's very, very frustrating! I don't know about other sellers but I have had a decrease in sales as a result of all this. At the moment I am busy getting quotes from different courier companies - for a high value item it's fine to use a courier but many buyers do not want to pay the additional amount in shipping via courier for low value items it's simply not worth the extra cost. If it was possible I would love to be in a position to open up a company in opposition to SAPO !

circe

the cheapest i have found so far is fastway couriers. u can try them.

YSLMAGIC

fastway is the cheapest but they don't cover most areas which is a disadvantage for most people. i have also signed up with The Courier Guy and advise buyers to take courier option and then get a quotation from them as they first need dimensions and weight as they do not have a set price like Fastway

wayjen

Last night we get a neutral rating because the Buyer has not received his/her parcel. The parcel shows it to be in transit yet they rate already. I went and looked at the Buyers profile and see they rated someone in a similar manner and the excuse is that BoB want them to rate their Buyers.

They not serious!!

lilythepink

They could be serious with the rating in that they are confused serious.

Remember, after a certain time BoB sends out messages to buyers, asking them to rate sellers. Perhaps your buyer thought they HAD to do it right away? I would email that buyer and explain the situation to them.

wayjen
They could be serious with the rating in that they are confused serious.

Remember, after a certain time BoB sends out messages to buyers, asking them to rate sellers. Perhaps your buyer thought they HAD to do it right away? I would email that buyer and explain the situation to them.

Thanks, I will send you their email address in a moment :bigsmile:

qball

We state the following on the reminder email:

"Your rating should reflect your overall experience relating to a specific transaction (product, delivery and service). We encourage you to complete the transaction before leaving your rating and feedback.

If there are any problems, please contact the seller and try to resolve them before leaving your rating."

wayjen
We state the following on the reminder email:

"Your rating should reflect your overall experience relating to a specific transaction (product, delivery and service). We encourage you to complete the transaction before leaving your rating and feedback.

If there are any problems, please contact the seller and try to resolve them before leaving your rating."

Cuan, we know SOME Buyers don't do this and that neutral rating on our site is one of those people that ran to the rating button without contacting us and I bet even tracking their parcel.

We avoided a neutral and or negative rating from a Buyer because they contacted us regarding a book we sold just the other day and we sorted it out within the hour.

I can bet you that the latest bunch of ratings for Sellers on BoB, which has to do with delivery, are from Buyers who have not contacted the Sellers.

wobblyg

update

I am having the same problem as much as i explain about the trucking strike and now the postal strike customers still negative rate me it has been a nightmare just to get back to people abou their parcels. I have also had more negative ratings or neutral ratings lately mainly because of the strike. Can't BOB send out a bulletin or something. It is getting out of hand now. I have even resorted to handing out a couple of BOB vouchers.

Edited by wobblyg
update

qball

The problem is a very simple one, there is no clarity on this issue, so it is difficult for us to comment or advise people, as there are conflicting reports, little or no confirmation from the Post Office themselves, confusion and lack of information.

We have put up alerts on our Help page, there are posts on the forum, etc. Sellers must just communicate with their buyers and keep them updated. Not all sellers are affected, some goods are being shipped and delivered, others are not, so it is difficult for us to know exactly what is going on.

Cali Craft and Gems

This specific buyer has been on my case (quite rudely I must add) for a while now about his parcel. The latest email tonight has left me fuming once again (although the tone of this last email is polite compared to those from the past).

All ratings received by prw on bidorbuy.co.za

He is tackling sellers from all directions and I see that a lot of the negative ratings he has given to sellers over the past few weeks have been removed. He blames the sellers' directly for the non-delivery or extreme delays with regards to his parcels, and gets rather hard-**** when you state that because of the ongoing strike action, it is really beyond your control!

When you corner him with the facts (ie. strikes, dates, etc) then he suddenly swings the entire story around and wants to know why you are picking on him and are rude to him?! (another "pity me" saga)

In particular, the time frame for his transaction from us: Item won on 16 Sept at 23:30. Payment received on 18 Sept at 20:40. Tracking number supplied on 19 Sept at 23:20. Parcel first scanned into SAPO system on 20 Sept at Oudtshoorn at 08:50. Then it is scanned again at George hub on 20 Sept at 16:20 then it gets "stuck" at CapeMail from then until it shows on the system again on 15 October at Tshwane hub... and has not moved since.

It took longer for him to make payment from close of auction than it took for me to ship his parcel after payment, yet it is my fault! If only this buyer was as understanding as most of my buyers have been!

Quoted from the last email from this buyer to myself:

"In between corresponding between us conveniently removed?? Man I am NOT confused! Much later orders already received. Can you be so kind and inform me of the latest who to blame status of my items from YOU?????"

Cali Craft and Gems

@ BoB - I am now honestly sick and tired of the nonsense and continuous emails from this buyer - right up until now just before 1am!

What do you suggest be done about the situation? I can forward the correspondence if requried.

Regards.

wayjen

There is a Buyer who has rated all her Sellers in the month of October with neutrals because they are still waiting delivery, whilst the delivery via the PO is out of a Sellers control the negatives and neutrals reflecting on Sellers profiles does not bode well for business at all.

qball
@ BoB - I am now honestly sick and tired of the nonsense and continuous emails from this buyer - right up until now just before 1am!

What do you suggest be done about the situation? I can forward the correspondence if requried.

Regards.

Remember, these are your customers, they are also frustrated and angry as they haven't received their parcels, so cutting them a little slack won't hurt you... be calm, polite, and civil, no matter how they respond to you.