Sign in to follow this  
DIY PRODUCTS

Negative Ratings & the Current Trucking strike...

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

What can be done about Negative ratings relating to the strike and delay in Services?

I have added the following to the Tracking Number email :

Thanks for your support! Your Parcel is on the way :)

**NOTE : TRUCKING STRIKE ON AT THE MOMENT!!!!

**PARCELS ARE BEING DELAYED, PLEASE BE PATIENT AS IT IS OUT OF MY CONTROL**

Yet, All ratings received by DIY PRODUCTS on bidorbuy.co.za

And it seems its not just me, All ratings given to sellers on bidorbuy.co.za by RynoCarelse82

When I statred selling I made many mistakes and had a rating score of BELOW 89%, I have working hard to consistently increase that score to above 96% and climbing, This I can tell you is NO SMALL FEAT, for every Negative received it takes countless Positives to counter its effects, and in just 1 week, its partly down the drain. I am considering 'Taking a break' from BoB until the strike is over. I am so demotivated right now, I really feel this is unfair in the extreme.

kebs    10
kebs

I have put a notice on my listings that I strongly recommend buyers use the courier service I offer until the strike is over, or be prepared to wait - patiently.. I had one buyer who left neutral feedback, so I emailed her to explain, she didn't know about the strike.. She has changed the rating.. Maybe email your buyers & explain?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Kriel (Ganala) Post Office- NO PARCELS IN AND NO PARCELS OUT!

Damn strike!

:mad::mad::ninja::mad::mad:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Same problem here in Grahamstown! Oh dear!:mad:

kebs    10
kebs

I have now sent out an email to all buyers explaining the situation & asking them to please be patient as this is out of my control.. Holding thumbs the strike will be over soon..

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

@ DIY, The negative rating you received are very unfair! Did you contact the buyer to tell him what the situation are? My goodness, everybody knows that there is a strike going on by now. He can't hold you responsible for that. You know.......some people....

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

I am now officially pulling away from BoB until this strike is over. I have just returned from the postoffice, whilst there I received an email from my courrier service wanting to confirm if I really wanted stock collected today as their van had been burned out and 900 parcels lost, I was so shocked I told the lady at the post office about it and happened to mention that I felt safe since all my parcels are insured, she then informs me that the post office will not cover any insurance claim during the time of the strike as it falls under 'Consequential loss' which is not covered. With the quantity of parcels I send out the value mounts and I cant possibly take the chance of having to cover losses in this high likelyhood that parcels are going to be lost/stoled/destroyed. For interests sake, who would Bid or Buy/ The CPA hold accountable in this situation?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Sounds like we are between the devil and the deep blue sea?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Sellers needs to be clairvoyant too?

Question:

Dear Miems,

Hope you are well, can you please be so kind as to indicate when I will be receiving my parcel please.

Many Thanks

S*****n

Answer:

Hi S****n,

Die stakers sal jou 'n beter aanduiding kan gee!

Jou pakkie is huidiglik by Tswane Hub.

We only hope for the best!

Regards

Miems

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]PARCEL TRACKING RESULTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Item Number: PA237749248ZA was last scanned on: 2012/09/27 at 22:21

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Location last scanned: TSHWANE (HUB)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Currently has status of: In transit

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: table, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]TRACKING

LINE

[/TD]

[TD]TYPE

[/TD]

[TD]DATE

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH

[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1

[/TD]

[TD]In transit

[/TD]

[TD]2012/09/27

[/TD]

[TD]22:21

[/TD]

[TD]TSHWANE (HUB)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2

[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch

[/TD]

[TD]2012/09/27

[/TD]

[TD]14:09

[/TD]

[TD]GA-NALA

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

PARCEL TRACKING RESULTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Item Number: PA237749248ZA was last scanned on: 2012/09/27 at 22:21

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Location last scanned: TSHWANE (HUB)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Currently has status of: In transit

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

kebs    10
kebs

Heard today that some of the strikers will be back at work tomorrow.. Any truth to this?

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

"Where is my parcel?" in email number one... quickly followed by:

"I suppose the delays are due to the strike? When will I be getting my parcel?"

And this is not the first / only buyer on my case...

(latest trend includes - "I'll be sending someone around to collect" without asking me if it is convenient - BoB items are at the house and not the shop, and one buyer does not ask if delayed payment is accepted - she simply tells me that she'll be paying at the end of October!)

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Kebs, I also heard that three out of four unions have pulled out of the strike,but when they go back to work no-one knows.

kebs    10
kebs

Let's pray soon!!!:angel:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Nice language and threats I have been on the receiving end of today from a few buyers - one in particular who has been reported to BoB. (payment received 3 days after sales closed, and dispatched within less than 36 hours of receiving payment in line with our shipping schedule)

I guess it takes all types to make the world go round...

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

svw    10
svw

Maybe now things will get back to normal - looks like the strike is over - deal has just been signed 30 min ago!

South Africa's transport union sign wage deal - employers | Reuters

Now I might receive my vrot plant cuttings 'lily' or they may have burst out of the box already full of roots and leaves - either way it is going to be a very interesting parcel indeed......

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

hmmmm with the truck strike ending that is great however i just came back from my post office and according to the lady there, we will be faced with another SAPO National strike soon. They plan to down tools from November as they were meant to have received an increase in October which never happened. Unions are still negotiating but if no agreement is reached we could be "deep in the dung" in November once again:cry:..............

qball    10
qball

I would start looking at other alternatives for shipping goods.... couriers, freight companies etc.

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

yes thinking of using courier as the only shipping method for now till all calms down

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Just heard on TV news that the truck strike is over! I suppose the Post Offices will be busy with all BoB-ers posting on Monday? The queues are going to be enormous!

HDMI    10
HDMI

The damage the strikers did to us!!!

Just heard on TV news that the truck strike is over! I suppose the Post Offices will be busy with all BoB-ers posting on Monday? The queues are going to be enormous!

Eish, we were badly hit by the strike.

Never before did we have so many neutral or negative ratings. From damaged goods to late delivery,the list goes on....

Many items arrived as much as 2 weeks late. What are we to do? We tried to liase with buyers to communicate the possible delays. Our shipping conditions made it clear that we take precautionary measures in line with the strike. The damage is clearly done. Those that sells on bob, understood,however there were those who simply dont understand.

Please see on sapo's site, it seems they have an seperate strike over labour brokers

SEE BELOW:SAPO: The South African Post Office

Current articles:

linebuilder_blue.gif

blankspacer.gif

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: text, width: 345] 10/5/2012 12:00:00 AM

Delay in mail processing and delivery

A few months ago the South African Post Office embarked on a thorough process of assessing its human capital needs. It is important to note that the needs of the organisation are unique and require a diverse employee base, including the use of both full-time permanent and flexible staff. As part of part this process, the SA Post Office proactively embarked on phasing out the use of labour brokers and initially offering direct temporary contracts to its casual employees in September while finalizing the long-terms strategy for eventual appointments of these casual employees. As a consequence, some staff members have had certain objections to the process, which has resulted in a group of employees embarking on illegal work stoppages.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have just noticed that two of the parcels which I sent off on Monday, both marked "personal effects", were accepted by our local PO but the clerk registered one as "plants" and the other as "music". As neither parcel contained plants or music, the mind boggles as to what will happen if a claim does arise.

wayjen    10
wayjen

There should be no ratings issued for late delivery of items because the Buyer has a tracking number they can track to see that the item is still at a post office. The same Buyer can track the item to see whether the parcel is moving or not. The Buyer and Seller should be aware that there is a truck drivers strike on if they watch/listen/read the news. Once again I will say that a tracking number IS NOT A RECEIPT for goods bought but a number to track a parcel so Buyers must use it for what it is intended for.

When it comes to a PO strike and our parcels, there are different departments in the PO and depending on the strike our parcels will either not be scanned into the system thereby us not being able to track them but if it's another department and the parcels are scanned and entered the system then the parcels are there to be tracked.

Unless you living under a rock, South African's should know about the strikes and how it will affect this business and both Buyers and Sellers of BoB should give each other some leeway in this matter.

kebs    10
kebs

Agreed Wayne... I get emails daily, from the same people. who are aware of the strikes, but seem unable to track their parcel themselves, or phone the SAPO to get info.. I feel I should be getting an extra salary as I am clearly the post office in these people's opinion!!!

wayjen    10
wayjen
Agreed Wayne... I get emails daily, from the same people. who are aware of the strikes, but seem unable to track their parcel themselves, or phone the SAPO to get info.. I feel I should be getting an extra salary as I am clearly the post office in these people's opinion!!!

Ohh eh eh!!

You cannot win when it comes to the posting of items. Some Buyers and Sellers have it down to a fine art whilst others could not care and others need to be spoon fed.

svw    10
svw
I would start looking at other alternatives for shipping goods.... couriers, freight companies etc.

Any chance of 'bob' branching out into this field in the near or distant future? - you would have a ready market...just imagine a fleet of 'little runners' sporting bidorbuy logos etc..