Sign in to follow this  
oaks and acorns

Please delete my bid

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

Hi,

I bid on an item that closes tonight and have asked the seller twice via Q&A to please remove my bid from his auction. Not sure if he's not getting the messages (a BoB glitch) or whether he's simply ignoring the request.

As the seller offers combined shipping over a two week period I also emailed him last sunday night after completing a prior transaction, thanking him for the opportunity to bid on his auctions and asking him to keep the items won for a week (until this Sunday/Monday) so that all the items won could be posted together. He disregarded (or didn't receive) my email and sent me the tracking number for those two items last Monday.

The auction closes at 21:00 tonight and assistance would be appreciated so that I don't pick up a negative for non-payment.

tia,

Edited by oaks and acorns
... and all's well that ends well - and the seller got his price plus... thank you, dankie, enkosi kakhulu :)

admin    0
admin

Hi oaks,

Please post or pm me the trade id.

Thank you.

Gallowbuna    10
Gallowbuna

Buyers ignoring bid removal requests

Hi oaks,

Please post or pm me the trade id.

Thank you.

I was winning an auction and suddenly the price was bumped up by a few hundred by someone I suspected of being a shill bidder. Being new to BoB, I didn't realise that I could just report this bidder to BoB directly.

I then twice requested that my bid be removed. I also emailed the seller directly once the auction had closed asking that he please sort the issue out. The seller only replied "Too late!", which I found to be completely rude and unprofessional.

I only seem to be getting auto-responses from the community email address, no response from an actual BoB employee. The seller's since sent me an invoice and request for payment, but I'm not interested in buying the item.

Any advice?

qball    11
qball
I was winning an auction and suddenly the price was bumped up by a few hundred by someone I suspected of being a shill bidder. Being new to BoB, I didn't realise that I could just report this bidder to BoB directly.

I then twice requested that my bid be removed. I also emailed the seller directly once the auction had closed asking that he please sort the issue out. The seller only replied "Too late!", which I found to be completely rude and unprofessional.

I only seem to be getting auto-responses from the community email address, no response from an actual BoB employee. The seller's since sent me an invoice and request for payment, but I'm not interested in buying the item.

Any advice?

The seller must delete your bid, failing which we can warn the seller for non compliance in terms of the CPA. Please rather phone us if there is a problem, emails may take time to respond to depending on when the actual auction took place, or if we are dealing with other matters at the time, or if it is outside of our support hours. You will not get an immediate response to email notifications depending on the above factors, you will get automated confirmation that we received your emails and will respond once we have an opportunity to investigate.