Sign in to follow this  
SA COINAGE

Not receiving email notifications? There seems to be a problem with the system?

SA COINAGE    10
SA COINAGE

Edited by SA COINAGE

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Same with me - my service provider is Mweb just in case it's not a BoB issue.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Same with us and we are with Hetzner.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Both Mweb and Hetzner have issues. Our mail-systems did successful deliver mail to both providers, but both ISPs have a lack-luster attitude in managing their mail-systems (MWEB caused mail-downtime back in May due to misconfigurations on their part).

We monitor our mail-transmission daily and notify ISPs once we detect issues - unfortunately in most incidents they don't really care too much about if mails don't get delivered on time or at all.

I suggest if you really want to ensure reliable mail transmission, to create a GMail account for your bidorbuy mails and change your contact details.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

One more thing - please stay away from mail providers such as webmail.co.za, yahoo.com, mail.ru or hush.com - all those domains are frequently involved in phishing, distribution of trojans and viruses and mail delivery to those domains can not be guaranteed.

In some instances you will need to specifically whitelist bidorbuy.co.za in order to get mail delivered. MWeb for example claims that Mweb users not receiving mail have blacklisted and reported bidorbuy.co.za as spam. When we checked with users in question, they did not blacklist or report mails.

Some of the South African ISPs operate nowadays like SAPO...

kebs    10
kebs

& me, using Aerosat?

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All

We're with Algoanet and also missed a few emails from bidorbuy yesterday. Most notably, bob-Pay EFT confirmations were not received.

kebs    10
kebs

It's very odd as I receive notifications of items that have closed, & questions asked - but no sales or EFT notices..

Cali Craft and Gems

Getting minimum BoB emails, but stacks and stacks of spam / junkmail!

SA COINAGE    10
SA COINAGE

Edited by SA COINAGE

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I've been with Gmail for 5years now,and have had ZERO problems.NO privacy problems, nothing.

Gmail is huge, hence the NO problems you will experiences with other email providers.

Mac is 100% correct,you should check your facts.

Cali Craft and Gems

I sent my hubby two emails last week from my Mweb to his Gmail account - one came through fine, the other went straight into the Spam folder - and there was nothing explicit or indecent in the one that was trashed.

On a personal level, gmail is a headache when it comes to BoB work / emails - it is not "that" user friendly.

Ultimately I pay for a service which I expect to be provided - whosoever may be to blame or is playing the blame game. I do not have time to fiddle around with little irritations (incl email issues, missing pics, etc) and need to spend my time on real work instead.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Okay after getting all emails from Sunday morning till this morning at around 12.30 today bob emails are not being received again.

Mac and Shaun are being incredibly helpful and trying to resolve the issue however I cant get away from the belief that this is not a service provider issue but a bob issue.

If its a service provider issue why am i getting 100% of emails sent from other people to me and how could it be the service provider when at least 5 people who have posted have the same issue and yet they are all with different isps.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

I have my own Domains and would never support a free email service ,and am very suspicious of businesses that use them , there is virtually no way of tracking a fraudulant deal over a free email address , So I do tend to agree that advising people to use them instead of paid emails like mentioned ,is irresponsible, these companys spend millions trying to keep their members safe and free from abuse .and just to mention I also am not getting emails regularly, sometimes only a day or two later , and there is definately nothing wrong on my domains .

Edited by mrmouse

miraclebabycaw    10
miraclebabycaw

It happened to me a short while ago as well..a gmail account but one which our company set up (and I hate it). That being said I was getting some BoB stuff and not others..specifically the eft payment notifications. Found them eventually in SPAM.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

You must have sent those two close to one another,Gmail doesn't tolerate spam.Unless you click "not spam" emails from that address will always be received in the future even when sent close to one another.

Mrmouse I have the same option with vodacom,but I know that half of my emails (from all over the internet) will arrive late.And many I won't receive.And Gmail is secure unless you have an idiot password like 12345678.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Vodacom is classified as a free email , you have a vodacom number then you have an email im talking about paid service providers , they spend a fortune to protect you , these days everyperson has to have a gmail account without it youre android device is useless , I also have one but dont bother to look at it .

wayjen    10
wayjen

We get an email today asking for a tracking number that we sent on 26 September via the Bob messaging system. We resent the tracking number again via the BoB messaging system and then then told the Buyer so via our own email account and the Buyer replies that he has not received the BoB message and just as we are about to send the number via our email he replies he received it.

This is very time consuming and can lead to negative and or neutrals ratings being given by Buyers who either fail to check their emails and spam boxes and if BoB messaging system fails to work.

Cali Craft and Gems

I've also noticed a trend in the buyers' not receiving the messages that have been sent through the BoB system! It is very concerning as the buyer automatically thinks the seller is up to nonsense!

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I have often wondered whether buyers are getting the emails I send through the Bidorbuy system . So often I send tracking numbers only to have the buyer request it a day or 2 later. I have also in the past 2 days sent notification of a sale being cancelled and relisted due to non payment . Lo and behold , the buyer has either totally ignored the mail or never received it and paid after the item is back on auction ! :mad: Sometimes I feel as if buyers are just ignoring my payment instructions but perhaps they are not getting the mail ?

wayjen    10
wayjen
I have often wondered whether buyers are getting the emails I send through the Bidorbuy system . So often I send tracking numbers only to have the buyer request it a day or 2 later. I have also in the past 2 days sent notification of a sale being cancelled and relisted due to non payment . Lo and behold , the buyer has either totally ignored the mail or never received it and paid after the item is back on auction ! :mad: Sometimes I feel as if buyers are just ignoring my payment instructions but perhaps they are not getting the mail ?

We also have issues with Buyers short paying even after receiving the Bob messaging emails and we also wonder if they read the emails or even get them via the site.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

yesterday i recieved a bunch of emails from BoB , my IT friend says if only one email is rejected all can be stopped by server ,and not sent off ,

he says there is no known explanation for this , so maybe not BoB at fault but a server problem somewhere.