Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

"Bullet holes" on stamps

Recommended Posts


"Bullet holes" or the white ring you see next to the "1" in the value tablet.

Does someone know how these are formed?

The global consensus is that they are formed by ink bubbles bursting,but when they appear on the same areas and at the same size it doesn't seem such a very plausible explanation to me.(The also occur on stamps of different countries)


Does someone have another explanation?


Edited by JohnBenn

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...