Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Minor.but irritating!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I would like to bring to attention this minor but irritating flaw'

When setting the listing duration the automatic dates appear in the tabs "for instance today 5 oct and ends 26 oct-these are shown automatically when listing as normal-but when you accept that date as given it says listing duration is exceeded and you have to go back and change it to 25 oct for the listing to be accepted.

Also when using the calendar the highlighted days should be the days you can use as aclosing date for your auctions-but when you use the last highlighted date as shown on calendar then it also exceeds the listing duration.

It is just a matter of changing this to one day earlier so we can save a bit of time.

AM i being silly or will it not be easier for us?

neil

lilythepink

Is it not perhaps that you have changed your listing from a buy now to an auction? This might just cause the hiccup you mention (advice admittedly from someone who understands very little about how these things work!)

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Is it not perhaps that you have changed your listing from a buy now to an auction? This might just cause the hiccup you mention (advice admittedly from someone who understands very little about how these things work!)

Lily,no it is a new listing for auction.

You can start a new listing now and when you come to listing duration the two boxes currently have the dates in them as automatically set 5 oct and the 2nd box has 26 oct which is 21 days.

But when you activate this and complete your listing then it gives error message that you are exceeding the listing duration.

You then have to go back and change the 2nd box to the 25 oct for the listing to be accepted.So in reality you can only list for 20 days!!

I am surprised many users have not requested this before to be changed as it does waste some time.

I normally do promotional listings and have to manually set the dates anyway,but i am now listing more items on normal listings where i want to list for a duration of 21 days and noticed this and could easily be changed by BOB.

neil

Seeds and All

Hi Neil,

I suspect that if you slide the closing time slot an hour earlier, before confirming the listing, you will no longer have this issue.

Jonathan

wayjen

The defaults of the listings have changed in such a way that you now need to be extra careful when listing. In the beginning it used to be a week between listings and I could not understand why if someone bid on an article today it would close at month end till I saw the time span of the auctions.

I noticed this a few months ago when we had a revamp because all the default settings had changed.

it is an irritation but BoB must have its reason for doing it.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hi Neil,

I suspect that if you slide the closing time slot an hour earlier, before confirming the listing, you will no longer have this issue.

Jonathan

Thanks,i think you are right,but i normally make the time later as i list during day and prefer my items to close in evening which then obviously makes the duration exceed 21 days-i will just have to keep changing the date ,i suppose.

Regards

NEIL

xdeanh
Thanks,i think you are right,but i normally make the time later as i list during day and prefer my items to close in evening which then obviously makes the duration exceed 21 days-i will just have to keep changing the date ,i suppose.

Regards

NEIL

How the listing duration is calculated is almost how you describe it.

What we do is take 21 days from your open date and time (down to the minute) and use this date and time as the maximum closing time. So for instance using your example, if you have an open time of 5 October at 8:30 am, the maximum close time will be 26 October 8:30 am.

To achieve what you're looking for you'd have to change the date in order to get passed this restriction.

Hope this makes it a bit nice and clear to everyone.