Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Indefinite SAPO delays

voldermort
Where is she, anyway!

To answer the where is she part - having a bloody horrible week :sad2:

Just came onto this thread now to see what is going on with the strike (and see all this nonsense here, do none of you work:weeabooface:) as I have had a query on an item I posted 21 September to Pretoria & from what I can see on the pc it is still at Cape Mail.......I should have taken a leisurely stroll up north, would have arrived already.

Any idea when postage shall return to normal?

meeks
To answer the where is she part - having a bloody horrible week :sad2:

Just came onto this thread now to see what is going on with the strike (and see all this nonsense here, do none of you work:weeabooface:) as I have had a query on an item I posted 21 September to Pretoria & from what I can see on the pc it is still at Cape Mail.......I should have taken a leisurely stroll up north, would have arrived already.

Any idea when postage shall return to normal?

The latest news is "No end in sight as negotiations collapse " I have some items on order for a client (Bridal) needed for tomorrow, and the parcel is still sitting in Gauteng - We are in KZN..... Charming!!!!! and so we must all just tag along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Typical S.A

Edited by meeks

voldermort
The latest news is "No end in sight as negotiations collapse " I have some items on order for a client (Bridal) needed for tomorrow, and the parcel is still sitting in Gauteng - We are in KZN..... Charming!!!!! and so we must all just tag along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Typical S.A

Thanks Meeks, and as my buyer said to me "unfortunately this is the best it is going to be" :sad:

Cali Craft and Gems

The delays for the bridal items reminds me of the saga / drama I had recently... Ordered in several hundred organza bags for the matric farewell - event was 25 August, so I ordered the items in May. Needless to say the items arrived exactly a month after the farewell dinner! Between the one organiser and myself we were going nuts - she was stressing because she needed the bags, and I was stressing because I had to find the identical ones in SA at short notice and at a "good" price!

Still waiting for one parcel from overseas - was sent in June and has not even started heading this direction (South) yet - I'm guessing it's lost somewhere in Gauteng / customs / Witspos! (also "urgent" items - my buyer has since gone to CT to buy it herself as she could not wait any longer!)

lilythepink

svw - have you actually received your parcel with the plants in it? Hip, hip hurrah if you have!

svw
svw - have you actually received your parcel with the plants in it? Hip, hip hurrah if you have!

No - hope it's not a mooshy - smelly - gooey box when it arrives...

lilythepink

Well, I'm waiting to hear what you receive ...! ROFL

wayjen

Is there a way to bulk mail all buyers for the last 2 weeks to tell them about the delays in postage? I heard now that nothing is coming into Cape Town or leaving via the local post office.

JohnBenn

Wayne I went to news24 to see if there is any hope,but got caught in the comments about the titanic and mythbusters:cool:.

You should be able to do a bulk email from your personal email,just hope it doesn't reach the buyers as spam.As that happens with bulk emails.

wayjen
Wayne I went to news24 to see if there is any hope,but got caught in the comments about the titanic and mythbusters:cool:.

You should be able to do a bulk email from your personal email,just hope it doesn't reach the buyers as spam.As that happens with bulk emails.

That's what I thought but you will have each Buyer getting everyone else's email addresses in the email and that might not be a good thing, unless........(goes to check gmail).

qball
That's what I thought but you will have each Buyer getting everyone else's email addresses in the email and that might not be a good thing, unless........(goes to check gmail).

You would need to BCC (blind copy) all the recipients, this way they won't see all the email addresses.

wayjen
You would need to BCC (blind copy) all the recipients, this way they won't see all the email addresses.

Thanks Mr qball, I was thinking that but had to google it first and tested it on the kids and wife but just waiting for a response to see if I did it right.

Reinholt

I have been following thread for a while and would like to know, are all parcels being delayed in PE.

I have posted of numerous parcels since 1/10/2012 and all of them seem to be stuck in the PE hub.

I have also queried this with the local SAPO and get the same answer, parcels are delayed. I am aware of the current strike, is is

really possible for parcels to no go out for more than 2 weeks? If some one is able to assist as I am now at my wits end with

buyers not getting their parcels.

lilythepink

Well the parcel of plant cuttings which I sent to svw on 25th September is still sitting in the PE hub. By the time she gets it, she'll be planting trees!! (I hope the cuttings haven't died meantime!)

Cali Craft and Gems

The parcels I posted on 20 September from Oudtshoorn all show that they have last been scanned in at George depot. If one phones the helpdesk, then they have last been scanned in at CapeMail, but this only shows on their side of the system - not to the public. Buyers are still waiting for their parcels (thus a few very unhappy individuals around).

A parcel sent on 10 October shows that it was last scanned in at Oudtshoorn so the buyer chokes on a hairball as it is an "urgent" parcel. Yet if we phone the helpdesk, I was last told it was scanned in at CapeMail the following day, and the client is told that it was scanned in at Witspos later the same day. The system still shows that it is sitting in ODN!

meeks
The parcels I posted on 20 September from Oudtshoorn all show that they have last been scanned in at George depot. If one phones the helpdesk, then they have last been scanned in at CapeMail, but this only shows on their side of the system - not to the public. Buyers are still waiting for their parcels (thus a few very unhappy individuals around).

A parcel sent on 10 October shows that it was last scanned in at Oudtshoorn so the buyer chokes on a hairball as it is an "urgent" parcel. Yet if we phone the helpdesk, I was last told it was scanned in at CapeMail the following day, and the client is told that it was scanned in at Witspos later the same day. The system still shows that it is sitting in ODN!

Some Bridal stuff I ordered for a client in September, still shows the parcel is at Witspos.... Yet customer services told me it is at the Durban hub, so who knows where our parcels are???? and another parcel of mine (according to customer services) has not even been scanned out from where it was handed in on the 2nd October- also a bridal order, but hopefully this one will arrive in time, as the first order is now useless, as that wedding has taken place already, so will have to put the stuff into stock and hopefully it will sell.

lilythepink

Seems it's not only the truck drivers who have been on strike! Are PO staff now not scanning the parcels properly? Good grief!

svw
Seems it's not only the truck drivers who have been on strike! Are PO staff now not scanning the parcels properly? Good grief!

No doubt faced with a backlog which is beyond production capacity...:colbert:

lilythepink

Off to the PO now to see if they'll accept my parcels! Hold thumbs!

Mad about Jack
Yip, mine been sitting at PE Hub since the 27th of Sept.

I received my package yesterday.....!

Jongleur
No doubt faced with a backlog which is beyond production capacity...:colbert:

I found my missing springboks. Dare I mention that Voldermort`s Golden Pound might appear.

Hope springs eternal.