Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Indefinite SAPO delays

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I don't know if this has been dealt with on the forum : I was at my local SAPO (East London) today to fetch a few items I thought should have arrived. The SAPO lady informed me that they are experiencing indefinite delays due to the drivers' strike. No items are being brought to their local branch any more.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well, a week ago I sent some plant cuttings to svw. They appear to still be sitting in the PE hub. Perhaps they will be sporting roots and she'll be able to plant them by the time she receives them??

babyface2    10
babyface2
Well, a week ago I sent some plant cuttings to svw. They appear to still be sitting in the PE hub. Perhaps they will be sporting roots and she'll be able to plant them by the time she receives them??

you should ask your p.o. to water the parcel lilly, lol

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I would do that but I expect they would just pee on it! lol

svw    10
svw

:grin: ... Great minds think alike - I was at SAPO today hoping that just maybe the parcel had not been scanned between here and PE but nothing yet - who know's maybe Jongleur hijacked them in PE - no doubt feels I shouldn't have a blue hibiscus since I don't support the bulls...

svw    10
svw
I would do that but I expect they would just pee on it! lol

In that case 'lily' it will be a 'return to sender' - :wtf:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I wouldn't want a peed on parcel back, thanks svw! But I don't know if Jongleur hijacked it - JANDS doesn't live far from PE and he may be able to enlighten us further?! :thinking::smile1:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
:grin: ... Great minds think alike - I was at SAPO today hoping that just maybe the parcel had not been scanned between here and PE but nothing yet - who know's maybe Jongleur hijacked them in PE - no doubt feels I shouldn't have a blue hibiscus since I don't support the bulls...

Right you are. The swine Sharks beat my Bulls because of the swine ref on Saturday. How I miss Victor, Bakkies, Fourie

du Preez et cie.

I have a few Morgan Dollars floating around since the 16 th. Bovine Sapo employees dont know a damned thing about anything.

Useless web tracking system. And the PO got robbed ! Closed for about a week due to trauma and kak en hare. Even changed

all the staff.

At least Cosatu can be proud of all the mayhem they cause. Gradually the winter is wearing off so it is almost time to stop the

action until about March next year. Same old, same old.

Hopefully you will still get your plants sometime this year. Do you know how to take care of plant thingies ? Would`nt do if they

survive this ordeal only to vrek from thirst or neglect in your garden.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I wouldn't want a peed on parcel back, thanks svw! But I don't know if Jongleur hijacked it - JANDS doesn't live far from PE and he may be able to enlighten us further?! :thinking::smile1:

If they go missing it will be due to a discerning thief. Our thieves are somewhat more cultured down here. They also have

a preference for silver Morgan Dollars. I hope they dont steal Voldermorts Golden Pound. Mind you, that will be something

to write home about.

Speaking of Voldermort, I was watching Harry Potter with my daughter and one of the characters is also Voldermort. And a rather

wicked sort. Not a fox in Blue Bulls clothing.

svw    10
svw
Right you are. The swine Sharks beat my Bulls because of the swine ref on Saturday. How I miss Victor, Bakkies, Fourie

du Preez et cie.

I have a few Morgan Dollars floating around since the 16 th. Bovine Sapo employees dont know a damned thing about anything.

Useless web tracking system. And the PO got robbed ! Closed for about a week due to trauma and kak en hare. Even changed

all the staff.

At least Cosatu can be proud of all the mayhem they cause. Gradually the winter is wearing off so it is almost time to stop the

action until about March next year. Same old, same old.

Hopefully you will still get your plants sometime this year. Do you know how to take care of plant thingies ? Would`nt do if they

survive this ordeal only to vrek from thirst or neglect in your garden.

Sorry to hear about your Morgan's - the only Morgan I know is the Equine one - beautiful animal - have always wanted one but they are not that common.

Nothing will die in my garden - unless the male members of the household feed it a toxic substance that is only intended for the consumption of a motor vehicle!

svw    10
svw
If they go missing it will be due to a discerning thief. Our thieves are somewhat more cultured down here. They also have

a preference for silver Morgan Dollars. I hope they dont steal Voldermorts Golden Pound. Mind you, that will be something

to write home about.

Speaking of Voldermort, I was watching Harry Potter with my daughter and one of the characters is also Voldermort. And a rather

wicked sort. Not a fox in Blue Bulls clothing.

For their sake I hope they don't have to deal with Voldermort - true to her Harry Potter namesake it will certainly bring out her dark side...

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Sorry to hear about your Morgan's - the only Morgan I know is the Equine one - beautiful animal - have always wanted one but they are not that common.

Nothing will die in my garden - unless the male members of the household feed it a toxic substance that is only intended for the consumption of a motor vehicle!

I also have 3 missing 1 Rand coins with the springbok on them that have trotted off to where springboks trot off to. Maybe they

are looking for Voldermort`s Golden Pound.

Sams going to choke on her Nescafe tomorrow morning when she reads all this skinner.

svw    10
svw
I also have 3 missing 1 Rand coins with the springbok on them that have trotted off to where springboks trot off to. Maybe they

are looking for Voldermort`s Golden Pound.

Sams going to choke on her Nescafe tomorrow morning when she reads all this skinner.

Maybe your little springbok's are neither missing nor looking for Voldermort's Golden Pound - that's just tad boring - but once they have had their fun they may just spring back pregnant...

Does Sam drink Nescafe - thought she would prefer an Italian blend!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Maybe your little springbok's are neither missing nor looking for Voldermort's Golden Pound - that's just tad boring - but once they have had their fun they may just spring back pregnant...

We`ll wait and see.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You forget - Greek godesses (voldermort) only drink precious nectar! Without it, she reverts to horrible voldermort (and occasionally meteorite, too, if rumours are to be believed!) Where is she, anyway!

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Yip, mine been sitting at PE Hub since the 27th of Sept.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This is the type of situation which makes me think we need Labour Brokers in our country!

Now, why on earth SAPO can't hire temporary workers through LBs is anyone's guess. Seems SAPO couldn't care less about providing a proper service to their customers.

Does anyone have an idea what Postnet are doing while the truck drivers are on strike?

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
You forget - Greek godesses (voldermort) only drink precious nectar! Without it, she reverts to horrible voldermort (and occasionally meteorite, too, if rumours are to be believed!) Where is she, anyway!

Launching a thousand ships ?

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I'm a bit worried about this.i have an auction closing soon with a bid(luckily just one).

Should I tell the bidder to not make payment until the strike is over?

Or should I delete the bid?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think that you should leave the bid - it's business after all - but let the bidder know that you will only be posting once the truck strike is over. (Perhaps give the bidder the option of requesting cancellation of the bid if they're not happy with that?)

svw    10
svw
I'm a bit worried about this.i have an auction closing soon with a bid(luckily just one).

Should I tell the bidder to not make payment until the strike is over?

Or should I delete the bid?

I have found that my parcels which I send insured post still seem to be fine - no problems.

I would go ahead and let the auction close leaving transaction to proceed as per normal but when you post the item just send it insured post - even if you have not charged the buyer for this. If you insure the parcel for R100 the insurance will only be R2 - I wouldn't disclose the full amount of the value of the parcel and mark contents as a book or bag - something uninteresting. When you e-mail the buyer the tracking number - inform them that there is a strike on at the moment and as a result of this you have sent their parcel insured post at no extra expense to them and that you will monitor it from your side as well.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Thanks you two for the advice.

I do insure all parcels out of my own pocket to make sure they arrive safely.

I just hope this crap ends soon,cause really they are now striking on a monthly basis.I see that those at Goldfields are asked to vacate their hostels because of the illegal strike,they should start firing some truck drivers as well.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It is high time the government (if we have such a thing as I wonder if they really know what "govern" means) brought in the rule that any strike is illegal until further notice. Our economy is suffering and so is our country's credibility. Labour has far too much power these days, as I see it.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Sometimes it is better to live in the middle of nowhere instead of in a city as it takes so long for anything to work it's way here... In ODN by example most people have never even heard of the Consumer Protection Act, the estate agents and electricians still accept Electrical Compliance Certificates based on only one light and one plug being operational on a property (ie. don't bother with the other "legal" or important stuff that the city electricians check), and many can't believe how many various types of "nice" beads are actually available! (speaking all from experience based on customers' reactions to our beading section in our shop!) I won't even start talking about gemstones and crystals... or should I say "klippies" as they seem to be known by around here! LOL

But re the post office... this branch does things to the letter so nothing gets overlooked! But so far there have not been any delays or strikes relating to our branch - only items coming in from the major centres are delayed - including my envelopes from their distribution centre!

PS. and before I forget - this is also the first place I know of where most restaurants are closed on Sundays and most evenings during the week! No coffee shops, no places for dessert or treats "after hours", and no place that offers draught on tap year round! (and in summer you are offered ice with your beer!!!)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think there's a good reason for the ice with the beer in summer in Oudtshoorn! It's so hot that just sipping the draught could make you pass out from exertion, Cali! lol

The Beak nearly died on summer a couple of years back when we stopped in Oudtshoorn for petrol. The temperature was 48 deg C! I had to douse him with cold water for a while until he revived. It was quite a frightening experience. Now we try not to refuel in Oudsthoorn when travelling to and from Cape Town!