Sign in to follow this  
whiterebbit

sellers who couldn't care less

whiterebbit

As a buyer of coins, I have received previous lots from sellers who couldn't care less it seems. I have been lucky with no losses,until now! I specifically asked a very experienced seller to "please make sure they dont rattle.I had some recently sent loose in a pad bag (((Thanks,I am sure you will send well" This seems to have been taken as what to do,not the reverse. He sent it loose in a jiffy / padded bag,the bag was slit slightly to allow the coins out, and I received an unopened empty bag. It almost seems a deliberate rebuff to me as I had the temerity to give some instructions to this seller. I have lost just short of R1000 and the seller has my money to laugh all the way to the bank,as they say. I can imagine him saying " That'll teach him to tell me how to pack my goods" Well, it has put an end to my buying anything from this seller and anyone else I haven't dealt with out of hundreds.These folk with their massive selling records and no scruples make me sick. Registered /tracking for what? And yes,I do blame the seller as well as the thief. Example P.Henri puts all items in a well wrapped parcel,plus the red PO bag for added security.You don't feel the item through the package.

alloway65

When buying coins I nearly always instruct the sellers how to pack my coins so they don't rattle etc. I have had the same problem on many occasions, loose coins just dumped in a padded envelope and that's it not even an invoice. Hence a few substantial losses.

When we ship any type of orders we take pride in how they are packed, shipped etc and with an invoice...if something is worth doing it is worth doing well...my Motto throughout my various careers!

Cali Craft and Gems

I am most definitely not a coin seller, but to me the easiest or most obvious way of posting "loose" coins is for them to be placed individually (where possible) into ziplock bags, and then to tape the bags to a piece of cardboard, then to wrap it before placing into a bubble envelope. This would surely disguise the true contents!?!? (I use this method for fragile flat items that I sell - especially the agate slices - works well)

cp27

When we ship any type of orders we take pride in how they are packed, shipped etc and with an invoice...if something is worth doing it is worth doing well.

Alloway65, Very well said , It should be the motto of every seller on BoB, I found that even if you made a mistake your buyers appreciated the afford you've put in.