Sign in to follow this  
svw

MWEB ADSL Connectivity problems

svw    10
svw

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with their MWEB ADSL - erratic - ranging from normal, slow to complete downtime for short periods - very frustrating! - started about two weeks ago ?

alloway65    10
alloway65
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with their MWEB ADSL - erratic - ranging from normal, slow to complete downtime for short periods - very frustrating! - started about two weeks ago ?

I have been having the same problem....will talk to MWEB on Monday.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I spoke to MWeb regarding this but they told me it's my modem. So off I went to buy a new one....guess what...it's still the same! They are experiencing problems in certain areas, but Brackenfell was not one of them. So I'm down R699.00 and still having problems. It does however, seem a bit better today which makes me think they cannot handle the load in the week.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Charge them for the new modem, Miss Jewels! :rolleyes:

svw    10
svw
I spoke to MWeb regarding this but they told me it's my modem. So off I went to buy a new one....guess what...it's still the same! They are experiencing problems in certain areas, but Brackenfell was not one of them. So I'm down R699.00 and still having problems. It does however, seem a bit better today which makes me think they cannot handle the load in the week.

'lily' is right Miss Jewels - you should charge them for the modem!

I also heard they are experiencing problems in certain areas but supposedly not Polokwane - how is is that we are all having the same issues. Yesterday was fine virtually back to normal BUT today so far has been total chaos, especially when trying to do listings - you do the whole listing, submit then WHAM... :mad: :mad: :mad:

svw    10
svw

It's doing it all over again - am I the only one have issues with MWeb ? Checked MWebs facebook page and a lot of people seem to be complaining about the same thing. Checked all the hardware as suggested by MWeb everything seems fine - did a line speed check and that was also pretty good BUT THEN I will be online everything going great guns then, all of a sudden wham "google cannot connect" etc - this is driving me nuts!

Connection to net is via router to switch - this evening I have bypassed the switch and just connected myself directly to the router to see if maybe / hopefully the switch may be faulty - it is a lot better but I am still getting the odd message "google cannot connect" although not as bad. Any ideas or is it just MWeb befuddling from their side ?

alloway65    10
alloway65

I have been having the same problem!

svw    10
svw
I have been having the same problem!

Thanks 'alloway65' good to know that i am not the only one tearing their hair out - at this rate I will be bald if it carries on much longer. Jokes aside though if things don't come right soon it will be time to change - telkom has finished testing their 40 mbps and 20mbps adsl lines and for the same price as what I am paying MWeb for a 4mbps line. They launch now in March - apparently the speeds are excellent!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

It isn't just MWeb - most of the broadband / LAN links have been bouncing around wildly - the fault lies with Telkom as far as I know

alloway65    10
alloway65

So I assume the BoB server is now up to speed again and MWEB/Telkom is the problem. Took me 15 minutes to log in this morning!:hm:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I have Telkom internet at the shop and Mweb at the house - the shop works fine (with intermittent connection issues due to being wireless), but the house connection drives me to distraction! I have however found that over the past few years, around month end Mweb goes haywire with issues!

svw    10
svw

MWeb has been chronic today - I have been stressing like hell, have had urgent e-mails to send to attorneys - just as I was getting ready to jump in my car and drive across town to deliver them in person - lo and behold I am up and running! It's ridiculous - you just have to look at their facebook page to see all the unhappy people http://www.facebook.com/MWEB