Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Any Super Sleuths Out There?

wayjen    10
wayjen

We have a Buyer who has been promising payment for a few weeks now and has used excuse after excuse. The Buyer said he would pay in this week so we gave him till 6pm tonight and and at about 18:08 we filed the SNC and were immediately contacted by the Buyer.

Now this is where you forumites come in.

According to the Buyer as to why he did not pay "...01h00 they bombed the fnb atm in nottingham road I had to rush there one person was shot in the stomach..." he was with the injured person all day and will pay tomorrow morning, do any of you know if this is true as a google search shows no information and with our crime stats, I will only hear about this next year if it in fact did happen.

Nottingham Road in Mandeni would be the place I assume from the address.

Edited by wayjen

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Whether it's true or not, this excuse for late payment deserves a trophy! Never heard this one before!

wayjen    10
wayjen

he has now left a voice message too saying he will pay today and about all the drama of yesterday. I will entertain him once he has deposited the money and if not the SNC remains where it is and should he then phone me again I will politely inform him that his excuse is a new one as I have heard plenty different excuses since joining in 2009.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Personally I dont get involved in peoples little stories and excuses - its energy sapping and just not worth the effort. I give buyers more than enough time to pay. I will accomodate almost any buyer who contacts me to say they have a problem but I wont let it drag on and on after they have promised to pay. If I was you I wouldnt waste any more energy trying to verify whether his story was true or not and let the snc run its course.

meeks    10
meeks
We have a Buyer who has been promising payment for a few weeks now and has used excuse after excuse. The Buyer said he would pay in this week so we gave him till 6pm tonight and and at about 18:08 we filed the SNC and were immediately contacted by the Buyer.

Now this is where you forumites come in.

According to the Buyer as to why he did not pay "...01h00 they bombed the fnb atm in nottingham road I had to rush there one person was shot in the stomach..." he was with the injured person all day and will pay tomorrow morning, do any of you know if this is true as a google search shows no information and with our crime stats, I will only hear about this next year if it in fact did happen.

Nottingham Road in Mandeni would be the place I assume from the address.

Hi Wayne. Mandini (Mandeni) is approx 80kms from where we are, and to the best of my knowledge, there is no road there named "Nottingham Road", and if someone attempted (or did) blow up an ATM (or anything) there, all +/- 4000 residents (includes children) will come out to see what is going on. However, I am not insinuating that you were indeed spun a story, it just seems so unlikely to have been in Mandini..... But, if it DID happen, it will definitely be in Monday's "Zululand Observer" newspaper

wayjen    10
wayjen

Thanks meeks.

Saturday has come and gone as I have yet to hear about any money being deposited. The SNC still stands and I might just give this Buyer a call early next week for more information on his ordeal if there ever was one.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Personally I dont get involved in peoples little stories and excuses - its energy sapping and just not worth the effort. I give buyers more than enough time to pay. I will accomodate almost any buyer who contacts me to say they have a problem but I wont let it drag on and on after they have promised to pay. If I was you I wouldnt waste any more energy trying to verify whether his story was true or not and let the snc run its course.

What Seeds said.

There is a 'whale of a difference' between an excuse and a reason. Excuses are lies tied together with pretty bows. Reason is the beautifully woven tapestry of one's character.

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen
Hi Wayne - Nottingham Road is in the Natal Midlands near Mooi River and it appears that there was an ATM bombing:

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=88492

Thanks Balls, I was looking for confirmation of the Buyers story to see if there was in fact a situation he was involved in hence him not paying, I will update this story once things happen our side.

meeks    10
meeks
Thanks Balls, I was looking for confirmation of the Buyers story to see if there was in fact a situation he was involved in hence him not paying, I will update this story once things happen our side.

Am I having a "Blonde" moment or what? How did Mandeni feature with Nottingham Road? The two are +/- 160 kms apart.

Maybe I just had too much champagne!!

wayjen    10
wayjen
Am I having a "Blonde" moment or what? How did Mandeni feature with Nottingham Road? The two are +/- 160 kms apart.

Maybe I just had too much champagne!!

His address is Mandeni and the road the ATM bombing was in is Nottingham Road, I do not know the area so wanted to see if these places existed and if something did happen.

Pierre_Henri    10
Pierre_Henri

Being a Bloody Bobbejaan

Any buyer or seller who has a soppy story to tell when asked for payment / shipment is in 99% of instances a bobbejaan.

BTW, pity he was not from Nottinghill; - then he could have sent my best regards to Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts.

Pierre

meeks    10
meeks
His address is Mandeni and the road the ATM bombing was in is Nottingham Road, I do not know the area so wanted to see if these places existed and if something did happen.

That is what I thought (that his address was given as Mandeni) but then I also thought the road was called Nottingham Road, and as I mentioned in my 1st post, I do not recall a road by that name in Mandeni. However, if he gave his address up as Mandeni but working (and living)in Nottingham Road all seems above board, but if not, then looks like you were indeed spun a story, unless there is a logical explanation for him tying Nottingham Road and Mandeni up with his whereabouts on the day in question, as the distance between the 2 places as said is +/- 160kms?

Anyway, I do hope it all has logic, and your client pays for his purchase

wayjen    10
wayjen

yeah guys his stories have been going on for about 2 weeks now I think and according to some of his early ratings he uses stories in his non payment excuses, let's see what happens today.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Update.

Just been called by the Buyer. According to him he been running around and was owed money but will deposit half today and half tomorrow.

I gave my pitch too, in a nice way.

Time will tell.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Payment made in full (two payments).

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Congrats, Wayne. At least you didn't lose the business!

wayjen    10
wayjen

It was touch and go ma'am.