Wild Olive Art

Same " original art " sold repeatedly .

svw
When considering what kids are taught today, if there were only

one single Mona Liza and no reproductions of this very controversial painting

then, would our kids know about this painting? If there was no reproductions

of Picasso or Van Gogh then would they know about these artists. I am afraid

not. And I say this with much concern. As much as these reproductions offend

us, these original artists would be very much ancient history and not known by anyone

that's younger then 30. These paintings are repainted and printed on clothes

on bracelets, in calendars. The list goes on and on and with it more young

people get to know about these famous masters of art

However If it is stated to be a original and it isn't

then its a fake and then a claim of fraud, infringement and few other charges can be laid.

Firstly Personalize I would just like to point out when you refer to works by the Great Masters - there are lots of prints around but nobody has painted a Mona Liza and put their own signature on it trying to pass it off as their own ORIGINAL artwork - that would be a bit like trying to put a Rolls Royce emblem on a Mini.

Admittedly there is a section on Bidorbuy for reproductions and prints etc - agreed - so there should be BUT the point in question here is that we have reproductions being advertised and sold as 'ORIGINALS - SIGNED BY THE ARTIST' if on the other hand the seller was to re-write their description to read 'REPRODUCTION OF ORIGINAL' then immediately any prospective buyer is aware that this is a reproduction and not the original...

Edited by svw

JohnBenn
Firstly Personalize I would just like to point out when you refer to works by the Great Masters - there are lots of prints around but nobody has painted a Mona Liza and put their own signature on it trying to pass it off as their own ORIGINAL artwork - that would be a bit like trying to put a Rolls Royce emblem on a Mini.

Admittedly there is a section on Bidorbuy for reproductions and prints etc - agreed - so there should be BUT the point in question here is that we have reproductions being advertised and sold as 'ORIGINALS - SIGNED BY THE ARTIST' if on the other hand the seller was to re-write their description to read 'REPRODUCTION OF ORIGINAL' then immediately any prospective buyer is aware that this is a reproduction and not the original...

And that they have written permission to reproduce,even famous paintings.

Wild Olive Art

It is also incredibly dishonest to repeatedly list IDENTICAL printed mass reproductions in the reproductions section and STILL sign them as one's own !

Oils - Oil painting 60cm x 90cm (Large painting) was sold for R600.00 on 12 Sep at 21:01 by Tussen die daisies in Witbank (ID:75568135)

Oils - Oil painting 60cm x 90cm (Large painting) for sale in Witbank (ID:77453116)

It is exceedingly arrogant to believe that even an uneducated public are not going to notice the HUGE discrepancy between the quality and execution in the reproduced prints and the paintings that genuinely are her own .

One would expect that if you truly are capable of painting well represented roses , animals and figures , then resorting to very naive badly painted original works would be unlikely ?? :confused:

lilythepink

It's just as well that hellkom would not let me browse for a good part of this morning. I have since bitten my tongue!

Wild Olive Art

Oils - Oil painting 90cm x 60cm for sale in Witbank (ID:77072543)

This image has VERY clear copyright on it .

Partnership Posters by Arkadiusz Warminski at AllPosters.com

AllPosters.com - The World's Largest Poster and Print Store!

We grant you a limited, revocable license to access and make personal use of the website as our customer. However, you are not permitted to:

• reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell or otherwise exploit the website or any product image, product listing, product description, price, page layout, page design, trade dress, trademark, logo or other content ("Website Content") for any commercial purpose, except as expressly provided;
  • use a robot, spider or data mining or extraction tool or process to monitor, extract or copy Website Content (except in the operation or use of internet "search engines," hit counters or similar technology);
  • use any meta tags, search terms, key terms, or the like that contain the website’s name or trademarks used on the website;
  • engage in any activity that interferes with the website or another user’s ability to use the website;
  • modify, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any technology used to provide the website and the services offered on the website; or
  • assist or encourage any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited by these Terms of Use.

lilythepink

The donkeys appear to be taking a back seat. Now it's the poor zebras ... oh dear, oh dear!

Hope BoB security is taking note of Wild Olive's post?!!

lilythepink

I have asked the seller a question and referred her to the forum.

[TABLE=class: display]

[TR=class: odd]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]Oil painting 90cm x 60cm

2379228-2844447219-s.gif

[/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Tussen die daisies (309 rating3.gif)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left_top sorting_1]Question

06 Oct 2012 15:35

Update Question[/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]This looks like a dubious item you are selling. If you go to the forum: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/17606-same-original-art-sold-repeatedly-4.html you will see what I mean. Hope you can help sort things out.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

JohnBenn

And none of the details are present,so it's not just an image from the web - it's already reproduced/forged/pirated.

BoB you can also see the signature of the original Artist.

zebras.jpg.6593692fcd25290fe23fed681caba0cd.jpg

MrAerospace
Interesting. Anyone for a donkey?

Donkeys are now out of fashion it seems. Zebras are in (and so are horses!). :whistling:

Jongleur

Here is the first donkey from my easel to be offered for sale.

IMAGE_006..jpg.4b81b7b76d34c50d0038431d77ff54a3.jpg

Inspiration for this masterpiece came from the wonderful experience I had whilst undergoing root canal surgery.

Only the finest materials were used.

Be the first to own one of these originals. Many more will follow off my high speed printing press.

Terms are hard cash. Postage - sometime this summer Cosatu will deliver to your door.

Dont be rude about provenance. I know it looks a bit like a worshond because it was going to

be a worshond until I saw all those donkeys were fetching better prices.

This donkey is not pregnant, tagged and it has all it`s equipment.

wayjen
Here is the first donkey from my easel to be offered for sale.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4032[/ATTACH]

Inspiration for this masterpiece came from the wonderful experience I had whilst undergoing root canal surgery.

Only the finest materials were used.

Be the first to own one of these originals. Many more will follow off my high speed printing press.

Terms are hard cash. Postage - sometime this summer Cosatu will deliver to your door.

Dont be rude about provenance. I know it looks a bit like a worshond because it was going to

be a worshond until I saw all those donkeys were fetching better prices.

This donkey is not pregnant, tagged and it has all it`s equipment.

On closer inspection my doctor found a lump but anywhoo, the signature looks to be written by a person with the shaking disease.

Miss Jewels

Very interesting that questions are not answered by this seller......

JANDS

1) Buy art as an investment without doing your homework, you are a fool.

2) Buy art to impress others, you are a fool.

3) When society has degenerated to the point we have to appeal to laws, we are all fools.

Kindly press "dislike" by totally ignoring this post.

JohnBenn

Jands but it's true.

Miss Jewels she removed the listing.

lilythepink

UPDATE

Sorry, the seller did answer my question most politely: "Hi thanks Janet, this listing has been deleted thanks."

Edited by lilythepink

svw
This is really VERY annoying . I actually questioned the seller and she maintains that she painted them herself. I cannot believe people can be so unscrupulous and greedy .

Here is yet another one . An IDENTICAL replica !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3998[/ATTACH]

Oils - Oil painting 40cm x 80cm for sale in Witbank (ID:75554302)

For sale here in China - wholesale oil painting art, canvas art painting, modern painting

I really hope BOB does something about this .

It's been bugging me since I saw these 'paintings' of the flowers - knew I had seen them before - dawned on me today when I saw them again being sold on the side of the road by a street vendor :awesome: