Sign in to follow this  
Wild Olive Art

Same " original art " sold repeatedly .

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

This seller seems to sell the same so called " original " art works repeatedly .

For sale today

Oils - Oil painting 40cm x 80cm for sale in Witbank (ID:77040364)

Sold 5th Sept

Oils - Oil painting 40cm x 80cm was sold for R300.00 on 5 Sep at 21:01 by Tussen die daisies in Witbank (ID:74819346)

Sold 29 August

Oils - Oil painting 40cm x 80cm was sold for R350.00 on 29 Aug at 23:46 by Tussen die daisies in Witbank (ID:74272356)

Identical painting sold on ebay ! Made in China !!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/handmade-oil-painting-on-canvas-modern-abstract-wall-art-deco-A104-/221127779807?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item337c3e25df

Bought off eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/classical-flower-oil-painting-modern-art-canvas-painting-F110-/320988796873?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item4abc6c57c9

Signed and claimed as own work .

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/74918109/Oil_painting_60cm_x_50cm.html

For sale today

Oils - Courting - Peacocks Oil painting 50cm x 60cm for sale in Witbank (ID:77040603)

Sold 21 Sept

Oils - Courting - Peacocks Oil painting 50cm x 60cm was sold for R401.00 on 21 Sep at 14:01 by Tussen die daisies in Witbank (ID:76529181)

For sale today

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/75942962/Set_of_two_Oil_paintings_70cm_x_40cm.html

Previously sold

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/74213270/Oil_painting_40cm_x_70cm_Title_Lady_in_red.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/74214446/Oil_painting_40cm_x_70cm_Title_Lady_in_red_no_2.html

It is interesting that according to the ratings of both seller and buyer , these previous transactions were successful - So why are the items relisted ?? Shill bidding or these are not original works but mass produced giclee prints similar to those sold on ebay ??

Edited by Wild Olive Art
added detail

wayjen    10
wayjen

Well look at that.

All those nudes look identical.

All the Bar scene/Lady in Red look identical

The eBay picture of the vase has some differences but still look almost identical.

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

I did report it but like most of these issues it's hard to prove beyond any doubt , especially when the seller claims to have painted the work herself copied from the original . But I challenge ANY amateur artist to copy a painting of complexity identically - even the brush strokes are the same - you can clearly see when you zoom in on the photos . auction.jpg.440484d5b9fc3232190d6521267fe225.jpg

There are a small bumps of texture in the paintings which would not have been naturally duplicated in copying a work . These paintings are identical and I do not believe the one is a painted copy of the other.

nude.jpg.7d028ae05ea0d748db6802869820c3d6.jpg

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I can see what you're getting at! Very strange indeed.

wayjen    10
wayjen
I did report it but like most of these issues it's hard to prove beyond any doubt , especially when the seller claims to have painted the work herself copied from the original . But I challenge ANY amateur artist to copy a painting of complexity identically - even the brush strokes are the same - you can clearly see when you zoom in on the photos . [ATTACH=CONFIG]3990[/ATTACH]

There are a small bumps of texture in the paintings which would not have been naturally duplicated in copying a work . These paintings are identical and I do not believe the one is a painted copy of the other.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3991[/ATTACH]

The BoB picture does not have the white paint on the right hand side of the vase which is in the eBay picture, that is the first difference I picked up straight away and if you open 3 or 4 tabs on your browser each with a picture of the naked lady in, you can flick between them and see they don't even deviate a bit so making them all the same pictures.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
The BoB picture does not have the white paint on the right hand side of the vase which is in the eBay picture, that is the first difference I picked up straight away and if you open 3 or 4 tabs on your browser each with a picture of the naked lady in, you can flick between them and see they don't even deviate a bit so making them all the same pictures.

I agree Wayne. I have been looking at the naked ladies for hours and I can`t see a single difference.:sneaky:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

The "white paint" on the right has been photo-shopped out. Zoom in and you'll see......

As to the naked ladies...can't see any difference either. Surely this is forgery?....

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

Wayjen the white paint in the ebay photo is the original artist signature. It has been taken out in the bob picture ( painted over ? )

wayjen    10
wayjen

Then if you can't nail them for the other pictures then they surely can be nailed for that "white signature" issue.

Funny that this thread is the topic tonight when there are two Mona Lisa paintings now in the world and both seem to be the original.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Just had a look at one of the other paintings sold by this artist and the very same painting was online in 2009 under another name with a signature of another artist and on another forum/site.

I smell some fishy paste here.

Look at these two paintings, both have different names on them.

2379228_120913091050_as_the_sun_sets.JPG.9770b34bfc4fe64c36e4960d637dfddf.JPG

Venice_grand_canal_by_Leonidafremov-001.jpg.1d50a65c4f7775432055ef71f4013edb.jpg

Edited by wayjen

wayjen    10
wayjen

Two of about 5 or 6 paintings I looked at came up at deviantART and the same guy was showcasing them on a forum.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Admin? Waar's jy. Sien jy wat hier aangaan......mooi kyk na die "girls"...It"s twins~:confused:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Interesting. Anyone for a donkey?

wayjen    10
wayjen
Interesting. Anyone for a donkey?

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe there are a few originals and among them a few copies, who knows.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Admin? Waar's jy. Sien jy wat hier aangaan......mooi kyk na die "girls"...It"s twins~:confused:

You better tell him about the other paintings too as Admin might just spend all night looking at those twins.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Was thinking the same thing. Maybe there are a few originals and among them a few copies, who knows.

A few originals and a few thousand copies.

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

These paintings are machine produced made in China. They are mass printed and readily available for wholesale purchase. The technique of production is very clever as the paintings look like oils . They are signed randomly and the same painting will often appear with different signatures.

There is nothing wrong with selling these works as reproductions but when somebody blots out the signatures , resigns them and sells them as her own it is FRAUD ! These are definitely not original artworks and misleading buyers in this way is not only blatantly dishonest , it questions the credibility of all artists selling on the site. It is very unfair to those who are trying to make an honest living from their own authentic art work .

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
These paintings are machine produced made in China. They are mass printed and readily available for wholesale purchase. The technique of production is very clever as the paintings look like oils . They are signed randomly and the same painting will often appear with different signatures.

There is nothing wrong with selling these works as reproductions but when somebody blots out the signatures , resigns them and sells them as her own it is FRAUD ! These are definitely not original artworks and misleading buyers in this way is not only blatantly dishonest , it questions the credibility of all artists selling on the site. It is very unfair to those who are trying to make an honest living from their own authentic art work .

I have brought this up before,they are actually original paintings painted in sweatshops.And these people are treated like slaves.90% of the paintings are stolen images from other Artists on the web,we have been dealing with this on another Art forum for 5 years.

China's Art Factories: Van Gogh From the Sweatshop - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

This is really VERY annoying . I actually questioned the seller and she maintains that she painted them herself. I cannot believe people can be so unscrupulous and greedy .

Here is yet another one . An IDENTICAL replica !!

fflowers3.jpg.1d0b327d2887257e06e4db71be04c560.jpg

Oils - Oil painting 40cm x 80cm for sale in Witbank (ID:75554302)

For sale here in China - wholesale oil painting art, canvas art painting, modern painting

I really hope BOB does something about this .

svw    10
svw
This is really VERY annoying . I actually questioned the seller and she maintains that she painted them herself. I cannot believe people can be so unscrupulous and greedy .

Here is yet another one . An IDENTICAL replica !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3998[/ATTACH]

Oils - Oil painting 40cm x 80cm for sale in Witbank (ID:75554302)

For sale here in China - wholesale oil painting art, canvas art painting, modern painting

I really hope BOB does something about this .

Who is the seller trying to kid - what kind of fantasy land is she living in - how on earth can she even refer to herself as an artist ?

As a part time hobby I paint and sell the occasional painting and never in a million years would I ever even dream of trying to pass off someone else's work as my own!

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

There are hundreds of copies of these paintings and they can be bought wholesale from numerous suppliers .

Here is yet another one being passed off as the artists own work

58f5a740564ce_abscopy3.jpg.ae6af6f1254bf23a711fc30ff4a08be2.jpg

Oils - Stunning 3 Panel abstract Oil painting (Huge size!!!!!!) 1200mm x 900mm for sale in Witbank (ID:75993078)

Wholesale supplier of IDENTICAL works here . Oil Painting Wholesale, Cheap Oil Paintings from China?

MORE .............

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/75640967/Oil_painting_50cm_x_70cm.html

Buy it wholesale here .......http://www.oilpainting109.com/productshow.asp?Product_id=34115816

Edited by Wild Olive Art

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

The sad thing about this is that buyers are none the wiser ! They think they are buying original art and are getting cheap mass produced works that they can purchase for a fraction of the price from wholesale framing places.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

The buyers, the Artists,and BOB/ebay etc. loose out.

1 : The buyers are NOT buying an investment.

2 : Original Artists are forced to sell at low prices,because these "paintings" flood the market at low prices.

3 : BoB loses on the extra commission original paintings should sell for.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Can I please order a naked lady on a donkey ? :whistling: