Sign in to follow this  
PookaStore

SAPO New Point of Sale System

PookaStore    10
PookaStore

Hello everyone, this is officially my first post of hopefully many.

SAPO is currently introducing a new point of sale system here in PE. It took them about 25 minutes to process 5 packages the other day. I took the other 16 packages I had with me and went to another nearby PO which still has the old system. It took them 10 minutes to process these.

I therefore have to look for an alternate cost effective way to sending my packages. Cant be spending hrs at the PO.

Any suggestions..

brands online    10
brands online

Hi,

The system is being implemented throughout the country over the next few months. It requires that everything be captured onto the system, including recipient, address, weight, dimensions, tracking number, etc, etc, etc... Average time to complete one parcel is between 5 and 7 minutes. So yeah, this is going to be one long haul...

retailrush    10
retailrush

This doesn't sound encouraging - the queues are long enough as it is... Why can't they leave things as they are? :-(

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
This doesn't sound encouraging - the queues are long enough as it is... Why can't they leave things as they are? :-(

Unfortunately the system is so outdated it cannot cope -This was a system purchased form NEW ZEALAND 20 years ago when it was too old for them!!!

I have endless problems almost daily when the system is down etc at my PO .

Not always the parcel and postage side but more the online payments and card procedures that are not functioning and causing problems.

I suppose they have to change it sometime to be up to date with todays technology but it would be wishful thinking that it would somehow be easier and less problematic than it currently is.

NEIL

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

In our dorpie they are already slow with the old system, so I can only imagine what's going to happen with the new system. Perhaps I should take a chair and cooler box with me for the summer visits...

I try to do as much as possible with regards to the parcels for our branch - each one is weighed, labelled, tagged, marked, etc according to the final requirements before it even gets to the counter, then I also help them scan the parcels in, attach the price labels, and stamp each one... just to speed things up!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Perhaps we will need to take lunch boxes and flasks of coffee with us when visiting the PO now?

brands online    10
brands online

IMG00431.jpg.51abadb14fc0e7b291d88a48a3eac7dc.jpg

Is it just me or do these notices seem a bit 'p'unny?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

No, Brands. I agree with you. Imagine instituting a "new" system which makes customers' experiences more dreadful than they have ever been in the past. And note that they don't promise it will improve in the future! What's the point of instituting something that doesn't work properly and aggravates customers who have to stand in ever-increasing queues?

PookaStore    10
PookaStore

Agree with you guys, it really is going to make our bad experiences worst. If the point was improvement, im sure that customer satisfaction should have come first and we should have been consulted. This will no doubt drop their revenue and there is no guessing who's going to pay more for the service.