Sign in to follow this  
nixies

Unfair negative ratings

nixies

I am so, so, so, sooooo sick of buyers rating a seller negative/neutral within a day or two after an item was bought. You can do all the explaining you want to, but with no effect. Are some people still living in a fantasy world? We dont have any control over the parcel once its handed over to the PO. And these days they are not too bad?? :sick:

wayjen

The rating system is being abused no matter which way you look at it. There is a difference between not getting your parcel at all and not receiving your parcel because it is on a truck on its way to you.

Not1CentMore

It is enough to make a Seller 'spit tacks' when an auction closes and within a nano second the Buyer rates negative: 'Parcel not received' (or some other 'makes absolutely no sense' reason). Methinks Buyer needs a Smiley_Tools_zps21e0bc84.gif.... 'cause he / she has a few loose screws.

Ruthie

babyface2

Not to mention buyers that rates you bad because they do not read their emails, parcel sits at their po for weeks and they suddenly remember they bought something and the seller has not sent their parcel:disgusted: once they receive the parcel they conveniently forget to change the rating even if you beg them.

nixies

I suppose one can write a book about all the ratings. Some are really hilarious!:bigsmile:

lilythepink

As a seller, I've had a couple of negative ratings which have irked me no end. But I've waited a couple of days and then corresponded by email with the buyer and explained the situation. Both times it has worked out and I've managed to keep my ratings at 100%. Give this a try sometime, sending friendly and caring emails does help.

wayjen

The problem is that some Buyers do not even respond to your emails offering to rectify the issue but if there was a system in place to sort out issues BEFORE ratings are given then it does become a win win situation all round but by jumping straight to the red negative button does not solve an issue as the rating is now in the public domain and everyone sees it and shops according to what they see.

Cali Craft and Gems

Wow - talk about unreasonable!

As most of you know, my father-in-law passed away on 24 December so we had to travel through to PE for funeral arrangements, etc. I put a message on the bob system (under shipping) stating clearly that our offices were closed from 25 December to 2 January, and that the next shipping date would be 3 January.

The buyer ordered an item on 27 December and I sent it at 8am on 3 January as promised.

She rated me negative now stating: "This took much to long!"

If this is not a slap in the face, then I do not know... I feel sick to the stomach just at the audacity of her opinion! She did not even bother to contact me at any stage either to say that she was unhappy, etc.

PS. Parcel sent from Oudtshoorn on 3 January, arrived at her branch 7 January, collected 18 January! Now who "took too long"?

PPS. Thanks BoB - made that nasty red face disappear! :)

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Little Miss Muffet

A six week old newbie has done what I call being "Trigger happy"

I shot him back.Hope is dead satisfied.

I am going to file an SNC and send him an email for his account number so that I can refund his R29 without cash deposit fee seeing he did not pay any deposit fee

And how does his email read "Kakhuis2 @. Laat hy maar gaan.......

This was ordered on Wed last week. His payment reflected in my account on Saturday.

I rushed out on an appointment this morning,rushed back to post 2 late parcels,rushed out again on another 2 appointments. I did not even have a chance to look at my account today

I sometimes wonder where buyers think we get the goods we sell.

He even won this for a measly R1 :shock:

Edited by geewhizz

Cali Craft and Gems

I lost it (privately) yesterday morning when I received a neutral for a gem sold recently - rating received states:

"Stone has a major flaw not mentioned."

Listing in question: Sapphires - ROYAL COLLECTION! 6.10 cts BLUE SAPPHIRE oval facet (R43400) was sold for R235.00 on 26 May at 23:31 by Cali Craft and Gems in Oudtshoorn (ID:100887738)

Firstly, image clearly shows the "flaw" (or inclusion) in the upper right hand corner.

Secondly, clarity is stated to be VS - SI (in other words - inclusion visible with the naked eye).

Thirdly, "NOTE" in listing states that the image has been lightened to show the inclusion.

(lastly - buyer did not bother to contact me in any way possible to highlight her dissatisfaction)

So please... where did I hide the fact that this was not a 100% clear see-through (non-flawed) item?

(PS. Several strong cups of coffee over the past two days has not alleviated my frustration!)