Sign in to follow this  
miraclebabycaw

How long before a parcel is officially missing?

miraclebabycaw    10
miraclebabycaw

Just wondering. I have a parcel that I was waiting for of course for a birthday present. Checked it last week Friday...track and trace had it sitting at Witspos. Didn't think to make copy of the track and trace. Checked again Tuesday afternoon, and all of a sudden it's still scanned at Witspos but now it has last scanned at Witspos as that afternoon - 18th. Of course still sitting as at witspos. Enquiries just say "it's at witspos" and no matter how much I tell them it has been at Witspos for over a week, they argue it was only scanned on Tuesday there. 7 days to get from dbn to witspos...... Hope it hasn't gone down that black hole. I did insure the parcel but the seller will probably want to wait till money is claimed back from SAPO which could take forever. Just wondering when to start talking to the seller about it not arriving? Of course I had to go get another gift as well UGH

kebs    10
kebs

Witspos strikes again! :oh:

svw    10
svw
Witspos strikes again! :oh:

I would love to pack a hive of bees or similar inside a parcel then make it look so inviting that the Witspos sticky fingers can't resist it...not that I would but sometimes it's nice to dream!

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

in the week i went past the Witspos hub and the workers were striking, i spoke to my post office and they said that no such thing is happening. however in the past week i have had numerous queries with regards to delivery and when you pull a track and trace you either get a technical error or it will show item scanned at Witspos:suspicious:. When you call the customer service they say the parcel is in transit and in some cases it shows Witspos as last scanned but some customers have already received their parcels.

So i think there must be a strike looming again and SAPO keeping it under wraps like the last time where no one even knew there was a strike happening!!!!

with regards to your question SAPO says that you have to allow 30 days before filing a claim for lost parcel, well that's from my experience with lost parcels

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It's high time they changed Witspos name to Swartpos!!

admin    0
admin
It's high time they changed Witspos name to Swartpos!!

NOpos...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well done, Andries!

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

thanks Andries:smile:

mbrose    10
mbrose

Post Office work stoppage blamed on “misinformation” and “scams”

[Post Office work stoppage blamed on “misinformation” and “scams” Monday, 25 February 2013 07:32 ) The Star reports that the SA Post Office (Sapo) has blamed a Gauteng strike on “misinformation by some staff whose intention is to extort money from unsuspecting employees.” In a statement placed in several Sunday newspapers, it said: “The illegal; strike under way in parts of Gauteng is based on false allegations, scams and rumours of money owed to staff. No case has been lodged for amounts due to the employees and no monies are owed.” The strike entered its second week last week as workers stationed at the Witspos and Tshwane mail hubs failed to deliver parcels and letters to the various post office branches. Sapo said on Friday that some backlogs of mail delivery have been resolved and that “mail has started to move in the affected areas, proving that there is progress and plans are bearing fruit.” However, there were a number of reports that post was still not being delivered. Sapo has requested workers to return to work immediately. The Communication Workers’ Union (CWU) was not available for comment.

Based on reports today in The Star (p4) and Business Report (p17)

alloway65    10
alloway65

DIYpos!!!

alloway65    10
alloway65

POS......POSTMEN ON STRIKE!!!!:sad:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Didn't I say Witspos is holding the PO to ransom?

CRIMINALS the lot of them!