Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

SNC Options

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Can bob not add an option to the snc when it is filed, if no payment has been forthcoming that "item is no longer available".

I believe this would save bob and sellers time and money and avoid issues witrh refunds being made when a buyer pays after the snc and that item may no longer be abvailable.

Some feedback from bob would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Agree.

When I file a SNC, I always note (copy/paste sent via BoB's message system updated to Buyer): "Item no longer available; re-listed / sold. Payment will NOT be accepted. Any payment made WILL be reverted." Been surprised, more than once, that Buyer will remit payment AFTER SNC is complete and less-than-positive feedback is left. Payment is immediately reverted.

Ruthie

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

But it would be easier if there was a note which automatically got sent to the buyer when an SNC is filed!

Cuan and Mac, where are you?

kebs    10
kebs
Agree.

When I file a SNC, I always note (copy/paste sent via BoB's message system updated to Buyer): "Item no longer available; re-listed / sold. Payment will NOT be accepted. Any payment made WILL be reverted." Been surprised, more than once, that Buyer will remit payment AFTER SNC is complete and less-than-positive feedback is left. Payment is immediately reverted.

Ruthie

I always include in the SNC that the item is no longer available as it has been re-listed & sold - some buyers still insist on paying anyway.. :oh:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I do the same, kebs!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Some feedback from bob would be appreciated!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

They must all be in the cat litter box! Shame that they don't follow up on the feedback more promptly.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

551982_364693290276297_945972479_n.jpg.4009db3240fffce7e397d9b6aba4e1c6.jpg

A shared litter box!

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

This is a good idea.

Although we put in the comments Item no longer available, the buyers still pay (with no apology of course)

qball    10
qball

I think Kebs has hit it on the head, it is likely that it won't really make any difference. Many people simply do not read or disregard these messages and proceed to pay any way. Not only that, what about sellers who do want to accept the payments and do have the stock?

Unfortunately we can't spend all our time on the forum... :bigsmile:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
what about sellers who do want to accept the payments and do have the stock?

Thats why I suggested adding another option. One would only use the option if you didnt have the stock.

qball    10
qball

I think we will be adding further complication to an already complex process. It is highly;y unlikely that we can cover all scenarios or situations, adding more reasons and processes will cause further delays and investigative time.

You have the option to include this in the SNC notes... :smile1:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Okay, Cuan. I don't agree with you (again, you poor soul) but I accept your comments.

Enjoy a lovely, relaxing week-end and get ready for all our moans on Monday! :blink1:

kebs    10
kebs

Quick question on what the buyer sees on the SNC - do they automatically see the seller's notes in the email they receive, or do they have to click on the SNC (like the buyers do to see an appeal)?