Sign in to follow this  
YSLMAGIC

some advice please

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

If a seller uses the postal address that the buyer supplies to BOB to send off his item, and then a month later the item is returned due to unknown address, and then when checking with the buyer as to the address they supplied and they give a different address

who is liable for the cost to resend the parcel:hm:?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I would have to believe the buyer is responsible for the cost to repost. You posted to the address given so it is the buyers responsibility to pay if they gave you the wrong address.

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

that's what i figured but i have one very difficult customer who says she refuses to pay for the postage again even though its her responsibility to update BOB if there has been a change of address.

normally other buyers will send me an email to inform me if the address has changed but i had no contact from her until i informed her that her parcel has been returned due to "unknown address" from SAPO...............

JANDS    10
JANDS
I would have to believe the buyer is responsible for the cost to repost. You posted to the address given so it is the buyers responsibility to pay if they gave you the wrong address.

I would agree with this. It is only fair.

kebs    10
kebs

You posted to the address she supplied at the time, so it's her responsibility to pay for return postage.. Point out that she's lucky your post office doesn't do what some do - charge the postage again to reclaim the parcel... Then she would have double the fees to pay...

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

but i did get charged for the return:worried: do you not get charged on unclaimed parcels?

svw    10
svw
but i did get charged for the return:worried: do you not get charged on unclaimed parcels?

I also don't get charged for unclaimed parcels - seems like some SAPO employees have found a way to supplement their income...

YSLMAGIC    10
YSLMAGIC

thanks guys..going to definitely follow up

moodTime    10
moodTime

The charge for collecting returned parcels is at the descretion of the post office, my post dont charge me but they did point out that they should be.

I have about 6 parcels which were unclaimed at the post office, I just scan the parcels so I have proof they were sent and then returned to me uncollected, I then put them in storage until the buyer contacts me and requests a refund or pays for the re send.

Edited by moodTime

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

We do not get charged either.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I, too, have never been charged by the PO for a returned parcel! We don't get charged for returned letters so why should we be charged for parcels?

kebs    10
kebs

It depends who's on duty at the time, & seeing as they are actually supposed to, I don't bother arguing if they do... I would then charge the buyer double to send back, or offer a refund less applicable bank fees..

wayjen    10
wayjen

The post office sometimes charge you for collecting returned parcels and sometimes not but if the Buyer failed to update their address prior to you sending them the parcel they they are responsible not you.