Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Watch list and viewing ...

lilythepink

Hello Team.

When I go to my sales page and look at how many views my items have received, I see that they all record only 1 view yet one item has 2 people watching it. This is strange to me! Does this mean someone is "watching" my item without having read the listing?

Perhaps this is where there is a bit of a hiccup - people don't read the listings before they bid and that is why some sellers are having problems with buyers - especially newcomers?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to do away with the ability to "watch" an item unless one has actually gone to the listing? This might encourage people to read listings and shipping info more carefully?

alloway65

When I go to my sales page and look at how many views my items have received, I see that they all record only 1 view yet one item has 2 people watching it. This is strange to me! Does this mean someone is "watching" my item without having read the listing?

I have noted the same scenario with my listings...........maybe they are watching secretly!!!!!!

lilythepink

Perhaps the Secret Service have reinvented themselves in SA? I wouldn't be surprised what with all the goings on at the moment!

svw

I have also had the same thing - nil viewings but item is "being watched" :rolleyes: ...

amcintyre

I also have a few of these. Could it be that the buyer didn't open to read the listing and just selected + watchlist button straight off the Crazy Wednesday main listings page?

voldermort
I have also had the same thing - nil viewings but item is "being watched" :rolleyes: ...

I brought this up some time ago already (why would anybody want to "track" an item without even once looking at it) & have since decided that these are mostly other sellers merely wanting to see if you sell said item & for what price, because it oftentimes happens to me that I will have an item bn tracked with no views - and hey presto.....a day or 2 later the same item will appear by another seller - just slightly cheaper and at the same time item as new ad appearing my ad will then have bn viewed a few times....possibly to make sure they are wording the ad correctly :notrust:

JohnBenn

Simple...I've looked at an item before,placed in on my watch list,then some other matter became more important so I forgot to place my bid.So then I went back to the sellers page(because the item did not sell),and placed it back on my watch list so that I could add my late bid before it closes the second time round.:cool:

lilythepink

Will be interesting to see if the bidding is as good as the "watching"!! Will they be newbies or ...?

I enjoy Crazy Wednesdays.