Sign in to follow this  
Bargain Coins

Snc aftersales?

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins

I don't know what to call the topic, but let me explain.

the buyer wins the auction, receive both messages from me the seller and from BOB that the buyer won and to conclude order and payment. In my case i ask of buyers to complete in 48hours but normally i don't worry as most do so by the 5th day. By day 5 i send message that order and payment have not been completed, by day 7 i send message that SNC will be filed and items re-listed and sale to be cancelled. after all the above nothing is heard of the buyer and i file SNC with clearly stating that the sale is cancelled due to non payment, item is re-listed and buyer must not bid on my items in future. 7 days later SNC is successful "no response from buyer" and BOB return success fee. All good and well, as items was sold to a new buyer.

Now the buyer pays via BOB EFT and ask of me to retract the completed SNC and fix the rating NOGAL!

I now have to ask BOB to refund the buyer as i wont waste bank fees on the buyer. I recommend that BOB "refer to drawer" those BOB EFT references given to orders of SNC filed buyers.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

As far as I know, BoB will not do the actual refund to the buyer - that is the seller's responsibility. I do think, though, that you should be able to deduct your bank charges for doing so.

However, as it is a new buyer, perhaps you could just send the item if you still have it, retract any negative rating and just make it encouraging for your buyer to continue buying on BoB?

kebs    10
kebs

Hi there.. When I file an SNC, I also send an email to the buyer to say that the item is no longer available to them & if they make payment, I will do a refund, less applicable fees.. If you no longer have it, I would do as Lily suggests.. Otherwise, ask the buyer for their banking info & explain that their refund will be less your bank fees.. & Maybe change the rating to a neutral to indicate that payment was eventually made..

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I've had the instance (more than once) that the buyer gives every excuse under the sun promising that they are going to pay "at the end of the month" or "by xyz date" and no payment is received. After one friendly reminder after this time has passed, and one final reminder, the rating is given and SNC is filed. Then a few months down the line, they will either pay (and the item is obviously no longer available), or they beg to pay then get stroppy when I say that it is too late! I've even had one approach me more than a year after the transaction closed!