Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Who broke BoB during the Weekend Specials?

Cali Craft and Gems

Is it just my luck or what?

For the last don't know how many minutes BoB has been "down for maintenance" and unavailable. (500 error - if the page even opens at all!)

Do you have any idea how badly this affects sales? I know I'm not the only seller who is rather upset by this now! There are many buyers who watch the items so that they can place their bids in the last minutes now they can't even access the auctions at all!

I'm not a happy chappy!

Not1CentMore

It's doing crazy things this side too: 'Error' or 'Page Can't Be Displayed' or 'Temporarily Unavailable' or... Can't open thumbnail....sit 'n spin.

Update: nearing 2300hrs (my time)....none of my auctions that were scheduled to open 00:00hrs the 17th are showing in BoB's Search. In Search, I type in Game Caller (example) and they show up in drop down box, BUT when I click on the listing for (example): Firestorm Digital Game Caller / Pre-Loaded, I get "No results found for firestorm digital game caller / pre-loaded". Same for ALL scheduled to open Mon, 17 Sep 12 00:00hrs...but they DO show up as being open in my open listings. Tried it another way. Went to Sports & Leisure / Hunting / Accessories / International...nope.

If I type Firestorm Digital Game Caller / Pre-loaded in Windows (Bing) search, it pops right up: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/75958275/FREE_SHIPPING_Firestorm_Digital_Game_Caller_Pre_Loaded.html

Everything prior to opening this AM show up in BoB's Search.

Is BoB brok-ed again? (Wayne....what did you do this time???:smile: Or...is it something I am doing / not doing this side?)

Thanks.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink

Wayne was eating too much cake and fell asleep so he wasn't able to answer you yet, Ruthie.

alloway65

Not Wayne.......I blame it on the aggressive Numismatists!!!!:angel:

wayjen

don't joke people, my pc froze this morning and I had to use the on/off button to switch it off and then on again and now it is totally messed. I cannot open google chrome my programs are not working and I have to use Internet Explorer to get online.

Even if I wanted to take pictures and list today I can't because Picassa is affected too.

lilythepink

Oh dear, Wayne. Hope the problem will prove to be a minor one and you will soon be up and running properly.

Not1CentMore
Even if I wanted to take pictures and list today I can't because Picassa is affected too.

Just create the listing and add the pics this way.... MSN-Emoticon-painting-177.gif.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen

Ok I managed to fix half of my pc.

JohnBenn

Wayne did you try "System restore" yet?

wayjen
Wayne did you try "System restore" yet?

John, I did that yesterday and it was a no go. The harddrive I have is packing up (second time but they both were second hand) and it did something to the files as nothing would work and we talking google chrome and all applications and even control panel had problems. My computer fundi could not make it last week and we booked for today but yesterday trying something via IM (instant messaging), thew whole pc crashed and all I could do with it was charge the ipod to communicate with. This morning my friend could not make it again so I decided to run a restore point again (yesterday there were no restore points on the computer) and low and behold it took the second time I ran it and I was back using adsl but only on IE. We decided via IM that a fresh installation of Win 7 might be a good option and so far it's working and I am loading my apps and updating others.

What a mission but thanks to good friends who know computers, he got me up and running again.

lilythepink

You're getting pretty good with computers, Wayne. Wish I had half your expertise!

wayjen
You're getting pretty good with computers, Wayne. Wish I had half your expertise!

I have a good teacher Lily.

kyle2

Wayne done gone and broked it :awesome:again!..............

wayjen
Wayne done gone and broked it :awesome:again!..............

I'm telling you, I'm bad luck man, BAAAD LUCK!!

voldermort

Just saw on Fox there is a bug on all IE after 2001 excepting for IE10 - apparently some bug that collects all your data.

They are saying anyone using this, should not for now.

voldermort

Not much of interest to be found on this pc..........

kyle2

Wayne, I think its time to upgrade that old 386 PC of yours to anything else!:bigsmile:

Not1CentMore

Shoot-a-bug, ain't there anything 'sacred' nowadays? Most of us, this side, who are 'in the loop' know that Google is in the Government's pocket and they collect 'stuff' AND scan email for....whatever. I am near positive 'someone' high up is taking names of anyone and everyone who is 'racist' (yeppers, there's that word again; used for anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with His Royal High donkeysmall.jpg.e57dc95781babb5cbc83df88837ae0be.jpg or his policies.)

Don't get me wrong. I respect the Office..... but I have no use for the man in the Oval Office.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen
Wayne, I think its time to upgrade that old 386 PC of yours to anything else!:bigsmile:

Oi!!!

Mind your tongue!!!

wayjen

The MAN is out to get us!

Cali Craft and Gems

I tried in vain to access the Weekend Specials last night after 22h00... same as last weekend - no access whatsoever!

The pages froze or would not open at all - I eventually gave up after about an hour of trying to get in. From about 22h15 BoB's main page was not opening either.

Thank heavens I did not have any listings open this weekend, but I was interested in purchasing a few things. Second weekend in a row that buyers and sellers have lost out! Not fair at all!

qball

Unfortunately we had problems with our ISP, beyond our control, normal service was resumed approximately 30 minutes afterwards. We are busy investigating with our ISP.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.