Sign in to follow this  
itekweni

Very disappointed with BidorBuy

itekweni    10
itekweni

I bid on an item which ended today and whilst i was watching the time clock count down to zero and the red alert that saying auction now closed come up I thought I had won the item, I then waited for the confirmation email telling me I had won the item only to receive an email telling that i had been out bid :shock: and to increase my bid but by the time I had logged on again the bidding had ended..

How can a bid be accepted after the auction had been closed as stated when I watched the clock count down...to me this does not sit right as other auction sites when the auction is closed it stays that way :confused:

I have only just started using this site but do not think I will use it again

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Hi Itekweni

Some auctions have "Extends with late bids" on them.That means, that if someone places a late bid the time extends with 2 or 5 minutes.

Next time you bid, use F5 - to refresh the page,so that you can see if there are late bids.

Even those without "Extends with late bids" needs to be constantly refreshed.

Hope that helps.

Edited by JohnBenn

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Itekweni and welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few "lessons" to learn both from a selling and a buying perspective on Bid or Buy, but the procedures are relatively simple to learn and once you've got the hang of them you'll realise that this is one of the best platforms on the internet! Don't give up after just one experience as most sellers are helpful and friendly and you'll find all the advice you need on this forum.

Join the Forum Family and you'll never regret it!

JANDS    10
JANDS

I admire people who continually show patience and kindness. I lack the former and have some of the latter.....Dont knock something till you have all your facts straight.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Don't tell MrA but I think I'm growing fond of you JANDS! :cool:

JANDS    10
JANDS
Don't tell MrA but I think I'm growing fond of you JANDS! :cool:

The feeling is mutual lass. You have a bloody great spirit and my respect.

itekweni    10
itekweni

Thank you all for the sound advise and I will make sure the next time i bid for something i will be refreshing page to make sure no one has snuck in under the radar with a higher bid...