Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Drop Shipping

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Back to a topic of many grey hairs and unhappiness:

What is drop shipping? How does it work? | Doba

"Drop Shipping Defined

Drop shipping is a retail method in which merchandise is shipped to the customer directly from the warehouse or supplier rather than from the retailer. When a product is sold, the retailer passes along the customers' order information to the wholesaler or supplier who then packages and ships the product.This process minimizes risk because the retailer does not need to buy the product until it has sold. Suppliers take care of the warehousing, packaging, and shipping of products, saving you a great deal of money."

If the sellers on BoB are not following this route...it is not drop shipping! The sellers are evading the system and pocketing extra money. Sorry, but this is just not on, and I really believe that BoB must now intervene and start cutting down on the amount of authorized drop shippers who are not following this correct route.

So often we find sellers adverting item is sourced internationally and posted from there, but when the parcel arrives, it has been sent from the sellers postal address.

If an item is in stock, shipping can be whin 5 days. Sellers advertising shipping of 7 - 15 workings days most probably do not have the item in stock - it is therefore only posted to SA after the transaction by the buyer has been completed.

I support drop shipping in the correct context, so am not out to attack any seller, but the site and other sellers are suffering because buyers are classifying all buyers to be "baddies" when a transaction ends badly.

Although I am an authorized drop shipper, all my items advertised are in stock for the specific reason of checking my items before posting.

Other forum members' opinion regarding this will be appreciated, as will "the powers that be"...

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

I cant agree with you more. I keep going back to the sellers who sell hundreds of R1 items (that clearly cost a lot more than that) but have R300 + shipping charges. The fact is that these sellers arent shipping the item direct from overseas to the client but they are shipping it to sa and then on to the client. They are scoring and bob is losing. I dont understand why Bob doesnt intervene as it is so blatant.

We are drop ship authorised, for the specific purpose of special orders that a client wants. The goods are shipped to me from overseas and I send them on to the client. The big difference here is that my standard sa shipping costs apply and I include the costs of getting it to me (duties, import permits and freight) in the selling price quoted to the buyer.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have bought from a couple of sellers who are authorised drop sellers on BoB. All the parcels, barring one, were shipped to me directly from overseas. However, the one arrived in Grahamstown in under 3 days after it was bought and bore the postmark Port Elizabeth - so it was certainly not drop-shipped. Irate as I was about being conned with the postage, even with proof sent to BoB Cuan didn't see it my way and that particular seller is still charging ridiculous shipping costs.

Edited by lilythepink

kebs    10
kebs
I cant agree with you more. I keep going back to the sellers who sell hundreds of R1 items (that clearly cost a lot more than that) but have R300 + shipping charges. The fact is that these sellers arent shipping the item direct from overseas to the client but they are shipping it to sa and then on to the client. They are scoring and bob is losing. I dont understand why Bob doesnt intervene as it is so blatant.

We are drop ship authorised, for the specific purpose of special orders that a client wants. The goods are shipped to me from overseas and I send them on to the client. The big difference here is that my standard sa shipping costs apply and I include the costs of getting it to me (duties, import permits and freight) in the selling price quoted to the buyer.

I do the same - get the product delivered to me, & charge my regular postage costs.. I also then sort out any custom fees so the buyer doesn't get a nasty shock when they collect their item.. As we all know, these fees are worked out according to who is on duty that day & what mood they're in! :hm:

windrider    10
windrider

Anyone know where is the authorised drop shipping list? I have a suspicion that a new seller is dropshipping