Sign in to follow this  
angelique82

Beware of Jewellery_Mall

angelique82    10
angelique82

I bought a Galaxy tab from this seller, paid withing 24 hours of winning the bid and waited in anticipation. Due to ignorance and belief in my fellow man I did not take on insurance for delivery. (Seller said I REFUSED to pay insurance)

When I received the package all seals where in tack. I opened it up only to find that the item was smashed (the entire screen was cracked and 1 side was literally smashed). I emailed the seller to ask what must I do now. Her response was that this is not her problem.

I emailed bid or buy for assistance and suddenly the seller changed her tune saying I could send it back. She REFUSED to send me a physical address or telephone number for the courier company and INSISTED I insure the item. Which I did do and cost me R300

1) Why must I insure a broken item????? Something fishy there....

2) Why is she making it so difficult to return the item?????

Now because I said either she must waiver the insurance so supply me with a physical address for the couriers she has lodged a complaint to bid or buy saying I did not honor the sale. That is a blatant lie and Bid or buy sent me a warning without considering the facts.

So to all potential buyers, beware of this seller and from empty promises for BOB. Everyone pushes for teh money but gives NO customer satisfaction / service. I will be lodging complaints with EVEYONE....

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

According to SA law the seller has to supply all details on request , address , business details contact numbers etc , I hope you marked the return box as damaged goods .and return insurance is at you`re discretion not the sellers , as to damage in transit a lot of company`s will only insure for loss to prevent fraudulant claims for damages. According to CPA rules the seller also remains liable for all new goods untill the buyer has recieved goods in a good condition .

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

When you received the warning from Bid or Buy you should have responded to it with attachments of all relevant correspondence/emails relating to this purchase. If you didn't do that, perhaps you could do so now by sending an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

If we don't respond immediately to query emails from BoB then we open ourselves up to more difficulties.

Sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your purchase but please remember that most sellers are honourable, friendly and will bend over backwards to assist you! Don't paint us all with the same brush.

kebs    10
kebs

One must always take insurance if it's offered by the seller... The SA postal system can be very abusive with parcels (sometimes on purpose I think!), & especially if it's a fragile / expensive / easily damaged item. I know that the seller is liable until a buyer receives their parcel, but the buyer must also take some responsibility.. Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion & I am generalizing. I currently have a buyer who says goods were damaged in transit with a courier, & he did not take the insurance option. I have sent him another one, at my own cost & asked him to send the "damaged" one back when he can.. The item was not as expensive as Galaxy tab though, so I can take this loss. I will point out to the buyer though, if I see it has been damaged, that perhaps next time, he should consider the insurance option..

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

[TABLE=class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100%, align: left]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Shipping method

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Shipping details

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]• Courier Major City Centre

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%, bgcolor: transparent]R130.00 for the first item

additional items free

Insurance is charged at an additional 3.00% of the order value

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]• SAPO

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%, bgcolor: transparent]R85.00 for the first item

additional items free

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]• Courier Outlying Areas

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%, bgcolor: transparent]R180.00 for the first item

additional items free

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Above is the shipping charges from the seller in question:

SAPO shipping charges of R85.00 is beyond the allowable fee, as is the 3% insurance and this needs to be addressed by BoB please.

Also, charging R130.00 for courier charges is expensive. Fastway charges CT - Pretoria is currently R65.00 for a 1kg parcel AND goods are fully insured at no extra costs.

I think BoB will have to intervene here where shipping and insurance costs are involved.

Edited by Miss Jewels

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
[TABLE=class: MsoNormalTable, width: 100%, align: left]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Shipping method

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Shipping details

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]• Courier Major City Centre

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%, bgcolor: transparent]R130.00 for the first item

additional items free

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]• SAPO

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%, bgcolor: transparent]R85.00 for the first item

additional items free

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]• Courier Outlying Areas

[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%, bgcolor: transparent]R180.00 for the first item

additional items free

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Above is the shipping charges from the seller in question:

SAPO shipping charges of R85.00 is beyond the allowable fee, as is the 3% insurance and this needs to be addressed by BoB please.

Also, charging R130.00 for courier charges is expensive. Fastway charges CT - Pretoria is currently R65.00 for a 1kg parcel AND goods are fully insured at no extra costs.

I think BoB will have to intervene here where shipping and insurance costs are involved.

I may be wrong but my understanding is that with this seller when they say SAPO in the shipping costs above that it is Speed Services and thats not unreasonable for speed services. They also charge 3% insurance.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I agree Seeds....it may be for speed services then this amount would be justified and then I do apologize. Unfortunately, it was not stipulated hence my assumption.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I agree Seeds....it may be for speed services then this amount would be justified and then I do apologize. Unfortunately, it was not stipulated hence my assumption.

Its not clear, and should be stated as Speed Services I guess.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Do they sell bricks? I need 2000.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Do they sell bricks? I need 2000.

heehee why not build a new house if they do .

Jewellery Mall    10
Jewellery Mall

dear angelique82

Before you slander someone in an open forum please get your facts straight!

1) I offered insurance of 3% - you refused to take it, that is not my fault its stated in the listing, it was your choice not to take it and save some money! When the item left me it was fine - items are checked before sending.

2)When you told me the item was broken I informed you that you never took insurance and to send the item back to me - i would claim - this was before you emailed bid or buy - in fact 5 days before you contacted bid or buy!

3)I asked you to send the item back via the post office for security reasons your emails were not very friendly - you said that they would not insure it? - then in this forum you said it would cost R300 - which is it? Would they not insure it or did you not want to pay?

4) It had to be insured for the return not for breakages but for theft - if the item was stolen who would be liable? - Nothing fishy here

5)I am not making it difficult you are, the item could have just been sent via the post office with no problems - i am not sure why it was such a big problem to send it back via them?

6) I never lodged a complaint? Where is this complaint? Its called a SNC and that is to retrieve the fees i have paid to bid or buy.

7) I am now sending my own courier to collect the item from you - which you omitted and taking the loss of an item damaged in shipping.

ZoneMan    11
ZoneMan

The "problem" is that the CPA requiers the seller to deliver the product to the client in good standing, which means THE SELLER IS UNDER RISK not the buyer, for any transaction where CPA is applicable. This is also the possition held by BoB (I have correspondance from BoB to support).

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I have recently been a victim of local postal thief, I am used to being pillaged by the international post, but the national post (track & trace) has never given me problems before. I posted a package valued at R600 plus, but that's what I insured it for. I think insuring a parcel put a high risk label on it, The low paid, casual workers know the value of a package before they risk their jobs, This package was insured so I will get the money back,eventually, and I have already compensated the buyer, however, I am still out R600 plus of merchandise. I am planning on rewriting my terms to reflect a charge 4%, if there not willing to take the risk, why must I pay for mine, I have the most to lose as a seller.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You are not alone - all of us, sellers, are in the same boat.

I don't think BoB condone the charging of excess insurance when SAPO insurance is only 2%. I think it might be best to check with BoB before upping your insurance rate (unless, of course, you are using a private courier who charges 4%).

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art
I may be wrong but my understanding is that with this seller when they say SAPO in the shipping costs above that it is Speed Services and thats not unreasonable for speed services. They also charge 3% insurance.

Speed services cost for a kg parcel is R66 . So R130 is inflated . Speed services do charge 3% insurance but the SAPO charges 2% , so that should be adjusted .

One cannot by law just up the insurance rate to suit oneself. Whatever the insurance rate is charged by the courier/SAPO is the rate the seller must adhere to .

windrider    10
windrider

I believe R130 is for the courier and R85 is for the Speed Services in this case. I honestly don't know which couriers charge what, so I cannot comment what is an inordinately high markup on shipping, but the minimum I ever had to pay for a courier was about R85.

I've bought from Jewellery Mall before and compared to some of the sellers' shipping charges I've seen, these charges are from being extremely expensive and I don't think are really worth being reported.

My advice as a buyer - if you commit to buying a high value item, no matter from which seller, add the insurance price into the overall price. Better safe then sorry.