Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

BoB Newbies Need To Be Educated Urgently!!

wayjen    10
wayjen

Why do Buyers ignore emails and instructions after they have won an auction?

A newbie wins an auction and we send out an email instructing them what to do AND if they do a cash deposit, they must ADD R16.50. Newbies goes to bank then emails us that the bank never changed him R16.50 for his cash deposit.

Now I can do a few things here, I can send this newbie back to the bank to pay the R16.50 which will cost another R16.50 or file an SNC and refund the Buyer his initial short payment.

I feel the best scenario is the refund because they have shown they do not understand instructions via email too well.

Time wasters on BoB are like scamster on all other trading platforms.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Or another favourite is ignoring your shipping charges. :disgusted:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Ahhh, Wayne... sounds like a refund is best. Buyer probably would get lost going to the Post Office to collect (sarcasm intended).

Then there is the Buyer who doesn't READ BEFORE BIDDING or read the winning email notification with payment options / instructions, doesn't communicate and responds to SNC with 'will pay' and (would ya believe) nadda, zip until SNC is complete and negative feedback is left and....

VIOLA! Buyer suddenly 'finds her fingers' and sends email saying she DID make payment and to change her rating immediately! Hmmm...opened attachment and it 'seems' she sent a payment to BoB. Er, uh, HELLO... I do NOT have a SA bank account / BoBPay. Her payment is 'floating in space'. (BoB contacted to sort out and asked to revert payment.)

That is the 'icing on the cake'... for today. Others, well, the usual: "The dog ate my homework" dogg5.gifand / or 20409_42.gif"I didn't bid on this; someone else did".

Some days I look in the mirror and just KNOW "bald IS beautiful" HairOut.gif (I mean, 'scope out' one of our super duper Admins... 'heard tell' he is too sexy for his hair :whistling:).

Ruthie

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

And then you get the newbie who is supposedly an attorney in "real life" who throws all his toys out the cot because he flatly refuses to make payment via the bobpay EFT option - in his proud opinion, "why must he pay bidorbuy when it is the seller that has the item?".

After repeating myself like a broken record several times over as to "how" to effect payment via bob, he still insisted on getting a few mud-slinging moments in on my character and how I manage my business.

I eventually phoned BoB and sent the emails through for further assistance. Buyer still flatout refused to pay via bob and wanted my personal banking details which I politely informed him would not happen! He sent me an email telling me all about my fortune, future and that I should refer back to the manual I got when I started the business, and that he was not a happy chappy.

Surprise surprise though when I got back to the office just now, he has actually paid using his credit card. Now what is the bet that this super-newbie buyer is probably going to issue me a negative rating for some or other reason?

Oh, and the reason he "knows" that he does not have to make use of BoBPay EFT? He has bought from many many sellers and I am the first one he has ever had hassles with - this for someone who has one rating and two items purchased including mine?

wayjen    10
wayjen

These lawyer types always think they above the law because they know the law. Who the hell do they think they are trying to impress by throwing their credentials around? They are no better then those types that think they all that and know everything about everything.

Back on topic now.

It has got to the stage now when we will start filing SNC's for "terms and conditions not met" and refunds will be the order of the day. If you are too stupid to understand the written english word in an email then you should not be buying online.

wayjen    10
wayjen
Or another favourite is ignoring your shipping charges. :disgusted:

Guy from Soweto buys an item with no shipping costs even after we sent him the charges, we politely gave him our collection address.

A refund will be on it's way to him after our fees are deducted.

JANDS    10
JANDS

I like that......those shoes were made for walking mate. You are welcome to come collect......rofl

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

BoB Newbies Need To Be Educated Urgently!!

If there were an options to 'Love this' 'Smooch this' 'Marry This' 'Have copious amounts of unprotected s*x with this' then thats where my mouse pointer would be, but until such time as the upgrades are made, I 'Like this'

wayjen    10
wayjen
If there were an options to 'Love this' 'Smooch this' 'Marry This' 'Have copious amounts of unprotected s*x with this' then thats where my mouse pointer would be, but until such time as the upgrades are made, I 'Like this'

Simmer down there, what will the neighbours think.

Cali Craft and Gems

A quick addition to my entry below:

In one of my later emails to this difficult "legal eagle", I stated that if he was not going to make payment (using what ever method he chose), then further action would be taken against him.

His reply was along the lines of "who the hell are you to threaten me with legal action when you are not complying by providing your personal banking details?"

I politely replied that instead of reading between the lines, that he should actually take note of the exact text in the message as at no stage did I mention anything about legal proceedings, and went on to explain that the "further action" I mentioned was me giving him a rating and filing and SNC for non-payment.

Not a peep from the peanut gallery since!

Just goes to show that you do not have to have a degree from a university to be intelligent, and that not all those who have attended university are the sharpest tools in the shed! (no offence to those who are brilliant - in mind and spirit!)

wayjen    10
wayjen

Some lawyer are just not "a peoples person".

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Really think that the "newbie" buyers (and traders) need some form of capacity building - clearly the "Ask bidorbuy - type your question here?" pop ups are just not enough (as well as being rather irritating - but that's another story). Folks see goodies and buy in haste, not understanding the implications of buying online.

Maybe BoB needs to ensure that the first ten - or even twenty - purchases include an appropriately helpful "tutorial" which S P E L L S O U T the process. Then maybe once twenty positive purchase ratings are achieved the tutorial can be dropped - as far as I can remember this has been suggested several times in different ways.

The cash payment option appears to be one of the big issues time and again. Having never paid a cash payment I would not know, but maybe BoB needs to improve on the status quo and ensure that the checkout REALLY HIGHLIGHTS the fact that the R16.50 is part of the purchase price when paying cash - or maybe auction listings should show how much the whole bundle costs...

With regard to BoB ensuring that buyers understand the R16.50 must be included at the bank - maybe the buyer HAS to read through something and agree (tick the box) that paying the bank charges is part of the agreement - otherwise an SNC WILL be issued?

Also you could have - as part of the auction listing (preferably right up front):

IF YOU INTEND PAYING CASH - please note:

The full purchase price for this will be:

the item's purchase price

PLUS full shipping charges (please see shipping)

PLUS R16.50 - bank charges for paying cash - which you have to add to the amount you pay at the bank

IF IN DOUBT - please wait for an email from the seller detailing the exact amount you need to pay into the seller's bank account!

Now all you have to do is get the folks to read it and THEN understand it! Ugh! That is the really difficult part.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Simmer down there, what will the neighbours think.

hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!!

wayjen    10
wayjen

The other problem with the R16.50 is that people don't know that it is part of the BoB site requests and not our own doing, they seem to think that we are trying to make an extra R16.50 above what we originally charged them.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Anybody who has bn selling on BoB long enough will know that some people are just inherently rude, it really has nothing to do with their chosen profession but rather everything to do with their upbringing.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
The other problem with the R16.50 is that people don't know that it is part of the BoB site requests and not our own doing, they seem to think that we are trying to make an extra R16.50 above what we originally charged them.

Agreed - which is why BoB really needs to make sure that there is a way to alert cash buyers to the issue every step of the process.

Anybody who has bn selling on BoB long enough will know that some people are just inherently rude, it really has nothing to do with their chosen profession but rather everything to do with their upbringing.

So very true Voldermort. The two very rudest (mees onbeskof) people I have the misfortune to know are a family doctor and a musician!

wayjen    10
wayjen

Why is it that newbies ask every day and sometimes demand a tracking number when we clearly state to them when the next postage date will be. This constant spamming and harassment is rather annoying to say the least.

Cali Craft and Gems

Or how about the not-so-new buyer who "demands" his tracking number several times in a space of a week yet each time (including before his constant emails) the tracking number is resent to him, along with a copy of previous correspondence! I eventually sent the same messages that I do on the system via direct mail, now his latest gripe is "what address did you send it to?"! (perhaps I should have stated "Plot 112, Ring 3, Saturn" instead of "the address you provided in the order"!)

I mean: get off the chair, get into your vehicle, go to your post office and pick up the blasted parcel! It has been sitting at his branch for nearly a month now! Grrr...

wayjen    10
wayjen

I think half the people that demand or want their tracking number still think it is a receipt for the item they won, I wonder if they even know how to use it.

JANDS    10
JANDS
I think half the people that demand or want their tracking number still think it is a receipt for the item they won, I wonder if they even know how to use it.

Maybe its a bank balance?:blink:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

There is a saying, "Ya can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". Sometimes, after hours of 'leading' and days of 'trying', I would just like to hold his head under water until the bubbles.gif stop. 120B5213.gif

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen
There is a saying, "Ya can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". Sometimes, after hours of 'leading' and days of 'trying', I would just like to hold his head under water until the bubbles.gif stop. 120B5213.gif

Ruthie

My brother was at one of these work seminars where they had a motivational speaker giving his talk and that line about the leading a horse to water came up. My brother shouted out "if you were any good at giving a motivational talk you would have convinced the horse to drink".

kebs    10
kebs

One hopes the Lotto winnings are never wasted on these people - would they know how to take the ticket in to claim?!:smile1:

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

and scamsters on BoB are plentifull as well , and getting more and more , soon e trading will be a minefield , just refund and cancell the sale or get him to do an eft from someone .