Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

R.I.P. Mike

dstorm

Hello all Gauteng stamp collectors

I have today heard the sad news that Mike Jackson passed away yesterday (Saturday).

A gentleman through and through. A stalwart of “local philately – the East Rand – my home town. An oak who could bend like a willow, knowing that he had the strength (without the need to show the strength) A true philatelist. And above all a GENTLEMAN.

Years ago I have had the privilege of “throwing” him and the late Neville Davies out of my shop. Neville complained: “I am seventy odd years old, been through the war and have done some crazy things in my life, but I have never been thrown out of a stamp shop”. Mike replied: “Come on Neville, think about our reputations”. Fact is: It was past five and I did not know how to set the communal alarm, so I had to vacate my shop at 17:00.

Mike and I had endless recollections about that eventful day. At the risk of sounding frivolous it just became funnier as the years went on……

Even on the few times when we have had differences, I have never seen Mike losing his cool.

Rest in peace Mike.

Jacques

PS: Let us draw the circle closer.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

JohnBenn

So many good people we have lost this year.My condolences to you Jacques,and the people who knew Mike(family and friends).

candle.gif

Edited by admin

kyle2

Condolences to you Jaques and to the family of Mike, Friends may pass on, but fond memories of them linger on.............

candle.gif

Edited by admin

lilythepink

MrA and I send you our deepest condolences, Jacques. We know what it is like when good friends pass on! Sterkte!

candle.gif

Edited by admin

MsPlod

Sorry to hear of your loss DStorm - sterkte!

candle.gif

Edited by admin

admin

Condolences to you and his family Jacques.

candle.gif

voldermort

Sorry to hear this Jacques, our condolences.