Sign in to follow this  
JANDS

Bowler hat

JANDS
JANDS, don't know if this is suitable, but there are ones for sale at the Western Shoppe in JHB (they are for dressage, but they're still bowler hats...)

PARIS BOWLER HAT | Western Shoppe

I missed this post.....man I appreciate it. It is the right one and I thank you. I found one on e-bay (original English vintage in box) so am going to give that a try. If it fails, this one seems perfect. Thank you so much.

booksallsizes
I missed this post.....man I appreciate it. It is the right one and I thank you. I found one on e-bay (original English vintage in box) so am going to give that a try. If it fails, this one seems perfect. Thank you so much.

An absolute pleasure! And post a pic of the debonair wearer when it arrives!

JANDS

Well, to wind this down. Thank you to each of you who made the effort to help me hunt a bowler hat. I found it heartwarming and it gave me continued faith in the goodness of people.

JANDS

Now: Lilly of the kindness, who I suspect drove 3 times to a shop in her town, firstly to find it and secondly to photograph it for me and then to fetch it, pay for it and post it before I had paid her a cent.....she only knew me from here on Bob. Lilly, as I said, I have no words to say "thank you". You have a bloody great spirit lass, may that huge heart of yours be rewarded for all the goodness it showers unselfishly on others. I remain cranky but you moved a lil spot here in me.....this said with a rakish tilt of mah hat. Hugs to you ...I would add the bowing emoticon they have on skype but the thing is lacking.

I am grateful.

lilythepink

The pleasure was mine, JANDS. And I'm even happier that I could help you. This is the way the world is meant to be!

And I love your picture with you wearing the bowler hat! Superb! Girls - he's one handsome fellow, I tell you! (I think it overrules any claim he may have to crankiness!)