Sign in to follow this  
Annie737

Seller does not want to deliver goods because it went "too cheap????"

Annie737    10
Annie737

Hi guys- I bought two mirrors from seller jlchele on 7/9/12. Both were listed at R100 starting bid with R50 bid incraments. Both items were listed from 17/8/12 till 7/9/12. I had the winning bids on R100 each, then I was outbid on one at some stage, but I won it nevertheless. Before I placed my bids, I enquired from seller whether collection is possible. She agreed.

Total purchase amount R560.

After the auctions closed, I mailed her to obtain her address to arrange for collection. Received no response. I called her twice today, no answer, I left a voicemail. A while ago I sent her another mail to enquire about the items. I finally got a response, which I am quoting here:

" Hi! Sorry I couldn't get back to you on time. I cannot accept the amount the bids closed on. I have made a query with bidorbuy. I'm waiting to hear from them about the matter. I can't sell those mirrors at such a low price. I'm sorry.

I replied stating that according to me, the contract is binding. I also sent a "suspicious activity" enquiry to BOB.

Please BOB.........assist??

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

IMHO....Ya win some; ya lose some. If Seller did not want to 'chance' items selling for less than what she wanted, she should have started the bids out higher. Methinks she will be 'encouraged' to honor your bids. But, it really should not have to come down to 'intervention'; "right is right and wrong is never right".

Ruthie

admin    0
admin

Hi Bonipi,

I could not find any emails from the seller on the system querying this sale. I sent the seller an email requesting the status of Order : 5174400, restricted her from listing anymore items and made a note on her profile not to payout should she request one.

Annie737    10
Annie737

thanks Ruthie!!!! I cannot agree with you more. :-)

Annie737    10
Annie737

Admin.......5stars for your super quick response!! Thank you.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Admin.......5stars for your super quick response!!

14010932.gif14010932.gif14010932.gif14010932.gif14010932.gif

Ruthie

JANDS    10
JANDS

Tee hee....some folks have a sense of humour......"I cant accept the amount the bids closed on"....chortle cackle

kyle2    10
kyle2

Why do they always come up with that excuse? Don't auction stuff if you can't afford to take a loss.:blink1:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Some Sellers come on and list their items for a low amount then cry when it sells for that low amount. They also come here and list on a R1 auction hoping to hit the jackpot but when it sells for R1.00 they cry about it, if they are so sure the item is worth more then why not list it at the prices you want it or put a reserve on it?

kyle2    10
kyle2

The problem with the reserve feature is that it has to be with in a certain small percentage of the starting amount, which basically is pointless..... silly one there BoB.:push:

Annie737    10
Annie737

Thanks to admin the seller has been disabled(I feel like disabling her!) and my payment will be refunded.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Hi Bonipi,

I could not find any emails from the seller on the system querying this sale. I sent the seller an email requesting the status of Order : 5174400, restricted her from listing anymore items and made a note on her profile not to payout should she request one.

Admin for President!!

JANDS    10
JANDS
Admin for President!!

Ummmmmm.....at this stage most anyone else could be a better option unless Bob plans to be a political party. Hee hee....then we can have Bonipi as president....if I can drive her.........ummmm insane......hee hee. :angel:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Admin for President!!

He would certainly be better than the one we have right now!

Annie737    10
Annie737

alls well that ends well........Admin filed a SNC, reversed my payment.......and no more jlchele on bob!!!