Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

On the Cusp Epilogue

Guest Guest

Paper and Physical silver

There are two types of silver - physical (actually holding the real thing and owning it) and paper (the spot price of silver) which is based on (paper) trades backing no real silver. Ironically the PAPER silver price sets the PHYSICAL silver price. To buy a trade in the SPOT PAPER silver price you only have to put down a 10% deposit of the value of the 5,000 ounce unit trade.

What I am enjoying right now is watching the traders (mainly banking hedge companies) who bought silver below US$30 an ounce (to try to make a quick buck) being cleaned up. Silver has risen by 20% in recent weeks from an orchestrated low manipulated by the BIG banks on Wall Street. When silver hits US$33 (and it's nearly there now) every short PAPER trade under US$30 has lost its entire value. As banks use FIAT funny money to support their bids you can see how laughable this whole scam is.

For the record the individual who broke all the BoB forum rules and caused "On the cusp" to be removed from BoB is now promoting silver as the basis of value... here is the link to Pierre Henry's listing (he has many other "silver value based items" listed if you check his items currently for sale on BoB)

My only comment is I hope you don't believe that the banks and FIAT funny money are a guaranteed way of storing your savings. Those who followed "On the cusp" (which had over 80,000 views) will know what I mean.

Watch the realtime silver price at this link: LIVE SILVER PRICE

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18
Removed comments

MrAerospace

Thank you, Scott. Welcome back with a thread that is interesting - whether one agrees with it or not, it is decidedly interesting and the original thread should never have been removed.

alloway65

The thread should be brought back with only the "personal attack" posts removed!

alloway65

If one had bought Silver Bullion three years ago one would have paid about R132.00 Per Ounce and this week Silver is priced in the range of R266.00 Per Ounce....a reasonable return!

The Stock Markets are only just getting back to where the were over three years ago.

lilythepink

Well "On the cusp" was an educational, informative thread and I agree with alloway that it should be "reborn" with insulting posts removed.

Many people enjoyed reading it and enthusing about it and if they didn't agree with what Scott was saying, they didn't have to get rude and balchy about it!

lilythepink

As a follow-up, I find it interesting to note that a certain party who was constantly heckling posts on "On the cusp" is now now listing items, strongly promoting their silver content as the BASIS OF THEIR VALUE.

I think that this serves as proof that "On the cusp" is a good thread and should be brought back for the rest of us to enjoy!

alloway65
As a follow-up, I find it interesting to note that a certain party who was constantly heckling posts on "On the cusp" is now now listing items, strongly promoting their silver content as the BASIS OF THEIR VALUE.

I think that this serves as proof that "On the cusp" is a good thread and should be brought back for the rest of us to enjoy!

And look where the silver price is today!!!!

MrAerospace

Cuan - please won't you bring back "On the cusp" minus any derogatory comments? It was of tremendous interest to several of us.

Thank you.

Guest Guest

Paper Silver set to break through US$35... where will silver and gold go next?

REMOVED .. tired of censorship of my posts here

Scott Balson

Edited by ndoa18
Censorship

alloway65

I have been a Silver Bull & to a lesser extent a Gold Bull for decades......and still am!

Bellcoin

Would it just not be just plain "nice" to have a silver/gold/copper and all the others that go along with them investment blog.:noworry:

No politics just plain opinions and arguments over what the price should be and when it will get there?

Me, silver, the "poor mans gold" - its time is a coming and its a coming soon. There are a few stupid ideas on the net of $1000.00 per ounce in 2015, just plain silly but in time???? What can we expect.

Silver in incredibly undervalued a the moment, if one takes gold/silver historical ratio values - 100 dollars an ounce is really where it should be.

So argue or give an opinion??????:notrust:

Bellcoin

Turnaround in Silver/Gold Ratio

Historically, the price of silver per ounce has usually been equal to around 1/16th of an ounce of gold,meaning it took 16 ounces of silver to equal the value of a single ounce of gold.

But over the past decade, gold has taken off, trading as high as 60-70 times the price of silver.

That is, until last year. As silver prices rose to nearly $50 an ounce, the ratio fell to 30-1.

But as prices for the white metal settled near $27, the ratio has skyrocketed back up.

Right now, you get 55 times more silver for your money than gold.

But it would still have to triple in price to even sniff where it should be in relation to gold.

And there are signs that this is just what's going to happen.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article36384.html

Bellcoin

Over the last two months JP Morgan has sold 80 million paper ounces of silver, increasing there short position to 150 million ounces - WHICH THEY DO NOT HAVE?

"None of this makes much sense, as who would buy or hold such a giant physical position and super aggressively short it in a concentrated manner? To accept that JPMorgan is selling short paper contracts aggressively in order to buy physical cheaply is to accept that they are manipulating prices; that’s a motive for criminality, not an excuse. Even the alternative that JPMorgan is only interested in hedging a big silver position is preposterous. 150 million ounces is more silver than the Hunts or Warren Buffet ever held and we are to believe JPMorgan amassed that position secretly? Did JPM get it from Bear Stearns? You have to use some common sense here – if JPMorgan ever did hold 150 million oz of silver, I would bet they would drive the price to $500, not short it aggressively."The Arguments Against a Silver Manipulation | SilverSeek.com