Sign in to follow this  
Stages

Cigarette Cards

Stages    10
Stages

I have received piles of cigarette cards with images of artists and some even mention south africa.

I want to know if these are collectables and can I sell them?

with that I have magazines of the Worls war II which I have listed but am not sure what category or the actual value of them.

Anyone who knows something about these can help me please

Pickwickesq    10
Pickwickesq

Cigarette Cards

Hi there - re valuation of cigarette cards. This is presently a difficult area in terms of valuation and selling. Best guide to valuation of rare cards and collections that I know of is a publication called Murrays catalogue of cigarette and Trade cards. If you have any complete card sets you should consult this catalogue before selling - they may be much more valuable than you think! I am currently listing a few very old Players & Wills cards, mostly for window dressing and to see if there is any interest out there. No luck so far but these are relatively expensive examples.

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Cigarete Cards

On page 58/59 of Collect It! Magazine of April 2009 there is a VERY interesting article on collectin cigarette cards and their values. E-mail me at and I will send it to you at no cost.

I will send copies to all others that are interested at no cost. I mean ...this is the Christmas season!

Kind regards

Pierre_Henri