Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

Time to boycott Woolworths.

JANDS

Perhaps I show more jest than I should at times....the alternative is to break down sobbing or go smack someone. I sit here reading this and I had a thought. We are a "Rainbow nation" no? So I quickly googled a question and came up with this answer:

1. Black is the absence of color (and is therefore not a color)

Explanation:

When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors.

2. White is the blending of all colors and is a color.

Explanation:

Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

Fact: The sum of all the colors of light add up to white. This is additive color theory.

JohnBenn

Hahaha Jands:wacko: maybe we should say Brown and Beige?

JANDS

Hey John....you scheme that was like racist or something? :huh: In seriousness, we have been lied to by two governements now. Millions of poor "brothers" who voted for these creatures still living in abject poverty.

JohnBenn

Got to love that lady from Marikana,that said she wants R12.500,plus a housing allowance,transport allowance(she lives next to the mine),and a food allowance.

I earned R3.500 when I did my six month practical,I should have striked as well. :blink1:

That said. Solidarity says that they actually earn R10 500,but they only receive R4000 after deductions...somethings not right here,someones pocketing money somewhere.Does anyone know if they are paid through the unions(a middleman)?

JohnBenn
Hey John....you scheme that was like racist or something? :huh: In seriousness, we have been lied to by two governements now. Millions of poor "brothers" who voted for these creatures still living in abject poverty.

No I'm referring to the actual skin colour.

Cali Craft and Gems

Things could come right only once the "powers that be" take their hands out of the coffers... no matter how "tanned" they are!

lilythepink
Solidarity says that they actually earn R10 500,but they only receive R4000 after deductions...somethings not right here,someones pocketing money somewhere.Does anyone know if they are paid through the unions(a middleman)?

Their deductions could very well include medical aid, pension and, without a doubt, court orders on their salaries to pay for expensive furniture and TV's, etc. (One would hope they are not employed through labour brokers because that could open another can of worms!)

JohnBenn
(One would hope they are not employed through labour brokers because that could open another can of worms!)

Makes one wonder.

JohnBenn

Back to Woolworths.

A lady on FB bought this salad and Woolworths tells her it's a piece of plant matter instead of a cockroach:notrust:.mmmmm......protein:sick:.

Actually serves her right for not boycotting.

255508_10151222110813278_1609255395_n.jpg.f9040ea6316ca4f103af5bc50475cb45.jpg

lilythepink

Perhaps Woolworths have suppliers who now produce plant matter with eyes, wings and feelers? And notice how the packaging says "buy bulk and save"!! lol

Totally, totally revolting! Hope the woman sues them! (I would suffer tremendous shock if I found one of these critters in my salad!)

JANDS

I had a closer look at that......its definitely a politician mistakenly wrapped up in a multi-cultural salad presentation.:blink:

svw
I had a closer look at that......its definitely a politician mistakenly wrapped up in a multi-cultural salad presentation.:blink:

Well tossed - he looks a bit squished...

JANDS

Yip, I know. I try to veer away from the fact that this is a load of shite I don't see a clear way out of besides humour. :sad:

wayjen

And It gets Better!!

Bloeddiens gedagvaar oor poste | Rapport

The above is in afrikaans but I used google to translate it so hope it's correct.

Blood Service sued over posts

Julian Jansen in Cape Town

The trade union Solidarity court documents to the South African National Blood Service (SANB) means that the Labour asked to say whether the blood service certain racial groups may prohibit for vacant positions application. , the union acts on behalf of two blood service workers, Theodore Reyneke and Sanet Schönfeldt, respectively 27 and 23 years of service experience. They may believe for vacant posts in the blood service application because only black South Africans can apply. , the blood service with a strategy started under which white workers over 55 severance packages offered. way are 13 vacancies created and these jobs are only for black employees advertised. Solidarity's application follows the recent uproar when Woolworths advertisements for vacant positions placed only for black Africans open. Solidarity would in the coming week obtain a court order to stop the blood service to fill the posts while the trial is underway. Dr. Dirk Hermann, deputy general secretary of Solidarity, said the "Woolworths principle", under which people can apply for posts unless they belong to a particular race, should be tested in court. "As our case against pass the blood service, we will create a precedent that will apply to Woolworths and all other companies that apply absolute exclusion on the basis of race, "Hermann said. blood service did not respond to inquiries.

Boycott donating blood people!!

lilythepink

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I think Solidarity is going too far with this one. It seems pointless (to me anyway) to boycott people who donate their blood to save fellow human beings, unless one really is uncaring!

I suggest that to make their point, when they go in to donate blood they ask for a white nurse and, if there isn't one available, tell them they will come back as soon as a white nurse is available. (Then the blood service might rethink their advertisements for black staff only!)

I donated 82 units of blood from the age of 18 until recently when they decided I was beyond the age of blood donations. Once I was called in to be a bone marrow donor - about 20 years ago when we lived in Cape Town - and that saved a two-year-old child's life. So to just boycott donors of blood is against my principles.

wayjen

South Africa is becoming like Israel, if you shell us then we will shell you a *** for tat scenario. In South Africa you will have the scenario of, oh well if you want to exclude whites then we will exclude blacks or if you only want this race group to do that then we will be calling on our race group to do this.

Whilst it might not be right, someone has to stand up and say/do something just like the world did during the years of apartheid the only problem now is that the world was duped into climbing into bed with the ANC and the white race of South Africa has very little outside support from other countries around the world so have to take on the challenge alone in this country.

lilythepink

I am so sick and tired of the white, black and coloured classifications. I propose that we rename them purple, green and red. That might just help?! :nuts::nuts:

wayjen

I see a thread from svw about screening plants, when will this absurdity stop??

They screen white peoples application forms online at SAA and possibly Woolworths too but PLANTS???

svw
I see a thread from svw about screening plants, when will this absurdity stop??

They screen white peoples application forms online at SAA and possibly Woolworths too but PLANTS???

Lord and Master of thine fairy world I am being totally and utterly serious this lass is in dire need of plants........

JANDS

Plants are wonderful. They help many folks cope with their environment. Take Cannabis for instance.

svw
Plants are wonderful. They help many folks cope with their environment. Take Cannabis for instance.

I have some of that growing in my garden BUT only the Ornamental Variety - the Leprechaun's love to dance under it on a bright moonlit night...

JANDS

I have time for naught but howling on those star-glittered fullmoon nights.....literally.....I have the music for the wild dancing too.....

kebs

Personally, I have always thought that WW was overpriced & over-rated.. Many years ago (as in 25+), they had very good quality things that you knew would last for years.. Not the case anymore, but the prices are still just as high.. I usually only shop at Checkers - their food is just as tasteful as anywhere else & I'm always surprised at how little the till slip comes to..

Edited by kebs