Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

Time to boycott Woolworths.

wayjen

I spoke to a traffic officer friend today who has been 28 years with the department and this is what he told me:

When he joined you needed to be a certain height and a certain weight. You need a license from a bike to a truck to qualify. After 10 years you could get your stripe and pip on your shoulder.

Today things have changed.

There is no height or weight restriction. You don't even need a license to become a traffic officer. They changed the system from 1o years for your rank down to 7 then to 4 years and they are not employing white candidates now, are there competent or learned people patrolling our roads, I think not. Are the traffic officers capable of telling you your car is unsound/un-roadworthy, I think not, but hey if we stand up and point these issues out and make a scene, we are nothing but racists.

svw
I spoke to a traffic officer friend today who has been 28 years with the department and this is what he told me:

When he joined you needed to be a certain height and a certain weight. You need a license from a bike to a truck to qualify. After 10 years you could get your stripe and pip on your shoulder.

There is no height or weight restriction. You don't even need a license to become a traffic officer. They changed the system from 1o years for your rank down to 7 then to 4 years and they are not employing white candidates now, are there competent or learned people patrolling our roads, I think not. Are the traffic officers capable of telling you your car is unsound/un-roadworthy, I think not, but hey if we stand up and point these issues out and make a scene, we are nothing but racists.

No height or weight restriction - now you have just reminded me of something I have been trying to forget about for a while!

A few months back I was travelling on the N1 between Limpopo and Gauteng with my auto cruise set at a comfortable 128k's a speed that I know I won't be stopped and fined for. When out of the bushes a traffic officer jumps in-front of me causing me to slam on brakes testing my vehicles ABS braking system to the limit BUT she had her back to me and all I could see was her rear end looming closer and closer - heaving a massive sigh of relief when I saw her suddenly start shuffling away from me with barely a glance over her shoulder towards the car which had been travelling ahead of me - continuing on my merry way because by now I was doubled up with laughter with this picture well and truly etched in my mind but also very relieved because things could been an ugly incident and who would have been to blame me or the traffic officer who had obviously not been trained correctly on how to flag down a speeding car.

JANDS

Okay this is serious. We need to boycott them too. We start with making them pay our fines and move on from there. Do we have consensus on this?

lilythepink
Okay this is serious. We need to boycott them too. We start with making them pay our fines and move on from there. Do we have consensus on this?

The only way to boycott a traffic officer, I think, is to stick strictly to the rules of the road - no speeding, courtesy towards other motorists, stop at stop streets and definitely no road rage. If they are unable to find any transgressors they won't be able to issue tickets and in the long run could find themselves without jobs! Then we will have won another round!

JANDS

:wtf:.I smaak you stukkend Lily, but really? :wtf:

lilythepink

Thanks, JANDS, but I said all that very tongue-in-cheek!!

But I'm thinking, man! I am thinking ...

If one knew where the traffic cops lived, one could order a truckload of readimix cement to be dropped in the driveway, preferably early in the day so that it can be set hard by the time the cop finishes duty and arrives home! Or collect up all the doggy mantraps around, put them in a paper packet on his doorstep, set the packet alight and run hell for leather! (He will hopefully stomp on the packet and get his feet - hopefully barefeet - involved in a lot of doggy doo!

Both those occurrences happened to a nasty man in East London many many years ago but, in my old age, I have only remembered them!

P.S. I forgot that it's necessary to press the doorbell as soon as the packet is lit and before you run away!

Edited by lilythepink

svw
Thanks, JANDS, but I said all that very tongue-in-cheek!!

But I'm thinking, man! I am thinking ...

If one knew where the traffic cops lived, one could order a truckload of readimix cement to be dropped in the driveway, preferably early in the day so that it can be set hard by the time the cop finishes duty and arrives home! Or collect up all the doggy mantraps around, put them in a paper packet on his doorstep, set the packet alight and run hell for leather! (He will hopefully stomp on the packet and get his feet - hopefully barefeet - involved in a lot of doggy doo!

Both those occurrences happened to a nasty man in East London many many years ago but, in my old age, I have only remembered them!

:weird: If it's 'doggy do' you after lily then my lot will be able to supply plenty :whistling:

JohnBenn

Well I took Jacques' advice - we supported Checker hyper today,and paid faaaar less then what we would have paid.And the quality is exactly the same - even better in most cases.Checker hyper here we come next Saturday...:biggrin:Happy and satisfied.

Woolies was almost empty....haha

JANDS

Woolie = a skaaptjop you first took the fur off of........adding the "s" is merely the plural

lilythepink

Just a thumbs up - hope you early birds read it ...

Go to e-TV news at 9.30 a.m. and watch The Justice Factor. This woolies debacle is apparently on the agenda today! :blink:

Edited by lilythepink

MrAerospace

Is this boycott still on?

voldermort
Is this boycott still on?

Apparently it is supposed to be until 16/9.

wayjen

Well I for one have not set foot outside my door, so all on track my side.

svw
Apparently it is supposed to be until 16/9.

Quite enjoying the change - don't think I will be cancelling my holiday just yet!

lilythepink

Well my boycott of our local Woolies will last a lot longer than 16 September!

JANDS

He he...What's "Woolies" Lily? Forgot 'em already.

svw
He he...What's "Woolies" Lily? Forgot 'em already.

Who needs 'Weighless' when we have 'Woolworths' :whistling:

Jongleur

Perhaps a giant sale is looming.

wayjen
I hear what everone is saying but let me tell you employment is one thing, the destruction of South African history (pre-1994) is to me a far bigger issue.

I (as most of you know) now live in Australia. I have visited South Africa in 2006, 2007 and 2011 and seen the marked decline of roads and utilities in that period.

Worst of all are the affirmative action placements in museums around the country.- the new African curators care not for pre-1994 history

In Griquatown the contract for a very competent curator was cancelled last year and (I am not joking) the coloured cleaner of that museum given the job - the Mary Moffat Museum is now managed by a woman who knows nothing about handling, storing or recording collectables - let alone running a museum.

If you live in Pretoria go to Paul Kruger's house - it's just sad. When I went there in 2007 there was an African at the entrance taking money for you to go in but there was NO security and many of the household items I saw in 2006 (when there was white staff) had disappeared. They are behind ropes that you can simply walk over in the many rooms making up Kruger's house.

The Kuruman Mission (Robert Moffat) is now run by an African curator. When I went there last year several valuable items were missing (items I had seen in 2007) and the curator was to busy watching a soccer game in his house on the property to deal with us. So we walked around without anyone keeping an eye on us.

And the Mafeking Museum? It has been transformed from covering the siege to glorifying the early African leaders. The siege items are now in a backroom where the electricity has not worked for months and the African curator (seriously) gives you a torch to shine on the artifacts in the room - because it would otherwise be too dark to see anything.

Oh.. try and go visit Spioenkop (Natal) .. good luck! You need a four wheel drive vehicle to get there now. In 2006 when I went there at least 20 other cars were parked on the top as visitors looked around the historic site. Last year I was the only visitor and this historic area is now a grazing area for cattle.

I could go on and on.. but I have video evidence of all this.

For those in Bloemfontein here is my

.... I could carry on

My dummy spit

Scott B

There is a thread on a particular museum on my other forum and I wonder if I can post a link here or have you, Scott, go and comment there unless you are on there already.

svw

Very interesting - extract of an e-mail I received today:-

[h=2]Australians call for sanctions against SA[/h]!cid:image001.jpg@01CD8F5A.CA502110

The new South African government's racist policies and affirmative action has led to calls for sanctions against SA.

The National Chairman of the Australian Protectionist Party, Andrew Phillips called upon both the Federal Labor government and the Opposition to unanimously support the re-introduction of sanctions upon South Africa.

"It is becoming increasingly clear the situation in South Africa warrants international attention once again", Phillips said. "Despite noble announcements by the African National Congress (ANC) of its intent to make South Africa an egalitarian society in which all people could live in harmony and have equal opportunity-the reality is quite different."

His calls follow Woolworths SA asking that only "African Black candidates" apply for certain posts in job advertisements and South African Airways saying it will only appoint black pilots to its cadet pilot training programme.

Phillips said "Australia is dragging its feet in recognising the reality of the New South Africa. Euro MPs Barry Madlener and Lucas Hartong have already called for the EU to cease giving millions in aid to South Africa and have already raised the issue of what can only be described as cultural genocide in that country." See our story "EU take on SAA in pilot racism".

The Australian Protectionist Party recognises the right of all people, irrespective of racial, cultural or religious background to a safe homeland, self-determination and the opportunity to control their national destiny in an increasingly globalised world.

"With the advent of so-called majority rule, minorities such as the Afrikaner communities are experiencing ever increasing disadvantage and persecution based on the colour of their skin" Phillips said.

"The South African government has done little to protect the lives of the nation's farmers and their families, actively promotes the on-going Anglicisation of the nation's government sector with the current debate of the "Languages Bill" and has reduced an estimated 10% of the nation's Afrikaner community to the poverty line through the introduction of a race based Affirmative Action policy - a situation President Zuma described as both "shocking and surprising", yet has done nothing to address".

"Australia was quick to take the moral high-ground against South Africa decades ago, now is not the time to expose our hypocrisy by refusing to re-introduce sanctions and apply meaningful diplomatic pressure upon the ANC regime," Phillips said.

JohnBenn

I saw that too,but apparently Andrew Phillips doesn't have much power.And is not as well known as this article is trying to imply.Unfortunately....:twisted:

lilythepink

Well we've lived through sanctions before but we then at least had a government which saw to it that food was readily available; farmers were not deprived of their land and millions of acres of fertile soil were not lost forever - unlike the situation we have in SA at present! Crime levels were lower then, too, and people did not breed indiscriminately just so that they could access child welfare grants.

I think SA's problems today are that there are too many people with too many more being born every day into a life of abject poverty and simply expecting, as they grow up, to believe in the culture of hand-outs by way of free housing, mod-cons, etc. People no longer ask for help but they actually demand it! So terribly, terribly sad.

wayjen

When that Huntley guy sought refugee status in Canada and it was granted, the country laughed at him and it made international headlines because he was white and felt persecuted, maybe he was right all along.

Cali Craft and Gems

In response to watching an issue that was highlighted on the news recently about the Lotto not doing the payouts "as expected" to sports and arts, hubby mentioned that the funds generated should be used towards basic medical and education instead as the government could not be bothered with the essentials. I'm not sure how true it is, but with the Irish lottery, they pay for certain medical procedures where the individual or their family cannot afford it.

But I am pleased that other countries are starting to take off their blinkers with regards to our beautiful country that is being destroyed and brought to it's knees unnecessarily. If only something could be done about it before we end up like the rest of the "countries up North"... if you know what I mean!

(just my opinion though...)