Sign in to follow this  
retailrush

Once in a Blue Moon...

svw    10
svw
Tonight's full moon is a Blue Moon...

All depending on how much grey dust is in the air - but either way I will still be sitting outside tonight armed with hot coffee and the telescope...

voldermort    10
voldermort

Doubt we will see any moon down here tonight at all - raining buckets, in the space of about 1/2 hour at least 10 roads here are flooded (one includes the Main Road) - quite literally drove home through a river :meh:

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

After an absolutely gorgeous day, the clouds have rolled in and have hidden the beautiful moon completely! Aaaawwww....

Cali Craft and Gems

It is now pouring with rain... it's been such a strange weather day in ODN today - actually windy since early now the rain... what an end to our first winter here...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

"Rain drops keep falling on my head...". We are getting 'liquid sunshine' from Isaac. No stars, no moon...just rain.

Ruthie

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I checked the moon about 5 times last night,even very early in this morning.The sky was a bit blue but the moon looked the same as always.I wonder if someone from the solar community got the dates wrong?

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

OK so it was two full moons this month, instead of one blue moon....if only they told me that before:sad:.....bastards!!!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

And I didn't see either of them. Too many clouds and then I fell asleep and didn't wake up till the sun was coming over the horizon!

Cali Craft and Gems

When there are two full moons within the same month, the second one is known as a Blue Moon... thus the saying "once in a blue moon"...

svw    10
svw
OK so it was two full moons this month, instead of one blue moon....if only they told me that before:sad:.....bastards!!!!

You just need a good dose of moon-shine first then it will be as blue as you want it to be :whistling:

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Haha Mampoer hier kom ek:weird:

JANDS    10
JANDS

I remember blue moons from my childhood...makes me all teary-eyed just thinking about it. Five boys getting caught doing sondes in a small Dorp we cannot mention on a Sondag. Four cuts later and barely succeeding in keeping your cool, comparing stripes in the unashamed way boys do....The moon and its satellites were not a pretty sight back then. :blink: