Sign in to follow this  
InfiIT

Little bit of a helpful tool for sellers on bob

InfiIT

This helps me track who has a parcel yet and who doesn't.

With a webpage front, you just upload a CSV with all the tracking numbers and the webpage does the bulk searching for you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3867[/ATTACH]

Good idea? Bad Idea?

davan

what website ?

Asha Craft Jewellery

I personally do not keep track whether parcels have been delivered or not.

If I buyer has not received their parcel, they contact me, I help find it. Problem sorted.

If a parcel is returned as unclaimed, I contact the buyer, arrange to have it resent. Problem sorted.

InfiIT
what website ?

I never uploaded it yet, was just playing around with some code, was checking what the response would be for it :)

@Asha Craft Jewellery: I guess its just my nature to want to have control over everything and know exactly where everything is at any given time :P

If BoB could incorporate something like this on our listings to say item delivered / picked up, it would be a + as well, not sure of feasability though because they not going to add it on just for me :cool:

qball

We have statuses where you can set this up, you the use the Advanced Search tab in the Selling area and can filter by status...

InfiIT

The status thing is awesome (but i have to manually click delivered when an item is delivered :toung:), I use statusses and it seriously streamlines a lot for me, but this little code snippet pretty much checks every Tracking number listed against SAPO and displays the status in real time, no clicking needed :toung:

MacMuffin
The status thing is awesome (but i have to manually click delivered when an item is delivered :toung:), I use statusses and it seriously streamlines a lot for me, but this little code snippet pretty much checks every Tracking number listed against SAPO and displays the status in real time, no clicking needed :toung:

This sounds interesting. We are currently looking at tighter courier integration with tracking. It would be very valuable for us to understand how sellers operate the fulfilment process. i.e. perhaps some answers to the following questions:

- How many parcels do you ship (daily, weekly, monthly):

- What is your average / highest shipping cost:

- How much (in %) of your shipments go to courier friendly areas:

- Do you track the shipping and if so how:

- If you track the shipping, what is the average delivery time:

- Would you be interested in offering fixed price door-to-door shipping (i.e. courier picks it up from you):

alloway65
This sounds interesting. We are currently looking at tighter courier integration with tracking. It would be very valuable for us to understand how sellers operate the fulfilment process. i.e. perhaps some answers to the following questions:

- Would you be interested in offering fixed price door-to-door shipping (i.e. courier picks it up from you):

1) 15 - 25 Per Week.

2) R45.00 & R1 250.00 Excl VAT.

3) 95%.

4) On line through my Couriers Web Site.

5) Less than 24 Hours.

6) Yes....this is how my current Courier works.

InfiIT

Why not just add in a Tracking number textbox somewhere and scrape from the relevant racking co (i use parceltrack.co.za), so im just scraping based on tracking number as to whether the item is delivered, in transit, or something else :P

I'm not heavy so

1: maybe 4 -5

2: R45

3: 100% (but this is not a fixed variable as it depends on the buyer, as of now, 100% is the correct answer)

4: parceltrack.co.za

5: 4-5 days +- (but recently have been having some issues, hence i'm keeping a close eye now)

6: Yes I would, but not sure about everybody as some are on the road etc etc etc