Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

A New Level of Low...

Not1CentMore

for 'Big Brother'.

(scratching head) There are no words....

First it was those little green, plastic Army men, then it was GI Joe 'accessories' and then it was... and now this:

Nebraska family, school at odds over deaf boy

Ruthie

lilythepink

This school's teachers need their heads read! Good grief!

wayjen

You know, the world has gone totally bonkers with everything being "Politically Correct" because we don't want to offend this one or that group.

JANDS

I have one word.....FFS :weird:

kyle2

Absolutely pathetic............:colbert:

wayjen
I have one word.....FFS :weird:

oi!

There's no vowels in your word.

wayjen

Ruthie, watch the papers tomorrow because someone somewhere will stop you whistling for a cab because it's demeaning to cab drivers and or women because they turn around because they thinking some construction worker is whistling at them. Maybe sticking up a finger to hail a cab will be banned because people think you pointing to a hijacked plane and they look up and thereby cause an major accident.

Not1CentMore
Ruthie, watch the papers tomorrow because someone somewhere will stop you whistling for a cab because it's demeaning to cab drivers and or women because they turn around because they thinking some construction worker is whistling at them. Maybe sticking up a finger to hail a cab will be banned because people think you pointing to a hijacked plane and they look up and thereby cause an major accident.

Wayne... I'm tellin' ya, if this were my child, by the time I 'blew in and blew' out, 'they' would think Katrina was but a summer breeze!

I would be getting 'three hots and a cot' at the 'iron bar hotel'; so mad I would be 'spitting tacks' (dangerous weapon), 'poking' a few chests with a pointed finger, 'clawing' a few eyes out and 'bopping' a few folks up alongside the head (assault and battery) and 'they' would need to see a proctologist (to get my foot out of 'their' collective hineys - yes, even at my 'ripe old age', I can get my leg that high).

'Big Brother' and 'Political Correctness' 'done gone' and killed 'Common Sense'.

Common Sense (In Memorium)

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense.

No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated valued lessons such as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge). His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

Ruthie

JANDS
There's no vowels in your word.

Spread em baby

JohnBenn

"The claim they were told Hunter had to modify the way he signs his moniker to comply with the school's zero tolerance code against weapons in school."

So no "cowboys and crooks" can be played either during recess?

Seriously this is beyond stupid.

wayjen

No more CSI Miami on tv only The Oprah Winfrey show because CSI is too violent.

Not1CentMore

So no "cowboys and crooks" can be played either during recess?

That hasn't been allowed for quite some time. And, monkey bars, slides, swings, dodge ball, etc. are being slowly, but surely, removed because kids might get hurt and parents will sue.

'Once upon a time', back in the 'olden days', ya got hurt on the playground, ya got the 'owie' washed, a bandaid slapped on it and told to "go play". Now, Johnny or Susie gets a simple scratch and Mama and Papa run to the attorney.

Ruthie

JANDS

I think its our own fault, we put up with this crap.

wayjen

You know, in 2009 we were watching television there in the USA and flippin' through the channels we watched Judge Mathis and Judge Joe Brown and Judge Judy and about 3 others and between those shows we watched adverts like dial 555-LAWYER or 555-LEGALAID (you get the idea) and our television has just become "americanized" with our adverts showing much the same.

These days the governments are thinking for the people instead of the people thinking for themselves.

JANDS

I detest television, so I don't watch. I like to choose my meals carefully.................................

Not1CentMore
These days the governments are thinking for the people instead of the people thinking for themselves.

Here, one side of our Government is 'telling' us 'how' we should think. It is called 'nudging'. If you don't think the way they want you to think, you are called 'vile' names: racist, anti-women, homphobe, etc., to shut you up. And, it works. No one wants to be labeled something degrading. 'They' should be ashamed of themselves and the people who stop expressing their views for fear of being called names need to ashamed of the yellow streak down their back.

After all, isn't that how Dictators come into power?

Ruthie

wayjen

it's easier to work with a dictator then to work with anyone democratically elected.