Sign in to follow this  
Nuvo Italia

Goods damaged in Transit with no insurance taken

Nuvo Italia    10
Nuvo Italia

Hi

I require some advice please.

I recently sold an item through BOB, the buyer did not take insurance.

A day later I received and email stating items are damaged, however the waybill is signed 'received in good order' upon inquiry from the delivery company management.

Any advice will be appreciated on what I should do.

Thanks

Edited by Nuvo Italia

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

More liaison with the buyer might assist you, e.g. ask for him to send you pictures of the broken item and, if necessary, offer a refund (including postage) if the items are returned to you immediately.

In terms of the CPA the onus is on the seller to provide undamaged goods and I think qball will back me on this! In any event, it's good practice to keep buyers happy.

Good luck.

kebs    10
kebs

I assume this was through a courier company then? If the buyer signed that all was in order, then they have acknowledged that the items were not damaged upon arrival. So I would say it's not your responsibility, especially seeing as they didn't take insurance ( I assume this is offered though?). You may get a negative feedback for not replacing or re-imbursing, but I guess it depends on how strongly you feel? Was it an expensive item? Personally, I would point out that they never took insurance, & signed that everything was fine upon arrival.. & see what happens then.. If it was a really cheap item, I may offer a partial refund as the buyer may have not bothered to do the right things because of a low value. Still their fault, but it may avoid a negative. But on expensive things, I feel buyers need to also take some responsibility for their orders & pay insurance & check contents..

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Kebs' advice is good but I still would refund the buyer or replace the item! One's trading reputation on BoB is of more importance, from my perspective.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

When I first started on BoB I refunded a buyer in full for an item they claim arrived broken - she later admitted that she had dropped the parcel and the item broke, and blamed me because I did not tell her that the item could break if dropped - even though fragile stickers were all over the package!

Once bitten, twice shy...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I guess we get all sorts making up our world but I would tend to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt the first time. If it happened again, I would think differently!

If an item arrives damaged it needs to be proven that it was properly (and safely) packaged in the first place and this can be difficult to prove without pictures taken before the item is shipped. Just my ten cents worth again ...

JANDS    10
JANDS

Check the price of Nuvo's goods ladies.....its not small change. This warrants investigation. Like Kebs says, the buyer signed "In good order"...tough cookie to chew with no rating teeth....:hm:

Nuvo Italia    10
Nuvo Italia
Check the price of Nuvo's goods ladies.....its not small change. This warrants investigation. Like Kebs says, the buyer signed "In good order"...tough cookie to chew with no rating teeth....:hm:

Thank you, finally someone with some sense.

My goods are always packed according to international factory standards and if you see my ratings I take pride in safe packaging and delivery. I have customers who won auctions at R 5500 for items that retails for R 15 000, I still delivered with same standard and professionalism....

There's a-lot of buyers taking chances these days....what I cannot understand why did she assemble the bed, its an hour process and requires drilling ....market related price for professional assembly is R 350 she got the delivery guy to assemble for R 20, sheesh........

Nuvo Italia    10
Nuvo Italia
More liaison with the buyer might assist you, e.g. ask for him to send you pictures of the broken item and, if necessary, offer a refund (including postage) if the items are returned to you immediately.

In terms of the CPA the onus is on the seller to provide undamaged goods and I think qball will back me on this! In any event, it's good practice to keep buyers happy.

Good luck.

That's worst advice you can give, its a philosophy where you could always end up losing through no fault of yours.

I believe in life, especially in business you be kind but when someone is trying to steal your hard-earned money you have a right to defend it, CPA or not justice always prevails if you willing to fight for what you believe in. Yes, sometimes we make mistakes (not tying our camel so to speak) then carry on, just school fee's at least you better for the experience.

By throwing refunds you indirectly encouraging people to think they can get away with these things.....

BOB ratings on average will show your true colors, the bigger business you do you going to get negative ratings, its INEVITABLE. Ratings is an indication but even the best will get negative ratings thus lessening the impact of judgement's based on ratings to a certain extent.

Edited by Nuvo Italia
missing word

Nuvo Italia    10
Nuvo Italia

Good luck.

I offered a refund but she does not want to return the item, she wants ''really good'' financial compensation and to keep items.

Item was supposed to be delivered on agreed date, she told the delivery company to wait as she is not ready for delivery (painting the room), items stayed 3 days in the warehouse of delivery company.

Then do not ask me how but when she was ready she got the delivery company to deliver to her on a public holiday (probably nagging or fighting)....and the stupid company did so....then she got the delivery ''boy'' to assemble bed for R 20. In Durban we know how to assemble the beds, takes us 1 HR and we charge R 350, what a steal she got....

3 of the 5 PCs sent were damaged, coincidence or negligent .......

Edited by Nuvo Italia
missing word

dstorm    10
dstorm
That's worst advice you can give, its the philosophy of some one who cannot succeed in the long-term.

Now how did you work this out?

As you have said yourself, the ratings will show....

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Nuvo Italia    10
Nuvo Italia
Now how did you work this out?

As you have said yourself, the ratings will show....

Keep well and regards

Jacques

I edited it so my statement can be understood in a more tasteful manner:

That's worst advice you can give, its a philosophy where you could always end up losing through no fault of yours.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Thanks Nuvo

I still do not agree with you fully, but I now understand your point.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Nuvo Italia    10
Nuvo Italia
Thanks Nuvo

I still do not agree with you fully, but I now understand your point.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

It is give and take a little sometimes, depends on the person on the other side who you dealing with. In my case the buyer.

You too, Best Regards,

MK

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

If the buyer did not take insurance and signed that everything was received in good order then you are not legally oblidged to do anything further and the CPA can't do anything about it. #justsaying

Edited by Asha Craft Jewellery
CPA

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I offered a refund but she does not want to return the item, she wants ''really good'' financial compensation and to keep items.

Item was supposed to be delivered on agreed date, she told the delivery company to wait as she is not ready for delivery (painting the room), items stayed 3 days in the warehouse of delivery company.

Then do not ask me how but when she was ready she got the delivery company to deliver to her on a public holiday (probably nagging or fighting)....and the stupid company did so....then she got the delivery ''boy'' to assemble bed for R 20. In Durban we know how to assemble the beds, takes us 1 HR and we charge R 350, what a steal she got....

3 of the 5 PCs sent were damaged, coincidence or negligent .......

Your buyer is ridiculous, I have to admit, and in similar circumstances I would adopt your attitude too. Sorry if I appeared to be too "kind" but then I am known to overstep the mark with kindness.