Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Hurricane Isaac, what's happening that side Ruthie?

wayjen

Guys, please send some positive energy States side (USA) as they get hit by Hurricane Isaac and a special one for our daughter who was with us for about 3 weeks and left Cape Town last night and is heading to home via Miami where the storm is hitting.

Her flight was from CPT International to Amsterdam to Atlanta then on to Miami but I believe some flights into Miami have been cancelled due to the hurricane.

I know she is in good hands but a little more positive thoughts for her and the other travellers can't do any harm.

voldermort
Guys, please send some positive energy States side (USA) as they get hit by Hurricane Isaac and a special one for our daughter who was with us for about 3 weeks and left Cape Town last night and is heading to home via Miami where the storm is hitting.

Her flight was from CPT International to Amsterdam to Atlanta then on to Miami but I believe some flights into Miami have been cancelled due to the hurricane.

I know she is in good hands but a little more positive thoughts for her and the other travellers can't do any harm.

According to Fox it is still a storm, not yet upgraded to a hurricane & headed New Orleans way at the moment....I'm sure if there was even a breath of danger the flights would be diverted......still sending good thoughts that way though

wayjen

There are flights cancelled to Miami already, I spoke to her friend via Facebook in Boca Raton, Florida who will be picking her up later.

voldermort

I'm sure Ruthie would know best about this........hopefully she will reply soon

Not1CentMore

Wayne...

Prayers for your daughter's safety. Keep us posted, please.

'State of Emergency' declared by Governors in three States: Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama and I am 'thinking' there are some 'rumblings' about adding more depending on Isaac's path. Right now, it 'looks' like it is going to follow the same 'path' as Katrina; up the Gulf Coast.

More info here: Tropical Storm Isaac crossing Gulf with New Orleans in crosshairs | Fox News.

In Tennessee, it will probably rain 'cats and poodles' by the end of the week; buckets and buckets of 'liquid sunshine'. If too much, we will have 'run off' and 'flooding'. With the drought this summer, it could get 'ugly' with downed trees, damage to property, washed out roads, etc.

Ruthie

wayjen

Thanks Ruthie and be careful that side.

I remember in May 2009 just before we left Florida the hurricane season started and the winds were so strong they set off alarms in the area we stayed. When we boarded the plane in Fort Lauderdale we could see the storms coming in, it was scary.

wayjen

Poor Haiti, they can never rebuild their lives with these storms coming across them all the time.

wayjen

thanks Ruthie, going there now.

wayjen

She arrived safe and sound thanks guys.

lilythepink

Great news, Wayne.

mellowred
She arrived safe and sound thanks guys.

Glad to hear that Wayne. Heard this morning that today is the same date that Katrina hit New Orleans. Hope Isaac passes by.

Not1CentMore

Good to hear.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Ruthie

wayjen

We spoke to her a few minutes ago via Facetime and had a good laugh at how she was treated at the various airports. Had to stand in what someone called the "agricultural line" or something like that as if she was smuggling livestock from South Africa. Her friends parents from here sent some groceries over for their daughter and that was picked up when she had to open her bags but after telling them what it was she was allowed to proceed.

wayjen

Just like the Olympics, the USA has a year to prepare for these forces of nature, it must be damn scary living there knowing that major storms will be hitting you at some stage.