Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Blue Monday

Little Miss Muffet

:rolleyes:This morning there is a knock at the door.

The policeman who is dealing with my secondhand dealers licience wants to inspect the premises.

First thing I do in the morning is switch on the computer and start posting--Before I have breakfast which is more like 10am.

I have not combed my hair or even brushed my teeth and he can see I am still in my gown and hubby in his pajama's.

I told him to come back because it is inconvenient.

He says "Okay I will put that in the report"

Nevertheless his wife is also an officer at the same police station so I phoned her and he eventually came back with a little persuasion plus 2 of his officers.

He informed me that he can knock on my door anytime and I must let him in.

What if I am in the bath? or having an affair or...whatever?

Really!!

MrAerospace

Surely he must stick to reasonable business hours? And why can't he phone and make an appointment? Does he think you're a scrap metal dealer or something?

Little Miss Muffet

This policeman is adamant I must have an ID number from the person I buy from.

Can you imagine walking round a market in UK and asking for the sellers ID especially being from South Africa.

It is ludicrous.

Sellers at flea markets in South Africa must get a copy of the ID of the person who buys their items.

Recently someone at the Church Street antique market lost a sale of R6000 because the buyer refused to give him ID details.

What about buyers who want to hide investments in antiques instead of putting their money in bank where the tax man can see it.

Well it is not right but this whole exercise is outrageous. They don't have enough staff to monitor the criminals never mind us.

JohnBenn

It sounds ridiculous....anyway he can't "he can knock on my door anytime and I must let him in".Good grief since when do we live in a Communist country?

Next time tell him to have his warrant in hand,without one he's trespassing.And you can send him off with a backside full of buckshot.:push:

qball

Unfortunately the police can show up at any time it seems... this is covered by the 2nd Hand Goods Act, sections 27 to 30:

Routine inspections

28. (1) A police official may, during times when business activity in respect of

second-hand goods is taking place, enter the premises of any registered dealer in order

to investigate compliance with this Act and require the dealer, owner, an employee or the

person in control of the premises to—

(a) produce the certificate of registration relating to that premises for inspection;

(b) produce any register, record, book or other document relating to the goods in

or on the premises for inspection or for the purposes of obtaining copies

thereof or extracts therefrom;

© produce any goods found in or on such premises for examination; or

(d) explain any entry or absence of any entry in any register, book, record or

document found therein or thereon.

(2) If, upon any inspection, a police official discovers that any method of dealing,

recording of transactions in registers or storage that is being used is in contravention of

this Act, the police official may—

(a) demand immediate discontinuation of the method; and

(b) afford the dealer a period of no more than seven days to rectify such method

in order to ensure compliance with the Act.

(3) The dealer, owner, employee or person in charge of premises contemplated in

subsection (1) must assist the police official in the performance of his or her functions

under this Act.

(4) (a) Apolice official must conduct at least one comprehensive annual inspection of

each registered premises, during which the records contemplated in section 21(1) must

be examined.

(b) On each occasion when a police official inspects a register in terms of subsection

(1)(b), such police official must—

(i) sign his or her name immediately after the last entry in that register, and

append his or her number and rank and the date on which the inspection was

conducted; or

(ii) certify in the manner that the National Commissioner may from time to time

direct, that the records were inspected.

wayjen

When the flatfoot leaves your house Pammie, you phone in and report a crime and see how long it takes for someone to rock up there. Instead of fighting crime they are knocking on doors of the upstanding citizens of this country.

JANDS
during times when business activity n respect of

second-hand goods is taking place, enter the premises of any registered dealer in orde

He better come round during the hour I sometimes work when the fish are not biting....:nuts:

JohnBenn

"2nd Hand Goods Act, sections 27 to 30:

Routine inspections

28. (1) A police official may, during times when business activity in respect of

second-hand goods is taking place, enter the premises of any registered dealer in order

to investigate compliance with this Act and require the dealer, owner, an employee or the

person in control of the premises to—"

When was this nonsense made law?This sounds completely and utterly Fascist.We live in a democracy even the police need to respect our rights.

Did this idiot who set up this law take into account the crime in S-Africa?How many people have been robbed,raped and shot by criminals in fake police uniforms?

This law is breaking so many other rights/laws of people.

Little Miss Muffet

I can always go underground. There are ways and means.

I pay my taxes so I have nothing to hide.

If he finds something valuable in my house I could always say I inherited it from my granny.

I will not be here if he comes looking for me in the next six weeks.

I have removed most of my listings as I am going to the UK to have a baby.:colbert:

Little Miss Muffet

When I filled in the forms for the second hand dealers licence I had to say my business operates from 9-5

The policeman told me a second hand is only granted for use in business hours.

This makes trading on line illegal after hours.

I am signing a document that is not exactly correct or truthful.

Pathetic.

They should weed out the corruption in the government first before they pick on the small man.

No wonder we are so backward.

JANDS

We are not backward. Ever. I'll point you to where backwards is using my middle-digit.

wayjen

The laws in this country have become so pathetic it borders on a joke just like our constitution.

voldermort
I have removed most of my listings as I am going to the UK to have a baby.:colbert:

You must be so excited, and to think we all didnt even know you were pregnant :toung:

voldermort
The laws in this country have become so pathetic it borders on a joke just like our constitution.

What laws?

wayjen
You must be so excited, and to think we all didnt even know you were pregnant :toung:

It was first a facelift and boob job and now a baby, this gal must have discovered the Fountain of Youth over there.

voldermort
It was first a facelift and boob job and now a baby, this gal must have discovered the Fountain of Youth over there.

I think we all need to head on over to the UK......that's where it's at :sowsuser:

alloway65

The Fountain of Unemployed Youth!!!!!:hm:

Not1CentMore
"2nd Hand Goods Act, sections 27 to 30:

Routine inspections

person in control of the premises to—"

This law is breaking so many other rights/laws of people.

Are the 'dumb-dumbs' ruining this Country now adding stupidity to the drinking water your side? Seems with this new law, those who 'fly by the seat of their pants' on the 'wrong side of right' have more rights than an upstanding citizen who 'trys' to play by the rules...the 'bad guys' get your info and next thing you know, you have a 'visitor' in the middle of the night (and not for tea and biscuits).

Hmmm...methinks I would be 'marking' everything new; new to me. Kinda like buying a 'new' used car. It is new to the buyer. May be 'splitting hairs', but shoot-a-bug, if it keeps you safe...

Sorry, guys and gals... (IMHO) this 'stinks on ice'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Little Miss Muffet

Artificial insemination? I needed money so I rented my womb.

:grin:

Little Miss Muffet
Are the 'dumb-dumbs' ruining this Country now adding stupidity to the drinking water your side? Seems with this new law, those who 'fly by the seat of their pants' on the 'wrong side of right' have more rights than an upstanding citizen who 'trys' to play by the rules...the 'bad guys' get your info and next thing you know, you have a 'visitor' in the middle of the night (and not for tea and biscuits).

Hmmm...methinks I would be 'marking' everything new; new to me. Kinda like buying a 'new' used car. It is new to the buyer. May be 'splitting hairs', but shoot-a-bug, if it keeps you safe...

Sorry, guys and gals... (IMHO) this 'stinks on ice'.

Ruthie

Hubby went to pay my tax on Friday.

They have never asked me this befpore. They wanted to know the value of my furniture,my bank balance and value of my stock.

So it was blue Friday and Monday and I lost patience with a buyer because the government put me in a bad mood.

lilythepink
I can always go underground. There are ways and means.

I pay my taxes so I have nothing to hide.

If he finds something valuable in my house I could always say I inherited it from my granny.

I will not be here if he comes looking for me in the next six weeks.

Okay - I don't blame you for choosing maternity facilities in the UK but a baby at this time of your life has to be a grandchild!??

lilythepink

It's frustrating living in the Eastern Cape where policemen live up to the joke ...

Phone the 10111 number. Wait about 10 minutes and no reply. Redial and phone gets answered by someone who can hardly speak English. Tell them there's a heavy street fight (or whatever) and they'll say they can't come because they don't have a vehicle available. Put the phone down.

A couple of minutes later, call 10111 again. Tell them you have been out and fired some shots with your gun. The police arrive on your doorstep 5 minutes later! Suddenly a vehicle has become available?

I suppose all the police vehicles are now being used to round up people like geewhizz? But my brain tells me that most of the force in the EC wouldn't know how to start policing secondhand dealers!

svw
I suppose all the police vehicles are now being used to round up people like geewhizz?

What on earth has geewhizz been up to - pregnant - occupying the valuable time of the police force when they should be busy doing something more constructive - confusing the tax man :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: ... AND they say that nobody has discoved how to reverse the art of ageing... :whistling:

mellowred

This is all just crazy. The laws were supposedly introduced to help stop house breaking and theft by making it difficult for the crims to offload their stolen goods.

As usual the law is just being abused at taxpayers expense and the police are keeping themselves busy going after soft targets.

It's difficult to confuse an artificially inseminated granny in her husbands pyjamas with a hardened stolen goods dealer. :smile1:

wayjen

Mellooooooooooo, welcome back we missed youuuuuuu!!!!!!!