Sign in to follow this  
DIY PRODUCTS

Advise on Sales Admin Please

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I am appealing to all the seasoned sellers for assistance in improving and structuring my sales process to ensure that I reach 100% control and reach a point where my admin is not so time consuming as I am at the moment constantly double checking myself and it wastes time.

Please see my current process and recommend changes. (bearing in mind I sell on R1 auctions only)

I have a 'listings' book with the pages dated for the specific auction dates. I list on Wednesday, Friday, Weekend and then a running listing from Sunday to Sunday, so I have 3 x 'Stock boxes' I fill in the item on the page of the auction then use a blue highlighter to highlight it off as packed in the box for that specific day. Then I list the auctions on BoB and 'Circle' the number of the product on the page to show as 'Listed' I then write the listing or promo fee next to the item and the item cost next to the item. Once a bidder bids on the item, I use a yellow highlighter to show 'sold' once or if the auction reaches cost I highlight the cost out in Pink, when the auction closes I move the unsold items over to the next auction page available, and calculate the total cost vs bids. Once payments are received, I then go to the 'Shipping' book, I number the parcel package etc then note it in the postage book where I keep record of the amount paid, the cost of the sale (NOT including listing fees? not sure where to fit them in, as you pay for exposure overall not per product?) and then the postage and then note in the postage book next to the buyers detail the result of the sale, so its either a + Highlighted in Yellow, or a - Highlighted in Pink. I am not happy with this as this is the book that the Post office stamps when receiving each parcel, they also make a copy for their own records meaning they have copies of my finances.

I feel like my process ensures that I always HAVE what is listed, which is a plus, but I feel like the control and accuracy on the financial side is sorely lacking. Also note, I have no business skills or accounting backround (previously employed as a buyer) so I can SPEND!! but cant control whats coming in against whats going out. What help or advise can you offer? Should I get a program? Should I just leave it to the wind and say hey what the hec what comes in comes in what goes out goes out?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It seems no-one has responded to you. Perhaps it's because each of us sellers has "cultivated" our own method for keeping controls on things. Yes, if you are battling to control your finances I think that a program may assist you but, in the end, it always comes down to the fact that you shouldn't spend more than you have coming in.

Practice will make perfect so keep alert at all times!