Sign in to follow this  
MsPlod

I know I AM in the wrong - but HELP! Please...

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Read before you bid.. read before you bid. I usually do (thoroughly)... but this time I didn't and OUCH!

So I bid (at 15:10 on Tuesday) - and only then I read the whole description...

And within 5 minutes of bidding on the item - one of this week's Wednesday Crazies... I "asked the seller a question"

[TABLE=class: display]

[TR=class: even]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left_top sorting_1]Question

21 Aug 2012 15:15

Update Question[/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!! I did the UNTHINKABLE! I bid before I read! Please delete my bid on this walkie talkie - I WILL bid again - because I want the spare parts - but my reserve is MUCH higher than I am prepared to pay for a possibly non-working one.

Grovel - and HUMBLY apologise...

UPDATED: 22 Aug 17:53

Please respond to my request[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

But the trader did not respond to my question - and a couple of other bids came in so I asked another question:

[TR=class: odd]

22 Aug 2012 10:51

Update Question[/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]Hi there

Sent you a question yesterday - within minutes (possibly seconds) of bidding. Requesting (humbly) that you remove my bid on this item please. My reserve on this is MUCH higher than I would have bid if I had read that there was no battery - Yes, I do know it is my mistake - but I repeat - PLEASE could you remove my bid - I will bid again - but with a lower reserve. Thank you.

UPDATED: 22 Aug 17:54

Please respond to my request![/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left_top sorting_1][/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

And still the trader did not respond at all... so I asked again:

22 Aug 2012 17:53

Update Question[/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]Hi there yet again

You can see that I did have a high reserve on this item. This is the third time I have written to request that you delete my bid. Please could you do this for me. I recognise that I made an error and would be most grateful if you would please remove my bid - thank you!

UPDATED: 22 Aug 17:54

Please respond to my request![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: odd]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]

Guess I am going to get a negative on this one... R150 for a probably not working walkie talkie... Would you pay it?

Ugh - university of life stuff I suppose! Darn!:sad2:[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Then again - according to this information which I found on the BoB help page (thanks BoB) - I actually appear to have followed all the correct procedures.

"Unfortunately you cannot change your bid amount or personally delete your bid once it is entered, you would need to contact the Seller via the Q&A facility requesting that your bid be deleted and provide the reason for the request. The seller will be responsible for deleting your bid, if the seller does not delete your bid you can contact us to remove it as per the Consumer Protection Act.If the bid is deleted you would need to re-bid on the item with the correct amount. Always ensure you take the necessary care when placing your bid as this can lead to disputes and problems after the close of the auction."

So - I have sent an email to BoB - asking for them to help me - since the trader does not want to respond to my piteous cries for assistance.

Grrrrrr - I really will NEVER make this mistake again I hope! Feel very bad about doing it.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

And "whoosh" it has been deleted by the administrator within minutes...

A HUGE "thank you" shouted out to BoB!

Thanks for watching this soliloquy... G'nite folks

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
And "whoosh" it has been deleted by the administrator within minutes...

A HUGE "thank you" shouted out to BoB!

Thanks for watching this soliloquy... G'nite folks

I wonder if questions are getting through to sellers.

I have just had a bid deleted by admin but I got no request from the user to delete the bid.

Andries???

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

That might be the case Geewhizz. The trader in question is one I respect rather highly - excellent ratings, etc. so it might just be possible.

admin    0
admin
I wonder if questions are getting through to sellers.

I have just had a bid deleted by admin but I got no request from the user to delete the bid.

Andries???

Wasn't me Pam, give me the trade id and I will look into it.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

The number of the trade ID is 73435545

admin    0
admin

Hi again Pam,

The bidder requested their bid to be deleted via the live chat as they bid on both the Victorian coins and only wanted to bid on the one.

JANDS    10
JANDS

What is "Live chat" and where is it?

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
What is "Live chat" and where is it?

I guess it is that irretating little thing that comes up and says"Ask Bidorbuy"

Must be manned 24/7

wayjen    10
wayjen

It does make you wonder, are our messages to Buyers via the BoB messaging system are not going through or are they ignoring us? It is very annoying when you contact a Buyer and they ignore you but they want you to sit in front of your pc 24/7 or they throw their toys out of the cot.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It is a potential buyer's right in terms of the CPA to have their bid(s) deleted upon request! And, anyway, as a seller I would always succumb to a buyer's request - why have a problem situation on your hands when the auction ends and the buyer doesn't pay?

qball    10
qball
I guess it is that irretating little thing that comes up and says"Ask Bidorbuy"

Must be manned 24/7

Nope, that is Ask bidorbuy, not LiveChat! :cheesy:

LiveChat is here - bidorbuy.co.za - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software The little block on the left that has a smiling lady saying ONLINE... :amuse:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Strange things can happen at times which serve a dual purpose of creating unease as well

as hacking buyers off.

Last night I bid right up to the end of an auction. I put in a final bid and sat back. I was outbid

and the auction closed. A few minutes later I receive a personal offer. Had the item been a roll

of toilet paper or a Ferrari I would have thought nothing of it. After all, they make them every day.

But I was bidding on a rare item. That aside what happened a few minutes after the auction? Did

the buyer opt out? Was the bid deleted? I pondered on these possibilities all through the night. The

offer was until 9.45 pm today. Plenty of time.

This morning I was advised at 9.40 am that the offer has closed. I am of course, absolutely thrilled.

Had I not enjoyed getting irritated I would have been very annoyed. And suspicious. Fortunately for

me I have nothing better to do.