Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

It's getting out of HAND!!!!!!!!

wayjen    10
wayjen

Why would you close early???

I first sale on BoB was an old item we had in a box and put it on for R60 and we sold it for R690 and we also panicked but hell let it run I say.

JANDS    10
JANDS

We don't determine the price, the buyer does.....relax and roll.

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

It might not be worth that much to YOU, but those two buyers are willing to pay the price for collectables! Let them bid, it's an auction after all!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree with Asha. Perhaps you are the one who doesn't know the true value of the items? :confused:

svw    10
svw

Surprisingly old 'matchbox' or even model cars are quite valuable to a collector - even more so if they are left in the boxes!

A few years back for my hubby's birthday - to start off his pub collection - I gave him 5 model sports cars all in their boxes - before we knew it our one son had successfully ripped the boxes apart and stuffed them in the bin - definiately one of those jaw dropping moments...

kyle2    10
kyle2

There are 4 very valuable cars in there, which could easily fetch R200 - R300 each!

Well done on the find, let them go to the highest bidder I say. :wink:

amcintyre    10
amcintyre
There are 4 very valuable cars in there, which could easily fetch R200 - R300 each!

Well done on the find, let them go to the highest bidder I say. :wink:

Thanks - that makes me feel a little better. I always try to be as honest and descriptive as possible when listing things and would hate the final buyer to receive the cars and think, "What trash!".

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

The value is often determined by what the byers are prepared to pay. That is what bidding is about. If a number of buyers want the same item and are prepared to pay...well great!

This is often the case with collectables.

One item "valued" at say R500 sells for R1 and an item "valued" at say R1 sells for R500. It's the buyers that determine the value of collectables.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Certain of the cars on offer could be collectors items!

wayjen    10
wayjen

We have an auction on at the moment which I relisted at R100 when it was much higher then that and because of the R100 I am having a fight on my hands because as we stand today it is at R417. I never had a bite when I had it up for more but gosh darn if this sales works out I will be most cheerful.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Send me some snoek with the profits Wayne.....:ninja:.....or else

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

MrAerospace makes the most beautiful collector cars from recycled materials. They will soon be available on BoB but we're trying to work out which category would be the best for them. Anyone have any suggestions?

JANDS    10
JANDS

Hello Lilly :idea: How about posting a pic so one can get an idea of what they look like?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks for the suggestion. Here are three of them ...

58f5a73dc2dd2_COLLECTORCARS001.jpg.b366fe63009feb24b50c017f306c80a6.jpg

58f5a73dc7bc1_COLLECTORCARS002.jpg.89cb500c50f9023d942851aeac560613.jpg

58f5a73dccbb9_COLLECTORCARS003.jpg.6617fef83c2bdaad960d408b223c0833.jpg

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Just to add some info to the pictures which lily has posted ...

1. They are NOT toys!

2. The van is 28 cm long and 13.5 cm high.

3. The big green truck is 33 cm long and its cab is 15.5 cm high.

4. The old-fashioned green truck (the middle picture) is 28 cm long and 13.5 cm high.

So they are not "dinky" type cars! All made from re-cycled materials!

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

Well, you can imagine my happiness now - The buyer who has been pushing the value up to (what I consider) a ridiculous amount sends me a question stating I must delete his bid - bringing it tumbling down to R11. :awesome: However, given the deleted buyer's ratings, it looks like he wouldn't have completed the transaction anyway.

svw    10
svw

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3834[/ATTACH]

They are super - especially the green truck! - definiately the type of thing i would have used as an ornament on the bookshelf in one of my boys rooms when they were younger - even as an ornament in a study or pub could work...

JANDS    10
JANDS

Mr Aero.....those trucks are blerrie nice man.....hats off to you sincerely. Personally I would list them under "Antiques and collectables". The crowds milling there are most likely to appreciate them and I would consider that a collectable. Gooi gas oom, they are cool.:love: By the way, are you perhaps in the Albany Woodworkers Guild?

wayjen    10
wayjen
Well, you can imagine my happiness now - The buyer who has been pushing the value up to (what I consider) a ridiculous amount sends me a question stating I must delete his bid - bringing it tumbling down to R11. :awesome: However, given the deleted buyer's ratings, it looks like he wouldn't have completed the transaction anyway.

That is disgusting to say the least. A waste of time and fat chance and must have only been playing games on BoB, people like that should be shown the door.

Do some more research on what you have and list accordingly.

alloway65    10
alloway65

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3834[/ATTACH]

Please send me a link when you list as one of my Grandson's loves them!

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Yup, looks like you dodged a bullet there(with those ratings),but it still sucks to have buyers like that around.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

That is disgusting to say the least. A waste of time and fat chance and must have only been playing games on BoB, people like that should be shown the door.

Do some more research on what you have and list accordingly.

I'm a fine one to talk (where requests to delete bids are concerned) but maybe Wayne is right - take the gap and pull the plug on your auction - do the research and maybe you will get some really great prices on some of those models. Good luck!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink