Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

My very proud moment

Miss Jewels

My eldest son (24 in Oct) was chosen for the squad for WP Amateur Rugby 2012. They will represent WP at the SA Rugby amateur provincial competition in Oudtshoorn from 26/8 to 01/09. The official team received their kit and clothing this evening....and I invited myself along with the camera.

I'm bursting at the seams with pride.....just had to share this with you all

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3830[/ATTACH]

Cali Craft and Gems

Congrats!

(and just another event in our little dorpie... so much happens here with regards to sporting events that it is sometimes also known as the sporting capital of SA...)

@C - is this not a good excuse to follow him and pop in for a visit? ;)

Miss Jewels

Haha J....I'm definitely coming up. Will be popping in to see your shop too. Just need to know where they're playing so I can organize accomodation at a B & B. Any suggestions?

Cali Craft and Gems

Depending on the level of "comfort" you are seeking, there are several options. For simple self-catering, Klein Plaas is a definite must. For self-catering with breakfast (and other accom options) there is Attakwas. At some of the backpackers (only the ones in Langenhoven or Baron van Reede Streets are recommended), there are private cottages or family rooms so you don't have to "share" accommodation with others. Personally we have stayed at NR Smit resorts (very similar to Klein Plaas - mom's stayed there and was impressed) and Attakwas, but there are many places in town.

JohnBenn

Congrats, excellent news:grin:

wayjen

oh snap!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Miss J. One of my proudest moments was when my eldest snapped up the job as PA to the GM of WP Youth Rugby.

retailrush

Congrats to your son Miss J. What a great photo - I think he will look good in a Springbok jersey one day...

lilythepink

Congrats, Miss Jewels. You must be the most wonderful mother in the world so it's no surprise that your sons are great achievers.

Now - if you're going as far as Oudtshoorn, why not carry on to Grahamstown?

Seeds for Africa

Congrats Miss Jewels......... very nice photo!

dstorm

Congratulations Miss Jewels. And playing for the right team as well....

dstorm

Forgot to ask. What postion does he play? He definitely looks like a forward to me.

Miss Jewels

Hi. Yes, he's preferred position is tighthead, but can also play loosehead...so he has an advantage.

dstorm

The least (publicly) rewarded position in the team. You can have the best fly-half or wing in the world, but without the front row they are nothing.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

MrAerospace

Congratulations, Miss Jewels. I echo lily's sentiments that your children are lucky to have the wonderful mother that they do!

Miss Jewels

Our stay is booked in Oudtshoorn! We will be spending the whole of next week with the squad supporting them. The WP Amateurs were the competition winners in 2011, so obviously the same is expected from this squad.

As I've just spoilt myself with a tab, I will continue to be on-line.....

58f5a73dd7b7b_samsungtab.jpg.37d521353ea8ba38a9869a63c3fb3ebe.jpg

svw

Congratulations to your son - I'm sure that you will have a super week of watching rugby...

Cali Craft and Gems

We have wireless internet at the shop if you "get stuck" - see you Tuesday! :)

Miss Jewels

....and they're off....(the biggest chap nearest to the door is my "gentle giant")

58f5a73e087c8_boardingbus.jpg.4f5e73b3f6484989038c105e28ec550b.jpg

Little Miss Muffet

Congratulations to your son.

There will be many more proud moments.:cool:

Jongleur
....and they're off....(the biggest chap nearest to the door is my "gentle giant")

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3847[/ATTACH]

Congratulations and good luck.

lilythepink

Travel safely, Miss Jewels. (Yes, I know I've said this before but you are more precious than all your jewels put together!)

And best of luck to your son and his team. May they have a resounding win!

Miss Jewels

...and WP won their first game 80 -- 3 against SWD. Christo scored his first try within 2mins of coming on field. Having a ball so far.....

MrAerospace

You seem to be having a marvellous time - wonderful! Love all the FB pictures!

Miss Jewels

WP Amateurs are bringing the cup to CT! Christo scored a try in each game and was man of the match today!

lilythepink

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTO! Yes, I have shouted it over the hundreds of miles! You must be as proud as can be, Miss Jewels. Glad you are safely home again.