Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Am I Missing Something Here?

wayjen    10
wayjen

I have a Yvonne Chaka Chaka RECORD on auction and I get a bid then this follows:

hello mate i live in london would u be able to send me this cd if i pay u?

My response is thus:

Gday mate

We do ship internationally so yes shipping to London is no problem at all however no where on the auction for Yvonne Chaka Chaka do I mention it as being a cd be it in the wording or under the cd category or even in the pictures I posted. I will delete your bid.

regards,

Today a few seconds ago he rebids on the item and I receive the following as a question:

hello mate! thanks for ur reply, can u find this cd and auction it? even is not a ced is it a disc? i wanted it anyway let me know cheers

I will now reply to this Buyer and see what happens. I know he/she can read but I don't know if he/she can look at pictures at all. I have deleted his/her bid once already and they went and bid again, well I must then assume they want it very urgently and whilst it's not a disc it is disc shaped.

My reply to his question of a minute or so ago.

G'day mate

It is a disc shaped record made of vinyl. I see you are very desperate so I will close your bid and if your money reflects in our paypal account before Tuesday we can post on Wednesday.

regards,

Edited by wayjen

JANDS    10
JANDS

I looked for the "Rolling around like a frikking lunatic laughing till my geriatric rear is lamgelag". Sorry Wayne, this will have to do.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I don’t find any “complete check out” on the add.

Tired of searching

Can you PLEASE just send me the bank details and final amount I owe you so that I can settle this purchase.

Regards

Just received this to another sale we had from a different person.

Is Bid or Buy changing their site that people can't see this?

This is the 4th purchase on BoB from this Buyer and they STILL do not know how to complete check-out? Were they walked through every transaction before ours? Were they spoon fed?

Edited by wayjen

kyle2    10
kyle2

Tired of searching

Can you PLEASE just send me the bank details and final amount I owe you so that I can settle this purchase.

Regards

This is the 4th purchase on BoB from this Buyer and they STILL do not know how to complete check-out? Were they walked through every transaction before ours? Were they spoon fed?

The fairies at BoB are messing with you Wayne.....................LoL:razz:

wayjen    10
wayjen

The fairies are making it harder to enjoy selling on BoB.

svw    10
svw

Sounds like a bit of a time waster to me...

wayjen    10
wayjen

Time wasters are just making it worse on themselves.

kebs    10
kebs

Tired of searching

Regards

Strange that you mention this, last time I bought, everything seemed the same.. However, I tried to help an acquaintance of mine - first time buyer on BoB, purchase something as he just couldn't get through the checkout..:huh: To me, it's so simple - just keep clicking until you get payment instructions!!! :grin: Is it really that difficult for first time users??

wayjen    10
wayjen

It will be very annoying if things have changed to that side of BoB. The site is there as a trading platform between us and the buyer but if the buyer has trouble checking out their items and the sellers need to go through endless to and fro to help buyers check out then we may as well sell on the pavement.

If the "check-out" is missing then the Buyers must speak to BoB but in any event this is an unpleasant transaction experience for both buyer and seller and is bad for business for all 3 of us.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Hi Susan

Congrats on your winning bid. Your eft payment is

R80.00 + R44.00 postage= R124.00

If you do a cash payment at the bank, please add R16.50 bank charges to the above amount

=R140.50

Please follow the links to complete the sale

Thanks

That is our email to a Buyer in the week or earlier. The Buyer pays R118.00 because according to her she never received our BoB sent email so we sent the above email again to her and what follows is the response we get tonight:

Hello

I did made a payment of R118.00 do you want me to make a payment of R6.00 aswell!

Can someone please explain to me how any of the above examples can lead to a pleasant Selling experience on BoB?

Can someone explain to me where the fault lies with any of the above cases?

kyle2    10
kyle2

I'm not sure what it is, I've also had a new buyer who asked for my banking details because they could not find the checkout or did not get it. When I've bought stuff, even recently, I see the checkout, not sure what it is, maybe lack of education for newbie buyers? Spoonfeed, spoonfed, spoonfeed, thats the sellers lot lately, I have to leave lengthly instructions on how to conclude a sale if a buyer has less than 10 ratings lately. :hm:

wayjen    10
wayjen

As a trading platform BoB must educate these Buyers by making it simpler for them to buy and check their items out when all is said and done.

The one buyer has 3 purchases before ours so unless they were spoon fed by the other 3 sellers and they did not learn from that, then there is no hope for them unless between those purchases and our purchase something went wrong then they need to contact BoB.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Wayne, maybe the new BoB seller just took off the BoB fees and sent these fees directly to BoB!!!!:wondering:

Maybe just sell Stamps and Coins and you will have minimum selling problems.......hopefully:hm:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Ai! Ai! It has become a nightmare for the last few days and today will be no different I know. We have stamps and coins on but those types of items have so many variables to consider it might make it worse for me. I recently took all the stamp items off and combined them into one big joblot just so they can go and I have done the same to a few other items just so I can weed out the doubles and clean our site up.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Have a cup of tea and some cake, Wayne! Hope your day will go more easily.

qball    11
qball

Hi Wayne

No changes from our side... we have BIG green button saying Check Out, Proceed etc. We also send out emails when they win auction with a link to the order and order form, with BIG green buttons on the pages...

We have an entire Help section dedicated to Buying, including screen shots... with orange circles showing them where to click, included in the registration email are links to Help on buying and selling... we have had user testing from users who have never used the site and implemented suggestions based on their experiences to make it easier... not sure how much easier we can make it? :razz:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Howzit Fairy Godfather

I thought as much, we are just at our wits end with regards Buyers who unable to read and do what is instructed of them to do. It is frustrating to say the least when you have to waste time on Buyers who have already done purchases before yet are still unable to find a big green button or follow instructions. How else do you get a person to read and email to get how much they must pay, it's not like we are asking them to add it up themselves which some other Einsteins seem to do BEFORE you tell them the proper amount.

alloway65    10
alloway65
Ai! Ai! It has become a nightmare for the last few days and today will be no different I know. We have stamps and coins on but those types of items have so many variables to consider it might make it worse for me. I recently took all the stamp items off and combined them into one big joblot just so they can go and I have done the same to a few other items just so I can weed out the doubles and clean our site up.

If I combined all my Philatelic accumulations I would need a very large bakkie to ship it! I told my wife when I pass on she can have a large bonfire, I am sure it will burn well with all the stamp "glue"! Maybe she can melt down my silver coin accumulations in the same bonfire!:wink:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha she can make a paper mache cast of you and put you in the corner.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I doubt that the wife will want him watching over her in any form!! Oh dear, Wayne. You do make us laugh!

wayjen    10
wayjen

She can fill the cast of David and his technicolor stamp album with sweets and when the grandchildren pop by they can hit him like a Pinata till the sweet pop out.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Hi Jenny

I went to your add and went to ‘complete your purchase’

From there it only gives my shipping address and then continue checkout.

There is no place top left on screen that shows ‘complete checkout’ ?

So therefore this is my final request to you get your bank details to do the transfer!

Regards

Sooo........now after 5 purchases she STILL have a problem checking something out on BoB or is it our site on BoB? I was under the impression every Seller on Bob has the same big green button and links to the checkout procedure? What happens if I do not give into her FINAL REQUEST for our banking details?

wayjen    10
wayjen

I have now emailed the above Buyer asking for details as to why she cannot complete check-out and if she had problems with her other purchases, I am now awaiting her reply.

qball    11
qball
Hi Jenny

I went to your add and went to ‘complete your purchase’

From there it only gives my shipping address and then continue checkout.

There is no place top left on screen that shows ‘complete checkout’ ?

So therefore this is my final request to you get your bank details to do the transfer!

Regards

Sooo........now after 5 purchases she STILL have a problem checking something out on BoB or is it our site on BoB? I was under the impression every Seller on Bob has the same big green button and links to the checkout procedure? What happens if I do not give into her FINAL REQUEST for our banking details?

The buttons are all at the bottom of the form (on the right), which makes logical sense after moving down the page... not top left hand corner...?!

Ifb this was a problem, we would have no orders being placed... :colbert:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Ek weet nie!!

We don't buy so we have no way to check how it works.

Thanks SuperPooch?