Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

No-staple stapler

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

If you know what I mean... it is almost like a stapler but it fuses the pages together with pressure (usually in a line about 15mm long and 4mm wide) instead of using the regular staples. I remember using one as a youngster in my parent's office and would love to have one in my office - saves on using staples (I go through thousands of them).

If anyone has one "laying" around or knows of where I can get one, it would be appreciated! Thank you!

JANDS    10
JANDS

Ditto for me....I want one as well please.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Seeds, my thanks to you to for responding in this flurry of life. Much appreciated, most would glance and move on busy with their stuffies and goeters. May good things head your way. I too should perhaps have added that I am after one of the old ones, even an example I could either restore or rebuild from scratch. I have only ever seen one and was so impressed. The selfish bugger who owned it had deaf ears to my pleas, stone-hearted person...ugh. The pity is I still cannot quite remember what it looked like. Now its Cali's fault for awakening the zeal to have one of those blerrie things again.

Have a grand evening you two.

Cali Craft and Gems

It's a PAPER WELDER!!!! (and I'm still searching for one - now worldwide! LOL)

This is what it looks like:

58f5a73d3c7fb_paperwelder.jpg.0674a4b8f32b4f76e0c91b6808665546.jpg

And this is what it does to paper:

Paper_Welder_specimen.jpg.8833ee318d86b10ab3214bd10c5165db.jpg

JANDS    10
JANDS

Thats the one woman! Tankee kindly....:bigsmile:

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
If you know what I mean... it is almost like a stapler but it fuses the pages together with pressure (usually in a line about 15mm long and 4mm wide) instead of using the regular staples. I remember using one as a youngster in my parent's office and would love to have one in my office - saves on using staples (I go through thousands of them).

If anyone has one "laying" around or knows of where I can get one, it would be appreciated! Thank you!

Cheepies are usually available at stationers , the paper is basically bent together in different spots , they arent permanent like a stapler and twist apart easily , i find them frustrating because the paper should be decent paper , you do get an alternative stapler which puts a reusable staple over the paper with a hand held thingy , easy to put on and take off but not cheap but fully reusable .

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

Did some searching on the product and came across the following article which has a rather interesting perspective on the product:

By the time I had finished reading that blog post my mouth was literally hanging to the floor :shock:

For the less obvious reason though. I wonder if the blogger would have posted an alternately defamatory post had she received the item without any of that packaging that she is squealing about and the item was smashed to pieces?

Some people...#Shaking my head in disbelief# Received an item for FREE, brilliantly packaged to avoid damage, and then proceeds to slander the whole process on a public internet post. What a ...

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to mrmouse - I have one of those "alternative" thingies but it is not suitable for my current requirements. I am currently going through stacks of staples daily only to remove them from the invoices when I pack parcels - top copy for buyer, second copy for me. I was just hoping for a more eco-friendly option for the long run...

I will however be keeping my eye open where ever I go for the original paper welder. There has to be one somewhere... :)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Cali, I think an old-fashioned stationery shop in East London might be worth trying. Not sure if it is still "old fashioned" but try Maclear Stationers there. Meanwhile I will ask around in Grahamstown for you.

JANDS    10
JANDS

Lily....for me too please lest I feel all left out.....:sad:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I am still looking - today is out as it's MrA's birthday but if I find one (or more) I'll let you know here.