Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Is Telkom Going Down In Cape Town?

wayjen

Voldermort just phoned me now to see if I had the Interwebz. According to her, the internet is down in her area and Telkom say that a problem is happening as various grids are crashing all over and they are not sure what the problem is but are checking into it.

JohnBenn

I've also had a weak signal with vodacom all month.I wonder if it has something to do with the maintenance on the underwater cables and that maintenance ship that burned?????

wayjen

Or the SA submarine that crashed into the bottom of the ocean?

Cali Craft and Gems

Or just Hellkom in general...

Internet at the shop was painfully slow this morning (Telkom) and my system at the home office keeps hanging (Mweb). Perhaps it's time I take the hint and head off to the mountains instead... (I wish!)

lilythepink

I think it's that meteorite that was flying around the forum not so long ago and nobody would own up to it!

But, jokes aside, on Sunday I had problems off and on the whole day with Hellkom's internet and email! Yesterday it was the Municipality's electricity which kept going off and on! My computer must think it has whooping cough!

lilythepink

Thanks, JB. But that doesn't explain Grahamstown's electricity problems yesterday! Sadly!!

kebs

Umm... Anyone have any recommendations for MWeb?

JohnBenn

For the two above - ANC lol:whistling:

admin
Hmm... & here I was thinking this looked quite good : MWEB - Uncapped ADSL

Hi kebs,

I have a MWEB 1M DSL subscription, have been with them since forever. Usually things run smoothly, unless it is an under sea cable that needs repair.

kebs
Hi kebs,

I have a MWEB 1M DSL subscription, have been with them since forever. Usually things run smoothly, unless it is an under sea cable that needs repair.

Thanks!!!

wayjen

Sam says they may be down for 3 days according to Hellkom, so if any of you have purchased her wares and they coming off in the next few days, please bear with her as they are down that side. They might come around here if they not up by thursday.

voldermort

I Am Back.........

Eventually I am back - after numerous phone calls to Telkom & their eventually this morning saying it was not a problem their side, the problem was with all 3 of my computers & I need to phone my IT guy :mad: like really, 3 computers just got buggered up all at the same time.......I eventually got through to an English speaking person who managed to sort out the problem within 5 mins.

Anyway big thanks to Wayne for all your help :angel: and to Andries who nearly caused me to drop dead while I was internetless :whistling: told you I would be back :ninja:

wayjen

welcome!